Help a bro out!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mountain_Rain96

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
Atlanta Ga.
Hi I am new member. I am a heavy shisha smoker looking to quit. Hence I am trying to find out a e cig that produce big clouds like a hookah. Any suggestions of e cigs that have big clouds under $160?

I'm not the least bit familiar with hookahs, sorry, but I wanted to welcome you anyway. :vapor: Someone will be along shortly to help you, I'm sure. There are hundreds (if not thousands) of members here whose knowledge far eclipses mine.

Ravikumar

Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
No Freedom Island
A mechanical mod with low ohm coils will give you big clouds of vapor. But it's not recommended for new users, kind of an advanced setup. I'd say start with a variable volt/watts ecig and gain some knowledge there before you jump into sub ohm coils and mechanicals.
Thanks for the replies..but do u have any models to suggest? :)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I recommend starting with a eGo battery setup that has variable voltage function like a Spinner or Twist.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...06-4-good-starters-setup-beginning-vapor.html

vivinovamini-twist.jpg

The resistance rating (ohms rating) may affect the amount of vapor produced. Lower ohm or LR (low resistance) juice delivery devices may produce more vapor, but may cause some flavors to taste unpleasantly burnt and may drain the battery slightly faster. Standard ohm or SR (standard resistance) are a nice middle ground. High resistance or HR (high resistance) are generally recommended for the variable voltage devices because it will allow the user to use the full range of voltage for that battery device.

What Is the Difference Between Ohms Ratings? | Virgin Vapor | Electronic Cigarette Organic e-Liquid | Electronic Cigarettes

When purchasing your e-liquids to place in your juice delivery devices, those that have a higher Vg ratio will produce more vapor, at the expense of possibly having less flavor. E-liquids typically have both Pg (propylene glycol for more flavor) and Vg (vegetable glycerin for more vapor) in a ratio close to 50/50 for a nice balance between flavor and vapor production. The majority of vendors that custom mix their e-juices offer the option of the ratio mix of Pg/Vg that you wish to purchase.

The following is a picture dictionary of the more common juice delivery devices on the market for beginners:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...k-what-primer-juice-delivery-attachments.html

Last edited:

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Your willingness to spend as much as $160 gives you a lot of good options and even leaves room for you to experiment with different delivery devices to find out which you like best.

Delivery devices are the vessels that hold and vaporize the ejuice. The easiest type to use are called clearomizers (clearos). In my opinion based on just 3 months of being a member of the vaping world, clearos were gaining in popularity even before the introduction of the first glass model, the Kanger Protank. The potential confusion between clearomizers, cartomizers and atomizers is increased by the fact that many sellers don't seem to know which are which in their website advertising.

It's a big confusing world of equipment out there, so instead of writing a thesis, I'll cut to the chase and give you my recommendations, which are guaranteed to be disagreed with by other people with equally good intentions of helping you find your "set-up".

The following items are all from US sellers from whom I've purchased and I vouch for the customer service. You can generally save money if you buy from sellers in China but I choose the quicker delivery and easier resolution of any problems that I get by buying in the US (even though the majority of vaping equipment is manufactured in China.)

From My Vapor Store, get
Vision Spinner VV eGo Battery 1300mAh (Get 2)
Kanger EVOD eGO Bottom Coil Clearomizer (Get 2)
Atomizer Head for Kanger EVOD eGo Bottom Coil Clearomizer (Get 10)
This amount of purchases from My Vapor Store will be $77 and will therefore qualify for free shipping

From Mt Baker Vapor, get
SmokTech Ego Charging Bundle - Mt Baker Vapor - Electronic Cigarettes This is a better charger at a cheaper price than the once sold by My Vapor Store, and comes with a car charger in addition.
Plus, get at least 100ml of ejuice from the same place (Mt Baker Vapor) which can cost as little as $22 (more if you buy a variety of flavors in smaller bottles but still great prices for quality juice).
The amount of purchases from Mt Baker will be $35 (or more if you choose) and shipping will be about $3.

Total cost: $112, and you will not only have quality equipment that's very economical for continued use, but you'll have EVERYTHING you need, with replacement parts and back-ups for 30 days or more of vaping unless you use an exceptionally large amount of ejuice.

Oh, almost forgot. Enter ecf10 in the coupon code section when checking out at Mt Baker Vapor, for 10% off. If that doesn't work, try "mtbaker". There is always a 10% off code or two, so if neither of those work I'll find you one that will.

There is also a 10% discount code for My Vapor Store. For the month of April, it's H8EMZ. I suggest ordering an additional Evod clearo when this knocks your total purchase down below the $75 minimum that's required for free shipping.

Last edited:

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Many of them can...if that's what you really want. Look for a device with a higher amp limit so you can use dual coil stuff, for example.

Like post #4 said:

I'll point you at this thread...BUT...YOU MUST UNDERSTAND THIS IS NOT FOR NEWBIES that don't understand the electronics of it...they could blow up their battery. It's dangerous...if done wrong (maybe also if done too often..IDK). You should have some "normal" e-cig understanding 1st (and how the juice hits you, the nic levels, etc.) However, there's video in there with some of the biggest clouds I've seen.

I personally don't recommend it. I think a standard e-cig will work fine. This is special purpose stuff:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/409593-noob-s-low-ohms-concerns.html

Also see video in post #18 here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/408507-quad-coil-2.html#post9354276

No warranties express or implied on this. Read up well and use A LOT of caution if you even go near this stuff. It's a current trend...but that doesn't mean that it's a good idea. I'm still avoiding it and I understand enough of the electronics to pull it off. I just don't know if I want to coat my lungs that heavily with vapor....

I'd rather see you use e-cig like devices than hookah (I don't want to hear about safER info on hookah...I think e-cigs are much safer). However, don't over nic. Don't over-coat your lungs. Use clean juice (I'd recommend mostly PG juice or balance of PG/VG if no allergies. 100% VG can "coat" more IMO). YMMV.

I would hate for some newbie to start with a setup like that and have an allergic reaction, or over nic and get sick, or blow up a battery, etc. It's just...pushing the limits...so far that you should know what you are doing 1st.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread