Looking For An e-cig That Creates Clouds

Status
Not open for further replies.

George_F

Aug 20, 2015
Hey guys, so I'm relatively new to the whole buying e cigs thing. I've been smoking cigarettes and hookah pipes for a few years now, and most of my mates have ecigs so I'm a relative user of those as well.

I've never purchased an e cig and I just want one that will produce a lot of vapor.
Money isn't a problem and really neither is taste or looks of the ecig.
Any suggestions on any good ecigs or specific mods I should consider would be appreciated. Thanks.

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
Reactions: Romano Cheese

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
Ok thanks for that
NP, also if you decide to use the RBA route check out a Ohms Law Calculator(Actually should be learned no matter what) to check how much power your build will be producing, if its pulling near 20amps I would use a Sony VTC4.. But again those two links should explain!

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Thanks for the reply. A question on the Kanger subox kit. Does it come with a battery, if not which is a recommended battery to use. Cheers.

It's highly recommended to purchase a quality external battery charger for the 18650's. From reading this forum most battery failures occur while recharging, and an external charger protects the mod. example : Nitecore intellicharger...

Reactions: MikeyConti

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
At least 2. I keep 8 in rotation for my 2 battery mods. Batteries are cheap compared to the rest of the vaping gear. Might as well grab 4. Depending on how you vape, 4 will keep you going for at least a day, maybe a week without having to charge them. Just don't store them without a charge, and don't leave them fully charged for long periods. All that info on battery maintenance is in the blogs. And +1 on the Sony VTC4's. You can grab them for $6 or $7 a piece and they will work for just about any of your vaping needs now and in the future.

kbeam418

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2015
Toledo,Oh
Rba's kick out clouds, you'd have to rebuild them from time to time though, the kanger Subox is a good starting point as it comes with two .5 coils prebuilt for the rba section and a replaceable .5 coil head, produces ok clouds and the rba depends on how you build it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RBA for a new person? I wouldn't recommend RBA for someone who's never used a PV. Hell I don't even rebuild (not that I don't now how) and I've been doing this for about a year.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Or save yourself a lot of trouble and get an internal lipo. Charges lke your cellphone. Don't have to worry about all the battery stuff. Not just understanding but all the other hassles... I'll never go back to imrs/18650. Just sayin'
Different strokes for different folks. Personally, I strongly prefer using the replaceable external batteries.

Should your battery die for lack of a charge in a mod using an internal LiPo battery when you are out and about, unless you have your charging cord with you and a nearby power outlet, you're out of luck and won't be able to vape.

LiPo batteries are not "safe chemistry", they depend completely upon the mod's protection circuitry. Interesting that we are seeing more mod fires and explosions with the recent popularity of mods using an internal LiPo battery. :glare:

rps20150427_153529-jpg.453674

I like being able to choose what battery I use in a mod, and not depend upon a manufacturer to decide for me. They don't always make the best or safest choice. IMR batteries (replaceable external) are "safe chemistry". They may vent hot gas, but they don't generally vent flames or explode like ICR or LiPo batteries can.

If you're using a mod that uses replaceable batteries when you're out and your battery dies, you just replace the battery with a spare you carry in a pocket or purse in a plastic battery case and then continue vaping.

Those internal LiPo batteries can't be removed, so when they finally die, the entire mod becomes an expensive paperweight. Since IMR batteries can be replaced cheaply ($10) and you don't have to replace an expensive mod. IMR batteries are the best option in the long run because they are less expensive, SAFER, and extend the use of your expensive mod.

Battery Basics for Mods: A Definitive Guide to Batteries for Vaping

Good Starter Setups for Beginner Vapers

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread