Vape is shooting me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unicalokii

Jul 24, 2015
I recently bought a new eGo one mega and I am desperately trying to fix it now. The store clerks put a brand new coil in it. After a week I bought a new coil since the last one was turning black on the inside.
The new one is giving me a hard time. Once I press the button BANG (not crack, nor pop) a pea-sized ball pops out of my tank. Once that happens, the flavor becomes intolerable- burnt. Please help me! I've already gone through 3 new coils and the same thing happens.

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
Hmmm interesting. Do you only have the one replacement coil? The one that tastes burnt is probably fried now and you will likely need to replace it again.

When you replace the coil, you should prime the wick. A few drops directly on the wick around the coil, fill the tank and let it sit for a few minutes to let the juice soak in. Then take a few "dry puffs" where you pretend to take a draw but use no power at all. Then if you device is variable voltage or variable wattage, drop to a lower voltage or wattage setting and gradually work your way back up to your usual vaping setting.

Unicalokii

Jul 24, 2015
Hmmm interesting. Do you only have the one replacement coil? The one that tastes burnt is probably fried now and you will likely need to replace it again.

When you replace the coil, you should prime the wick. A few drops directly on the wick around the coil, fill the tank and let it sit for a few minutes to let the juice soak in. Then take a few "dry puffs" where you pretend to take a draw but use no power at all. Then if you device is variable voltage or variable wattage, drop to a lower voltage or wattage setting and gradually work your way back up to your usual vaping setting.
I'll replace it again, doing that this time. I only dropped the juice inside the new coil and let it soak but I suppose it's not doing much. I unfortunately don't have a voltage setting on my pen. I figured too much power is forcing the atomizer to work too hard at its low capacity. But I may be wrong since I have no idea how to work a vape.

Unicalokii

Jul 24, 2015
Might be over loading with juice directly on the coil. Just a small drop or two should do it. Also allowing the liquid to soak in will coat the wick much better and provide a much smoother vape.
I appreciate this good man, you're the only one that has given me useful reasons and advise. I'll give it a go, if I experience any more problems I'll make a new post lol.

Regal Beagle

Apr 4, 2015
Plano, TX
When you say "pen" what do you mean? Are you using the entire eGo One Mega kit, or just the tank on some other device? Is a pea-sized ball really popping out of the drip tip? Low power is likely not your issue. Try and let us know what exactly is your setup.

Don't get frustrated. There is probably a very simple solution to whatever problem your having.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Welcome to the board. You're hearing good advice so far. Looking at it, and assuming you're using the eGo One Mega battery, it doesn't appear to be adjustable. I wonder if you've maybe changed from the 1 ohm to the .5 ohm coil? I'm not certain what it means, and whoever wrote Joye's website only had a distant relationship with English, but the website says: "Caution: customers using the .5 ohm coil must choose a suitable battery." Really, you'd think if they sold an all-in-one kit, it would work with the coils they sell, too. But maybe not. Tell us more.

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
I READ THE INSTRUCTION MANUAL in hopes that I could assist you. My vaping preferences are irrelevant. Drop us a line from the burn unit. BYE.

My apologies, i wasnt intending to be rude. I just was expressing my opinion that no matter what an instruction manual says, the wick of any atomizer should be primed. Again i apologize. Im not here to condescend or be ignorant towards anyone and it was not my intent.

SomeTexan

Moved On
Jun 1, 2015
I READ THE INSTRUCTION MANUAL in hopes that I could assist you. My vaping preferences are irrelevant. Drop us a line from the burn unit. BYE.
And if you fail to prime the wick and burn it up, who makes money? Priming the wick is a good idea, not a bad one. Just because the owners manual doesn't say it doesn't mean it's a bad idea.

Unicalokii

Jul 24, 2015
When you say "pen" what do you mean? Are you using the entire eGo One Mega kit, or just the tank on some other device? Is a pea-sized ball really popping out of the drip tip? Low power is likely not your issue. Try and let us know what exactly is your setup.

Don't get frustrated. There is probably a very simple solution to whatever problem your having.
Not sure if I'm going to give you the right information... It's a Joytech eGo Mega One pen kit. The drip tip is shooting out a painful ball of smoke.

Unicalokii

Jul 24, 2015
Welcome to the board. You're hearing good advice so far. Looking at it, and assuming you're using the eGo One Mega battery, it doesn't appear to be adjustable. I wonder if you've maybe changed from the 1 ohm to the .5 ohm coil? I'm not certain what it means, and whoever wrote Joye's website only had a distant relationship with English, but the website says: "Caution: customers using the .5 ohm coil must choose a suitable battery." Really, you'd think if they sold an all-in-one kit, it would work with the coils they sell, too. But maybe not. Tell us more.
Surprisingly, guys, I switched from a .5 ohm to a one ohm (the first coil worked) the second 1 ohm started giving me issues and then so one and so forth. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread