Made in China vs USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarwinUser

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2011
New York
When it comes to e-cigarette products, is Made in USA actually better than Made in China?
Being an American, that's is my initial reaction, but when I think about it, maybe that is not necessarily the case. First of all, China invented the product, which implies that they have had longer time to market and improve them. Second, most e-cigarette-related manufacturing companies tend to be relatively small due to regulations and what not preventing larger companies from entering the market (maybe they're playing the waiting game?). However, I guess we tend to take for granted that USA-produced products use parts/ingredients that are fairly well regulated for safety reasons, so that may favor USA products.

What do you think? Also, how large a factor does general impressions of USA/Chinese products impact the e-cigarette products?

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Off the top of my head:

Hardware: US quality would be better, but 5 times more expensive. Irrelevant since it's all Chinese anyway. Still must give em credit for doing it. Could be a bit more robust, with better quality control. OTOH for the mod market... USA rocks. (yes....others are good too)

Software (e-juice): USA all the way. The FDA is using [found] contaminants as an excuse to ban e-cigs due to the lack of quality control in China.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread