new member: introduction and a few mod ?s

Status
Not open for further replies.

illmannered_1

Jan 6, 2010
washington
Hello all. I'm Tony, up until last friday I was a 1 1/2-2 pack a day Camel smoker. My wife and i were at the mall and I was getting irritated and ready to go outside for a smoke. We walked by the smoking everywhere (or whatever it's called) kiosk, and not being in the mood for a slick salesman's attempt at getting me to walk out with an expensive gimmick, I tried to swiftly walk past it without a glance in it's general direction, but my wife walked over to it, intrigued by the group of people apparently smoking indoors. Long story short we were not about to spend that much money on it, but it planted the seed.I had heard mention of e-cigs, but never given them any thought. A few days later, my google-fu had me perusing this forum, which helped me decide on a Joye 510 from cignot. We have not touched, nor had the desire for an analog since the day we got our 2 piece kit in the mail on 1/8/10. I built myself a nifty usb passthrough using a cut-in-half fat black marker, an a/v cable connector and a tactile switch stolen from an electronic device my wife will hopefully never remember existed. It's pretty nifty and kinda evokes the feeling of using an electric hookah. I had the pleasure of meeting, in person, a member of this forum who was kind and generous enough to pass along a nice array of different flavor juices to keep me going until my order arrived. He brought along some of his toys, including a Bartleby, and a Prodigy. Now being the kind of guy that's always on the lookout for a new reason to bust out the old soldering Iron. I'm within days of the fabrication of a few Nicosticks, which brings me to the reason I've started this thread. I have a few questions assuming I didn't lose everybody during the course of my life story, so here goes:

I want to make my own Bartleby type device, from what I understand, I need to put the guts of a usb charger in my battery box.

1. Is that the correct/only way to be able to charge my battery using a built in mini usb connector?

2. If so, would the usb charger that comes with a disposable 510 work for this?

3. Is there a detailed tutorial anywhere on making a Bartleby style mod, specifically the usb portion? (I have a full understanding of the Nicostick version)

I realize that these can be purchased, but I intend to make my own. If I can't get any good info on the usb aspect, I will just go ahead with the Nicostick mod, but I would really like to include the usb, so any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread