Uwell Crown tankk and Kanger Subtank Nano Comparison please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
I need a 2nd subtank for so I can have more than one flavour on the go on any given day.

I can get an Uwell Crown sub ohm tank with 3 coils in the package for great black Friday sale price compared to price for new Subtank Nano at the moment...

Highly tempted but I DO love the subtank nano - which I cannot find on sale in the UK - the .5ohm OCC VC coils are superb and the tanks never leak or have any issues whatsoever, a true plug in and play tank with dripping quality vapour.

The Crown tank would have to be at least 95% as good as the Nano for me to bother as also have a 5 pack of nano coils on order... Should really just get a 2nd subtank nano I guess....

Unless anyone can tell me the Crown tank is as good.....

Last edited:

Justin Robinson

Aug 6, 2015
I need a 2nd subtank for so I can have more than one flaovur on the go on any given day.

I can get an Uwell Crown sub ohm tank with 3 coils in the package for great black Friday sale price compared to price for new Subtank Nano at the moment...

Highly tempted but I DO love the subtank nano - which I cannot find on sale in the UK - the .5ohm OCC VC coils are superb and the tanks never leak or have any issues whatsoever, a true plug in and play tank with dripping quality vapour.

The Crown tank would have to be at least 95% as good as the Nano for me to bother as also have a 5 pack of nano coils on order... Should really just get a 2nd subtank nano I guess....

Unless anyone can tell me the Crown tank is as good.....
I can't speak for the Nano as I do not own one, but I do own 4 Crown tanks. I absolutely love mine and wish I would've found them sooner. Top fill is so nice.. never leaks. Just remember to close the airflow before you refill. Very easy tank to use and clean.. I highly recommend :)

happytree

Nov 19, 2015
This highly depends on whether you're going to be using the RBA section or not. I literally just bought my uwell crown last night, while owning my subtank mini (not nano like the one you want). I still vape on both. In terms of stock coils wise, there have been some issues with the OCC coils with the subtank, however, the RBA section for it is so easy, I don't even see the point in using the OCC coils. The OCC coils for the uwell crown though, those really are the bomb based on not only the reviews, but what i am vaping on right now. The RBA section needs to be purchased separately, and it's not as easy to rebuild and wick as the entire diameter of the deck is smaller. The subtank mini i bought have 2 OCC coils that came along with it that I have never even touched. The uwell crown comes with 3 coils, all at the lower ohm range: 0.25 and 0.5 ohm dual coil already in the tank (stainless steel coil), 0.15 ohm Ni200 dual coil. If you don't own a TC mod, no point using the Ni200 coil. If you don't own a mod that can go above 30W (lets be honest, aboe 50W), the 0.25 ohm coil is not as good either. The top filling option is exceptionally great.
So quick review on pros and cons on crown vs subtank mini (nano shouldn't be that far off)
Crown has more capacity in tank compared to nano (not the mini)
Crown has top filling.
Crown air flow hole is not as good as the mini imo, but it's still pretty good in terms on friendliness. Has the option to completely close off whereas mini does not.
Crown has 1 more OCC coil that comes along with it, each lasting a month based on the reviews I've read.
Crown doesn't leak as much compared to mini (if everything done correctly on both tanks, it should never leak.
Crown has a better design aesthetically (subjective)
Crown's RBA section needs to be bought separately and not as user-friendly as mini.
Crown's flavor is better in the OCC coil compared to the mini (uses more juice though due to more surface area)
Crown's paint (in any color other than silver) does not come off as easily compared to the mini since the mini's paint is just a coating.

I would choose crown over the nano if I were in your spot. Subtank mini was my second tank, and crown is my third. The subtank mini is honestly for beginners going into rebuilding due to how easy it is. However, it all really comes down to your preference :)

cadman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2009
Oklahoma
I have the Crown and a Subtank Mini (not the Nano), of the two I prefer the Crown. Seems to have better air flow than the Mini. For me the flavor is about the same. As mentioned, the top fill on the Crown is a plus over the Mini. Coil cost is about the same, Nano a little cheaper.

The crown will be a bit taller and larger, but, it holds 4ml versus 3ml of the Nano. The Crown is a good choice.

happytree

Nov 19, 2015
I will not be doing ANY DIY whatsoever. So based on that. Cheers
If you're not going to do any DIY, then the crown will definitely win over the nano in almost every aspect. The only bad part is the air flow options and juice consumption (depending on which OCC coil you buy for the crown). As long as your mod can support it, it will definitely still be better than the nano. If you prefer creamy based juices, i wouldnt recommend both of these tanks at all. Fruity wise, i would go with the crown.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
If you're not going to do any DIY, then the crown will definitely win over the nano in almost every aspect. .

Could you qualify this statement please? Cheers.

Also if airflow is bad as you said that would be a turn off for me, as I love the largest airhole setting on the NANO and anything less is going to be anti climactic.

happytree

Nov 19, 2015
Could you qualify this statement please? Cheers.

Also if airflow is bad as you said that would be a turn off for me, as I love the largest airhole setting on the NANO and anything less is going to be anti climactic.
Advantages of crown will be the OCC coils. They have a way better build on the coils than the Kanger OCC coils. More options to choose from to be specific. The dual coils would be a plus side, TC coils is a bigger plus side.
If you prefer to use the biggest air hole, then the crown would have the same as well. I typically use the middle hole on my subtank mini to get more flavorful draws. Crown also has top filling, which is beneficial for someone like you who doesn't rebuild, since you would barely open the bottom part to replace the OCC coils. Being able to completely close off the airhole is great if you are constantly switching tanks as well, prevent even stronger oxidation from happening to the juices in the tank. Capacity is 1 mL more which could be beneficial if you don't change flavors in the tank as often. Aesthetically better for the crown (subjective), but it is going to be heavier than the nano.

KimmyLynn

Dec 14, 2015
I don't know much about the subtank nano but I do own a crown. I absolutely loved it at first. The coils prime up really quick and you get amazing flavor. However, I've found that for some reason coils don't seem to last. I'll get great flavor for about a day or 2 and then nothing but dry hits. In other tanks coils have lasted me a few weeks so this is really disappointing. I honestly wouldn't reccommend the crown tank to anybody even though a lot of people seem to like it...I just haven't had the best experience with it and I'm already looking for something else to buy

Danbrooks2k

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
Pensacola, Florida
The crown is a beautiful tank... I had nothing but bad luck with dry hit after dry hit no matter how long I soaked the coils, no matter how much I primed the coils, letting them sit overnight, primer puffs ect... I absolutely loved the look and feel of the tank... Others have had great luck with them

The Nano? Well I prefer the subtank plus or the subtank mini... but the nano is a great tank, dependable and with the .5 ohm vertical coils the flavor and vapor is amazing for such a small tank.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
The dry hit on the Crown could have been from that bad batch of overstuffed coils that made the rounds.
Uwell acknowledged that there was a problem batch and offered a new pack of coils for the price of shipping to anyone that got stuck with them.
I had 4 packs of them and made do by poking the cotton through the wicking holes with a map pin.

I boxed up and sold my 4 Subtank minis when I got my first Arctic tank.
I boxed & sold those when I tried my first Crown. Now I have 5 Crowns and 5 dozen .25Ω coils.
The top fill rocks and it has the wide open airflow I want.
Kanger - 22W, Arctic - 50W, Crown - 80W
It's a juice hog but those tasty cloudz tho.
No regrets.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
726bc015f82afc087d0eb2897f137bf1.jpg

I have both the Crown and the purple Nano seen here...Nano is OK for MTL but the Crown blows it away for deep lung hits..that why I have two Crowns...and the Maganus on the D2 is good for either MTL or direct lung hits...least it's that way for me[emoji12]

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread