zmax, vamo, cvi v2, or lava tube ? Or mech

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Looking to upgrade from ego bats. Sure is some hard choices to make out there. Right now my options are zmax, vamo, cvi v2, or lava tube. Listed by order of price. This is gonna be my all day device, for work also, so need durability. I like the zmax but its the most expensive and looks kinda small and slick, I want a nice grip and button position, I like the lava tube too being the cheapest but don't want buyers remorse in a few months if it breaks, i really like the cvi v2 looks, button, and screen style. the vamo does look really big, but i hear good things 'mostly. I plan on using agat2 or protank most likely maybe t3 every once in a while and like having that option. I only want the 18650 really but might find I have to go 18350 if it doesn't work well on the job. May keep it in my tool pouch occasionally, mostly leave it in the truck though.

What do ya'll have and how do you like it. What are thoughts about these pvs, I'm close to going with cvi v2
I think. I wondering about the rattle snake sound? I'm thinking you don't hear it so much while your dragging on it but not sure.

My max budget on device is 65.00 and yes found a siegelie zmax vv/vw for that. And it sure
Does look bad a*s in all its slick stainless glory.

mechanicals look like great option but not sure if that's what I need right now. going to be doing silica wicks as far as I can see.

GRH8095

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2012
California
I went with the ...
Sigelei Telescoping ZMax V3 Flat-Top
- GREAT Mod
- Stainless Steel, Brushed Finish, Flat-Top Design ...
- Variable Voltage / Variable Wattage
- 18350 Mode = SEXY!
- No confusion, No mistaking this ZMax for another variable voltage mod.

Checkout ...
- "Thread: Sigelei zmax v3 telescopic flat top?"
- "Thread: Sigelei Zmax V3 Telescopic (flat top or other) reports: one week later"
- all the goods, all the not so good, and more

vap0rator

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
San Clemente, CA USA
Got my stainless Vamo! Love it. It's heavy. Great functions and easy to setup and use. There is plenty if reviews on YouTube so you can get a pretty good idea.
image.jpg

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
I'm really liking the button on the cvi, looks like metal it's sleek and somewhat recessed. This not only looks nice but seems more 'on the job site' friendly. Plastic sticking out buttons can be a problem sometimes so take out the zmax, right now looking for direct comparison between the cvi v2 and vamo? Any problems with pulse width modulation from these? Still have the cheap lava tube in mind, but button looks chinsy.
Thanks

dejo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2010
Tyler, Texas
I have a vamo in stainless and a Sig zmax flat top, both are similar in performance. I think the fit and finish of the zmax dwarfs the vamo, but value will go to the vamo. The zmax is about .5 inch shorter when in the same battery config. also note that the vamo doesnt have ego threading, so if using t3 or evod clearo's, that will add another roughly .5 inch.

Red_Bird

Moved On
Apr 11, 2013
Montgomery County, NY
Looking to upgrade from ego bats. Sure is some hard choices to make out there. Right now my options are zmax, vamo, cvi v2, or lava tube. Listed by order of price. This is gonna be my all day device, for work also, so need durability. I like the zmax but its the most expensive and looks kinda small and slick, I want a nice grip and button position, I like the lava tube too being the cheapest but don't want buyers remorse in a few months if it breaks, i really like the cvi v2 looks, button, and screen style. the vamo does look really big, but i hear good things 'mostly. I plan on using agat2 or protank most likely maybe t3 every once in a while and like having that option. I only want the 18650 really but might find I have to go 18350 if it doesn't work well on the job. May keep it in my tool pouch occasionally, mostly leave it in the truck though.

What do ya'll have and how do you like it. What are thoughts about these pvs, I'm close to going with cvi v2
I think. I wondering about the rattle snake sound? I'm thinking you don't hear it so much while your dragging on it but not sure.

My max budget on device is 65.00 and yes found a siegelie zmax vv/vw for that. And it sure
Does look bad a*s in all its slick stainless glory.

mechanicals look like great option but not sure if that's what I need right now. going to be doing silica wicks as far as I can see.

I have all the devices you mentioned.

The Vamo is the best device on the planet, dollar for dollar. Its only drawback is its pretty large.

The Segelei zmax has a one button display, it takes a bit longer to get to your battery life indicator screen, ohms resistance screen, etc.

The feel of the Zmax in hand is better, its a bit smaller and better balanced weight wise.

Both perform nearly the same. I jwrapped my vamo, it felt a bit slimy in hand. The zmax does not need a jwrap, its not slidy/slimy

your call

delivery002.jpg

L to R: zmax V2, VMAX v4, CCTS, Lavatube 2.0, jwrapped VAMO, Itaste MVP

Have 3 more mods not in this pic

Last edited:

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Thanks for all the info peeps.

Today I'm looking at mechanical mods, seem really durable and I'm torn. My vape style is I make all my own coils currently on a t3. 2ohm on riva 650 its best at 4.2 till it drops down. i never use a stock wick and coil, and will be doing an rba. Primarily silica wick. Only reason I lean toward vv is to maintain voltage but if I go low res, like 1.5 (maybe lower?) it may restric me, and voltage drop not matter with 18650 for 10 hours an average work day for me.

I'm concerned the cvi2 may break the screen because this will be dropped.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Thanks for that pic! I Really like the ccts mod or kts at dv,
I make any coil I need so my concern is the safety of a mech mod compared to a vv, I have never had a problem on rivas with my coils. I have a multi meter, so wondering if I even need a vamo. I'm well versed in the forum and just never had anything other than this riva 650. I'm thinking a 3400 mah and ill hardly notice a drop in voltage in a day. I would prefer a mech I think if it won't blow up on me? Like if button is stuck on or coil shorts, with imr battery?

How great is vv:vw if your doing rbas like aga's or bt804 or maybe a protank.

I think lavatube v1 is out w/ 2.5 amp limit, cvi is out, so I'm down to kts (gg) mod 42$, vamo 49.00, sig vmax 72.00.

Any one else want to help steer me to the right one?
Durability, portability, range of use, longevity, and safety.

Last edited:

Ace7111

Nov 12, 2012
Colorado
vacation 014.jpg Here are all my Mods. L to R Mini Lava Tube, x6,The Knight,EGO vv, Ego Twist, V8 box , Sigelei Zmax, Anyvape CVI, Vamo, Evic, Smok Zmax. I also rebuild alot of my coils with cotton or silica wicks. I use a few vivi's mt3', and a few RBA's like the Drunked, Phoenix, and a few others. I don't own any mec. MODs yet. The ones I use the most for my RBA's are my Zmaxs and my newest one the Knight which is just a vv but it cost a lot less than my Zmaxs and it uses stacked 18350 900mah batteries. I have only had it a little over a week now but I really love how it is preforming. It is a pretty simple MOD up and down on volts 5 click on off and that is it. No ohm check or battery check but I have been taking it to work and using it a bit when I get home and the battery life seams good. Any way that is what I have and use I hope it helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread