Need an affordable mechanical mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapeOn88

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2015
Hey guys! So I've recently purchased a eleaf istick 50w, a kanger subtank mini, the UD goblin RBA, and the mutilation x v4 rda. And I love every one of them. I'm sure many of you know, as a passionate vaper you're always looking to try something new. I'd like to get into using a mechanical mod with my rda but as you can see I've spent the majority of my vaping budget on other new toys already. Can you guys recommend some good mechanical mods in the 50 dollars and under price range? Thanks for all your help! ✌

Liskrig

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
MA, USA
Mechs are cool and all, but it really depends on what you're after... Clouds, or flavor?

I bought a clone Panzer and it has been sitting on my TV stand for about 2 months now. I just don't see a need for mech-mods when there are regulated boxes (including the iStick 50w) that have much better performance and are a LOT safer (especially for a nut like me :))

All the same... You asked for some suggestions :)

Phantom Mod by Wotofo

Project Sub-Ohm Mutation X V2 Mod by Indulgence

Beyond Vape Beacon Mod Black [bv-bea-mod-blk] - $55.00 : Beyond Vape, Premium Vaporizers and E-Cigarettes ($5 over your budget)

Reactions: nyiddle

VapeOn88

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2015
Mechs are cool and all, but it really depends on what you're after... Clouds, or flavor?

I bought a clone Panzer and it has been sitting on my TV stand for about 2 months now. I just don't see a need for mech-mods when there are regulated boxes (including the iStick 50w) that have much better performance and are a LOT safer (especially for a nut like me :))

All the same... You asked for some suggestions :)

Phantom Mod by Wotofo

Project Sub-Ohm Mutation X V2 Mod by Indulgence

Beyond Vape Beacon Mod Black [bv-bea-mod-blk] - $55.00 : Beyond Vape, Premium Vaporizers and E-Cigarettes ($5 over your budget)
Thanks man. That does make sense on why you'd still with regulated. And that's also why I spent the majority of my budget on a regulated device. I just was looking for a cheaper one that I could vape occasionally on. The mod I was looking at was the excalibur mod by cigreen. Also the mutation mod would match up great with my mutation x v4 rda. Appreciate the input!

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Hey guys! So I've recently purchased a eleaf istick 50w, a kanger subtank mini, the UD goblin RBA, and the mutilation x v4 rda. And I love every one of them. I'm sure many of you know, as a passionate vaper you're always looking to try something new. I'd like to get into using a mechanical mod with my rda but as you can see I've spent the majority of my Vaping budget on other new toys already. Can you guys recommend some good mechanical mods in the 50 dollars and under price range? Thanks for all your help! ✌

Don't know if you know this or not, I am sure you have, but I just want to mention safe battery to go with it. Keep in mind, with a mechanical mod, you have to get batteries and a good battery charger along with the mod. That can cost as much as the mod itself. If I had the choice of buying a good mod with cheap batteries, or cheap mod with good batteries, the batteries would win out. Make sure you get an adequate high drain battery, VTC4's are preferred. A good charger to go with it as well.

SleeZy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2014
Sweden
If you're on a budget i would recommend nemesis clones from FT. Order the ones with most comments.
I've 6 or 7 nemesis from there. :) They're still my workhorses today.(Bought em a year ago.) They're simple and just works and easy for maintance. Also they're looking great. :)

And if you realy care about voltage drops, buy the anodized nemesis tubes aswell or buy the copper/brass nemmy.
I use the anodized tubes so i can switch colors depending on my mood. :)

And as the commentor above me said. A good battery is realy realy important.
VTC4/5 or other comparable batteries is the way to go coupled with a good charger such as xtar or nitecore.
And you will want to own an multimeter aswell to be able to check the condition on your batteries.

Last edited:
Reactions: VapeOn88

VapeOn88

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2015
Don't know if you know this or not, I am sure you have, but I just want to mention safe battery to go with it. Keep in mind, with a mechanical mod, you have to get batteries and a good battery charger along with the mod. That can cost as much as the mod itself. If I had the choice of buying a good mod with cheap batteries, or cheap mod with good batteries, the batteries would win out. Make sure you get an adequate high drain battery, VTC4's are preferred. A good charger to go with it as well.
Yup I do know this. I have sony vtc4s. And for a charger I have the NiteCore D2 Digicharger.

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
Do you have any you'd recommend?
vapetech pegasus and vapetech overdose are phenominal. shenxi slug and shenxi panzer are also awesome. kingtu skyline is fantastic too. A copper, single tube, mech mod is going to noticably outperform anything modular or telescoping. And you don't have so many different parts to worry about.

Reactions: Hitcat44

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Inexpensive Mechanical Mod and RDA Setup

• More natural and safer recessed side fire button prevents autofiring in you pocket or when set down.
  • Durable aircraft-grade aluminum body the is extremely lightweight.
  • Made in Ohio, so in the rare event it should need repair, send it to the manufacturer.
  • Durable stainless steel 510 connector.
  • Available in several colors.
  • Battery extension sleeve available should you want to use a Kick and 18650 battery for power regulation.

juggler86

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2015
Wisconsin

2 samsung 25rs $9@ illumn
Nightcore dual bay charger $12

Good batteries are cheap if you dont buy them at a shop. I dont get why people still buy Trustfires and other POS batts when good 1s are cheap and readily available.

On topic if your only going to be using your mutation on the mech Id say get a SMPL clone. Its a hybrid so some people are afraid of them. All mechs can be dangerous, to me a hybrid is no more dangerous then a normal mech aslong as you have a good idea on what youre doing

VapeOn88

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2015
2 samsung 25rs $9@ illumn
Nightcore dual bay charger $12

Good batteries are cheap if you dont buy them at a shop. I dont get why people still buy Trustfires and other POS batts when good 1s are cheap and readily available.

On topic if your only going to be using your mutation on the mech Id say get a SMPL clone. Its a hybrid so some people are afraid of them. All mechs can be dangerous, to me a hybrid is no more dangerous then a normal mech aslong as you have a good idea on what youre doing
Yeah I've been looking at quite a few if those. Don't know if I'd buy the smpl clones off of fast tech tho. But I'd have to buy a clone because on dna they're over 100 bucks.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
If you're on a budget i would recommend nemesis clones from FT. Order the ones with most comments.
I've 6 or 7 nemesis from there. :) They're still my workhorses today.(Bought em a year ago.) They're simple and just works and easy for maintance. Also they're looking great. :)

And if you realy care about voltage drops, buy the anodized nemesis tubes aswell or buy the copper/brass nemmy.
I use the anodized tubes so i can switch colors depending on my mood. :)

And as the commentor above me said. A good battery is realy realy important.
VTC4/5 or other comparable batteries is the way to go coupled with a good charger such as xtar or nitecore.
And you will want to own an multimeter aswell to be able to check the condition on your batteries.
+1, fasttech nemisis- best 18 bucks you will ever spend. 2 SS and one brass, over a year old working perfect

download-1.jpg
images-41.jpg

Reactions: 3mg Meniere

juggler86

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2015
Wisconsin
Yeah I've been looking at quite a few if those. Don't know if I'd buy the smpl clones off of fast tech tho. But I'd have to buy a clone because on dna they're over 100 bucks.

Ive bought 2 off ebay less then $20 each. 1 has a pressed cap and 1 is a single tube, like the authentic. 1 has magnetic switch the other a spring. I love them, theyre the only mechs I still use. The only problem I ever had was I dropped the magnetic switch 1 and 1 of the magnets broke, super easy fix though.

This is 1 vape item that I think is fine to order off ebay, nearly impossible to screw up. If you decide to get 1 id suggest an Amod/Wotofo clone.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
+1, fasttech nemisis- best 18 bucks you will ever spend. 2 SS and one brass, over a year old working perfect

View attachment 465310 View attachment 465311
Another +1 for the Nemesis clone of of Fasttech. Also get the magnets to go with it.

Nemesis
Magnets
Kick (If you want to turn it into a 15w regulated, 1.2 ohm+ coils)

Another good mod:

Caravela full kit
A bit pickier with batteries, but haven't had much of a problem. they lowered the price from when I got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread