Vamo Versus ZMAX V2 Pick Your Favorite

Status
Not open for further replies.

GLBrocks

May 16, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
Owning both devices, I tend to like them both in my personal opinion.

The Vamo Positives: It is very versatile to be honest, I can use a single 18350, double 18350, or single 18650 in the MOD. It vapes well and delivers a good vape all in all. It is pretty basic in its design which is ok for me since it is only around $50-$55. Price is another good aspect speaking of how much you pay. Also it checks ohms without having to fire the button. It also seems to check battery life well and has VV and VW settings. The connections at the top of the device are solid and it is slightly raised 510 connection which means you still can get airflow. Lastly, the threads are well machined and they are super easy to tighten and loosen.

The Vamo Negatives: The batteries tend to rattle around quite a bit and can lose the connection when rattled too much. The button is to wobbly on the fire button and it spins which could mean shotty quality. Figuring out how to put it in RMS mode was a pain in the ..... It almost seems too simple which is a positive and negative. It is way too long for an 18650 mod in my opinion. With a tank and 18650, this thing is really really long. It is not really portable in longer battery mode.

The ZMAX V2 Positive: Great solid built device. No battery rattle whatsoever. Not a flush mount 510 connection so there is airflow. VV and VW mode are very nice. Does check battery and ohm rating. Easily change to RMS mode and it actually has RMS mode. Can change what you want displayed when firing the button. Stylish design in my opinion.

The ZMAX V2 Negatives: MENU SYSTEM TOO COMPLICATED!!! The screen is also lacking (SmokTech Version). The grooves on the side are slightly sharp. Too many options. Cannot use different battery configurations out of the box without and extension cap. No short version of standard ZMAX unless you purchase a Mini. Threads are not as smooth as the Vamo when tightening the device, they seem to catch and hesitate. Cannot check ohms without firing the device and also firing only if you have the display set in A mode to check ohms. There are a lot of negatives.

Final thoughts on the Vamo versus the SmokTech ZMAX V2, please let me know in this post which you prefer and which one seems better to use as well as easier to carry, etc etc....

Thanks again, I love both devices, but I want to hear everyones opinion on these two.

Texasman2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
Corinth, TX
i have not used the ZMAX but i own a VAMO and when i go to work i run the VAMO in 18350 mode. it fits in my shirt pocket perfectly. i am also using a 3.5mL DCT tank. when i run the VAMO in the dual 18350 i don't have any battery rattle. all the fire buttons spin. take the bottom cap off the VAMO and stretch the spring a bit and that rattle that you hear will go away. and also are you using a flat top 18350 or a button top?

buffaloguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2012
Buffalo NY
I have two vamos and neither have rattled with either 18650, or 18350 batts. This was however a common problem in the very early version. The newer vamos have the gold color spring. No issues.

I was one of the first to get a smoktech vmax and absolutely loved it... till it died after six months. I was going to drop the cash on a zmax but at the price of a vamo (now near $35.00) versus a zmax at $80... for the same exact chipset?

Nah, ill take the ss vamo all day. I can buy two for the price of one zmax. Its a no brainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread