Just bought the Kangertech subtank nano. Anyone els use this tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
Seems pretty great so far. :lol::)
I love it man! I have the nano and 2 subtank minis. I use them all equally. I prefer the mini for the bigger capacity and rba, but I think I get slightly better flavor from the nano. Good choice!

Lucas.Vapaholic

Jun 29, 2015
Victoria,BC, Canada
I love it man! I have the nano and 2 subtank minis. I use them all equally. I prefer the mini for the bigger capacity and rba, but I think I get slightly better flavor from the nano. Good choice!
Glad to hear!!! I'm going to buy a dripper but I'm really new to vaping and have never built a coil before so the guy at my local shop said to come back when his co worker who has way more exsperience was on shift sometime at the end of the week but I'm flying to Atlanta on Wednesday and wanted something that gives good vapour production for the trip. Coming from Canada!

Reactions: thetrucker

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
Glad to hear!!! I'm going to buy a dripper but I'm really new to vaping and have never built a coil before so the guy at my local shop said to come back when his co worker who has way more exsperience was on shift sometime at the end of the week but I'm flying to Atlanta on Wednesday and wanted something that gives good vapour production for the trip. Coming from Canada!
Cool man. I never got into dripping, I burn through enough juice as is lol. Enjoy!

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago

if you'd got the subtank mini or plus, it would have had an extra rebuildable head you could build on

ddirtyvapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Portland, ME
Yep, this is my favorite tank. I have the mini and the nano. I always have plenty of OCCs on hand. I don't bother with the RBA that came with mine, the V1. I do rewick the OCCs to extend the life and fully intend to get one of the newer V2(?) RBAs that people are enjoying. I basically agree that on the whole, the Subtanks set the mark to beat. Some other tanks do one thing better, but as a complete package I've got a real soft spot for the Kangers.

Lavaca5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Love the Nano. Plenty of airflow for direct lung inhales, but with a single open air hole, I actually get a satisfying MTL hit, too. Lots of big air tanks and attys make that claim, but this is the first I've tried that really works (although only with thicker juice; otherwise, the tighter draw create some gurgling). Great flavor, too, although I haven't tried the newer vertical coil heads yet. Just got the new Subox with the Subtank Mini, and even though the new Mini has two airflow holes as apposed to the one opening on the Nano, I still think the Nano has more airflow/a looser draw, at least as compared to the RBA deck on the Mini.

Lavaca5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I've got the mini. It's OK, but there are better out there. It's pretty good for a low-watt subohm tank.
Take a look at the new and improved RBA deck that comes in the Subox Mini kit - two big juice ports on the sides of the barrel/chimney instead of the much smaller channels on the bottom. I never tried the original, but so far, I'm digging the new one. I don't know if that was the "meh" factor for you, but it seemed to be for lots of other folks. Rumor has it the new deck will be available separately starting next month some time.

Lucas.Vapaholic

Jun 29, 2015
Victoria,BC, Canada
Yep, this is my favorite tank. I have the mini and the nano. I always have plenty of OCCs on hand. I don't bother with the RBA that came with mine, the V1. I do rewick the OCCs to extend the life and fully intend to get one of the newer V2(?) RBAs that people are enjoying. I basically agree that on the whole, the Subtanks set the mark to beat. Some other tanks do one thing better, but as a complete package I've got a real soft spot for the Kangers.
Good to hear man. Cool

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
Ya I totally wanted too get that one but I'm going on a trip tomorrow and wanted something easy to use for my travels!
Well it's too late now anyway, but the mini has everything you got with the nano, plus hold more juice, and includes the rba to build on. You made a good purchase lol, I'm just letting you know. Maybe check out the mini in the future.

Lucas.Vapaholic

Jun 29, 2015
Victoria,BC, Canada
Take a look at youtube sometime when you have a few minutes and just watch the people build these coils

it is really easy----and fun---takes no time at all.
Ya I will man. Definitely need to learn soon. Become quite the addict. Just got an "Ego One" today for my trip to Atlanta tomorrow. Got the E leaf istick 30w also here at home. Building up my collection. 2 kanga tanks and an e leaf one :)

Lucas.Vapaholic

Jun 29, 2015
Victoria,BC, Canada
The collection so far!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    712.8 KB · Views: 34

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Take a look at the new and improved RBA deck that comes in the Subox Mini kit - two big juice ports on the sides of the barrel/chimney instead of the much smaller channels on the bottom. I never tried the original, but so far, I'm digging the new one. I don't know if that was the "meh" factor for you, but it seemed to be for lots of other folks. Rumor has it the new deck will be available separately starting next month some time.

No, for me the "meh" factor is it simply doesn't produce nearly as good of flavor nor nearly as much vapor as the Freemax Starre.

Like I said, the Subtank is a good low-watt subohm tank. 20-30W and it works really well. By 40W it's burning wick and coil though. With Max VG juice you can chain vape the Starre at 60-70W until the tank is dry without ever getting a single dry hit. The Subtank just doesn't have the wicking, the amount of juice flow, or the airflow to keep up. It's a difference you can see just from looking at the coils.

KRST-AH-3.jpg
kangertech-occ-replacement-coil-05-ohm-for-subtank-silver-3.jpg

starrecoil2_1.jpg

The Starre coils are larger, have larger juice holes, has twice as many juice holes, has a lot more cotton inside, has dual parallel vertical coils instead of a single coil, is half the ohms at .25ohm, and is rated up to 100W.

Of course all that vapor and flavor the Starre produces does come with a price though. You'll go through the full 5ml tank in 3-4 hours pretty easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread