Need an affordable mechanical mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulparnham

May 25, 2015
Neither of those mods have a locking ring. Would be a dangerous thing to slide one of these into a pocket.
they have no locking ring but the smpl fire button is 3 mill inside the tube and the praxis you need to push inwards and upwards to fire so very difficult to accidently fire them but your right it coukd happen.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
if you want the lowest voltage drop on a mech go for a hybrid top cap mech. The praxis and smpl have made all my other mechs redundant
I like hybrids, but you have to be mindful of the 510 pin on your atomizer or bad things can happen.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I love the SXK/Infinite Stingrays. Very nice clones.

I bought a Phenom clone from FT for $15. It has two issues: one is the 510 pin only comes up so high so it may not connect with some attys. The other is the switch was not assembled correctly, lol! I figured out the switch and now I love it. Great mod for $15.

I also bought an authentic Ragnorak for $30 from Vaporrange.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
they have no locking ring but the smpl fire button is 3 mill inside the tube and the praxis you need to push inwards and upwards to fire so very difficult to accidently fire them but your right it coukd happen.

I'm not saying they're bad mods. They are good and convenient. But I wouldn't suggest one to a new person or someone not used to handling mech mods. I've had a few scares when I first got my mech mod... It took me those scares to learn the danger. No matter how far the button goes inside the tube, if you put it in your pocket, and you have, say a juice bottle in your pocket, bad things can happen. That's why I still suggest a first mech mod be one with a recessed button AND a locking ring. I have a hybrid, and it is an "at home only" mod.

paulparnham

May 25, 2015
I'm not saying they're bad mods. They are good and convenient. But I wouldn't suggest one to a new person or someone not used to handling mech mods. I've had a few scares when I first got my mech mod... It took me those scares to learn the danger. No matter how far the button goes inside the tube, if you put it in your pocket, and you have, say a juice bottle in your pocket, bad things can happen. That's why I still suggest a first mech mod be one with a recessed button AND a locking ring. I have a hybrid, and it is an "at home only" mod.
yeah I would agree a hybrid top isn't the best mech for a person new to mechs

Hitcat44

mere Pawn in Game of Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
Panzer Clone by Shenxi.
Little more Cash than the others mentioned but the build quality, function, longevity, Design, and looks are all phenomenal.
If you can swing 50-60, definitely take a look at those. Made in several different Models/Materials/Appearance to get the Look you want.
Personally, rather spend a little more to get a Device that lasts and performs without any "wish it hads" or "if Only" and be done as well as own something that will meet my Needs and Wants for a long time.

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
Panzer Clone by Shenxi.
Little more Cash than the others mentioned but the build quality, function, longevity, Design, and looks are all phenomenal.
If you can swing 50-60, definitely take a look at those. Made in several different Models/Materials/Appearance to get the Look you want.
Personally, rather spend a little more to get a Device that lasts and performs without any "wish it hads" or "if Only" and be done as well as own something that will meet my Needs and Wants for a long time.
I have a Panzer Red Phoenix by Shenxi. It is a high quality mod, but it does still have "wish it hads" for me. I wish it wasn't modular and was just a single tube. But this is a good mod. And I think it is a bit authentic. Did MCV ever manufacture a Red Phoenix? I don't think they did.

Hitcat44

mere Pawn in Game of Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
That's strange,,,, my Shenxi Hellfire is Modular. Comes apart into 5 Sections.
Not sure on the MCV Models. Red Phoenix is sweet looking.
I liked the Hellfire as it is a full-Copper and coated in black powder-coat. Think the newer Hellfire are now better coated with PVD Process.

Definitely prefer the Buttons on the Shenxi Panzers. Recessed, smooth Magnetics, and also a locking Ring. The Pins are adjustable and the Device has a Very Low Voltage loss.

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
That's strange,,,, my Shenxi Hellfire is Modular. Comes apart into 5 Sections.
Not sure on the MCV Models. Red Phoenix is sweet looking.
I liked the Hellfire as it is a full-Copper and coated in black powder-coat. Think the newer Hellfire are now better coated with PVD Process.
Yes it is modular as are all the Panzers I have seen, except for the CCI tank mod. I think its more of a hassle to have a mod that comes apart into 5 sections, espsecially when only intending to use 18650 batteries. Sometimes I might be trying to unscrew the switch and I'll accidentally unscrew some other section. Athough it does hit hard, I think it could be slightly more conductive if a seamless solid copper tube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread