100% Vg - frothy taste?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skoot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
Colorado
I mixed up a couple first batches using Essential Depot VG and a bottle of 36mg juice I bought (no idea of pg/vg ration). The result tastes OK but the "consistency" is really frothy. Feels very thick and heavy, and makes my lungs feel heavy. Frothy is the only word that comes to mind. How do I combat this?

I'm trying to come close to Heather's Heavenly Vapes stuff, everything is amazing, sumptious and 100% vg. I've had samples of her cookie dough, caramel, coffee, those kinds of flavors.

Would 5% distilled work help? I'm trying to nail this "consistency" before flavor.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
I don't know about HHV's juices, but for my VG DIYs, %water + %flavor = 22%, give or take a bit. For unflavored vaping, its 20% distilled water. For me 5% water would be ok if the flavor was 17%, but I never go that high. My flavors are max 10%, most are 5-7%.

Thick VG juices are good for dripping, but in a carto or any tank, they need to be thinned to wick well. Unthinned is a very heavy vape.

skoot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
Colorado
Yup, that's what I'm finding. Pretty sure HHV uses some distilled. Here is what I made:

6.7ml 36mg/ml base (unknown PG/VG ratio)
2.8ml VG
12 drops flavor

Let's assume the base is 50/50, that would be 6.2ml VG out of 10ml, so 62% VG. So 38% was NOT VG or flavor, which would still be a higher ratio than your 22%, correct?

So if by your ratio with 6% flavor, I'd be using this:

6.7ml 36mg/ml base (unknown PG/VG ratio)
1.1ml VG
1.6ml distilled
12 drops flavor

That's a massive drop in VG. I think that's the trick. I'll try tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread