Someone called the cops because of my obnoxious clouds

Status
Not open for further replies.
:vapor: So I thought I'd share this....

Everyday on my lunch break (really a breakfast break since my shift starts at 5am and break around 10am) I enjoy a nice bowl of oatmeal and an apple. After eating I like to go out to my truck to have a vape while checking emails, FB, IG, forums, ect.
I had a particularly proper build running today and was giving the chevy a nice fogging. windows were up because it was a little chilly and after about 5-10 minutes I honestly couldnt see the steering wheel while sitting in the driver seat :laugh:

I hopped out and went back to work for about an hour or so. While I was taking my morning inventory I felt a tap on my shoulder and heard a stern voice anounce my full name... a police officer to my suprise!
"Do you mind if I have a talk with you outside sir?" he asked.
"Not a problem officer," I replied a bit worried as I thought perhaps someone had hit my car in the parking lot or maybe someone I knew had gotten hurt or in trouble... Not the case however.
"Is that your truck sir?" he questioned, pointing to my truck with what looked to be a cumulonimbus still lingering on the the interior.
"Yes it is"
"You got anything in there?"
Puzzled I replied "Anything as in...?"
He raised his eyebrow and gave me a stern look. "Anything I should know about?"
I understood. "Oh you mean, like...?"
He stopped me. "well sir we had gotten a phone call earlier from a woman saying that someone might have been sitting in there smoking ....."
:laugh: I loled as I handed him my work setup. (an IPV3 and the Hobo v2.1)
"Its a personal vaporizer sir." I stated still laughing quite uncontrollably.
"And what kind is this? What do you put in here?" still implying that it was drug related and possibly a '.... vaporizer'
"Its a box mod, Its for nicotine." I pulled my juice from my pocket and held it up for him to see.
He was so confused. Baffled really. Just then a second officer walked up looking even more stern.
"you know we have a k9 here. You're sure you dont have anything you;re not supposed to? you weren't smoking any .....?"
"Not at all sir. Like I have just explained and showed you, it's a vaporizer. I use it for nicotine. Haven't smoked a cigarette in a year..."
"Oh like a vape pen!?" exclaimed the second officer.
"Yes like a vape pen..." :facepalm:
They apologized for the mistake and walked away.
And Im just standing there, in 2015, wondering why they know what a ..... vaporizer is but not an actual PV? :|

Has anyone had any similar experiences with law enforcement and vaping?

Last edited by a moderator:

ElevenEleven

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2015
About a month ago, I was in a theatre parking lot waiting for my gf to arrive. I had my mech and dark horse with me and was vaping while I waited. I left my car window cracked while I sat there to let the vapor seep out. Five minutes later, a K9 unit circled my car three times. They never approached me though, considering that there would be a good chance they would smell something "funny" if I was smoking something illegal.

Come to think of it, maybe they just liked the smell of bananas.

Dioxyde

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2011
Oregon
obiii.jpg

What struck me the most about your story is that someone actually called the Cops on you, over a ...suspicion.. talk about merciless, makes me glad I don't toke the stuff myself, but regardless, you'd think this was the dark ages.

View attachment 423860

What struck me the most about your story is that someone actually called the Cops on you, over a *Edited by ECF Moderator* suspicion.. talk about merciless, makes me glad I don't toke the stuff myself, but regardless, you'd think this was the dark ages.

right? why cant people mind their own business. Everybody is a vigilante.

A vaporizer is the correct term for the other; If you had said electronic cigarette, it wouldn't have been an issue...

well that is a good point but i do think that if he actually knew about either of the two that it wouldnt have been an issue being that they look nothing the same. especially since i was using a box mod. but maybe they only study terminology and dont get visual references

Oberon75

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2014
Roseville, Mi, USA
A vaporizer is the correct term for the other; If you had said electronic cigarette, it wouldn't have been an issue...
I refuse to call my APV an electronic cigarette, regardless of who is asking. Unless of course a nicotine patch is to be called an adhesive cigarette.

Sent from my HTC One M8 Harman/Kardon edition

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
well that is a good point but i do think that if he actually knew about either of the two that it wouldnt have been an issue being that they look nothing the same. especially since i was using a box mod. but maybe they only study terminology and dont get visual references

Every time I go through PRG or AMS when flying I say I have electronic cigarette gear. If I said I have vaporizers, I'd get the extra treatments. Electronic cigarette is just easier...

Podunk Steam

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2014
United States
  • Deleted by Unforeseen
  • Reason: Drug Reference

KGB7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
Rockville, MD
My friend is a cop and she vapes. Her TOs partner vapes Blue ecigs and many cops in my county are aware of what e-cigs and mods are. At the end of day cops still have to check, to make sure you are not smoking the peace pipe, since there a lot of people still enjoy good old ....

freeall

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
Canada
About 2 years ago I was stopped by a cop (unrelated to anything vaping, or anything bad for that matter)

He walks up to the car, notices my Provari on the passenger seat right away, then asks me if that was a pipe I have there lol. I grabbed it and started explaining what it was and how it worked. I was still using vivi novas at that time, so the vapor wasn't a stupid amount or anything. So anyways, I take a few pulls, then show him the bottle of juice, how the tank works, the battery, etc. At this point, he's intrigued and interested in it. I asked him if he wanted to try it, but of course he had to play the role of a typical cop. He said no, but I guarantee he wanted to try it.

I told him to check out this website, too lol. I wouldn't doubt if he did some research on ecigs after that day. The guy was a younger dude, was all cool with me after our little chat.

You'd think in today's age though, with the popularityof vaping at an all time high, more people, specifically cops, would know what these things are. Bizarre stuff.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
My friend is a cop and she vapes. Her TOs partner vapes Blue ecigs and many cops in my county are aware of what e-cigs and mods are. At the end of day cops still have to check, to make sure you are not smoking the peace pipe, since there a lot of people still enjoy good old .....

Yes, but NOT IN PUBLIC! Unless you live in Colorado, of course. :D

Time and place for everything... but unfortunately, some have never made the acquaintance of this fundamental. I guess that's why cops have to be so paranoid -- the 10% are always at large.

Andria

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon

Just what I was thinking. Don't get all flustered that someone doesn't know what a "flibberty-jib" is, when you could just as easily have called it a cup. If you say "electronic cigarette," people will know what you mean, even if you may not be fond of the term yourself.

Unforeseen

Admin<br> Commercial/Suppliers Asst. Manager </br>
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2011
Where you least expect it....
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread