Spicing up Walmart VG

Status
Not open for further replies.

McVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2009
Seminole FL
So I have this walmart VG that I have been using in my DIY. However it tastes a bit funny. I have had 50/50 mixes before from vendors, but this VG has a frothy 'airy' taste which I guess is the whole 'more vapor' thing. It also can make my throat a bit dry. And, as expected, it soaks up almost ALL flavor from my mix. It is just SOO cheap, accessable and bulk for $4 unlike PG. If PG was this easy/cheap to get I would get that instead.

What could I do to spice up the VG, make it taste better and make it vape better? If I add distilled water, it vapes worst. As well as alcohol for thinning.

Beaverkt

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
NC USA
So I have this walmart VG that I have been using in my DIY. However it tastes a bit funny. I have had 50/50 mixes before from vendors, but this VG has a frothy 'airy' taste which I guess is the whole 'more vapor' thing. It also can make my throat a bit dry. And, as expected, it soaks up almost ALL flavor from my mix. It is just SOO cheap, accessable and bulk for $4 unlike PG. If PG was this easy/cheap to get I would get that instead.

What could I do to spice up the VG, make it taste better and make it vape better? If I add distilled water, it vapes worst. As well as alcohol for thinning.
Sorry no real great tips for ya. But I thought you should know, If you have a tractor supply or similar store near you then they generally have PG for somewhere between 15-25$ a gallon.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
i usually prefer paying a few dollars more for proven product, i think its 9 bucks a qt for pg/vg from TFA and just a touch higher from wizlabs. is the walmart even USP? all you should taste is a bit of sweetness. if its not for food sources it may have other chemicals in it. really how fast are you going to use up a qt of base?

dont know if the sale is still valid but 2 gal shipped 45 bucks.......

http://www.essentialdepot.com/servlet/the-107/Glycerin-Vegetable-KOSHER-USP/Detail

Last edited:

McVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2009
Seminole FL
The Walmart VG is USP safe and made by HUMCO. It does have a sweet taste but it just tastes frothy with everything I make. And sometimes good flavors go bad when I mix it with too high of a VG. It just essentially 'kills' the flavor. Perhaps I'm just ranting because this JUST happened to me right now. haha.

I'm considering the PG bulk from the TS store, however it is very far from where I am. East Bradenton. I'm not against buying PG online, I just dont want more than 1/4 - 1/2 gal. :p its sooo much haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread