16clear leaking like mad..... appears rubber drip doesn't fit properly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jingo

Moved On
Aug 19, 2013
hi all,
i'm really unhappy with the iclear16... my lips are burning, due to the sheer amount of eliquid that is getting into the mouthpiece...
i filled it properly, didn't get any in the centre hole.
blew it out....
didn't over fill it.

then it was gurgling like crazy.... - which went away after about 10 hits...
but now it just crackles and pops... and i either get a really good hit; with loads of vapour or a completley dry one (no vapour / burns chest and makes me cough)

but the main issue is it keeps leaking into the mouthpiece, and not just a little.
i tipped it upside down at one point because a load of it ended up in my mouth... and about 3-4 drops just fell out of the mouthpiece...
i'm using 100% vg so its not like the liquid is too runny....

what i have noticed is the drip tip/mouthpiece... doesn't fit onto the centre hole properly....
when screwed on fully; its off centre... by quite a bit... - i've found that if i unscrew the 'tip' a little bit i can manouver the inner part to fit squarley onto the part with the centre hole.... but then its loose; and wobbles around... - which can lead to juice getting in the mouthpiece once again....

what on earth am i supposed to do.... - i've got two of these things. and they both don't match; where the mouthpiece sits ontop of the centre hole / device the wicks lead into..

at least on the second iclear16 (that i haven't tried yet) when unscrewed slightly it does actually fit properly and not 'waggle' around.

^so have i got 'duff' devices??

its driving me mad... and i feel kindo've sick from so much nicotine on my lips.... ugh, not a fan of these clearomizers..

I think the problem may be the metal band that is press fit on the plastic. I have a few of these and one of mine was off on the bottom forcing the entire middle airway and head about 10 degrees off of vertical, it couldn't meet up with drip tip. I took just the tank part and pressed very firmly down on it on my counter until the metal band moved into place (this did take a lot of pressure). I hope this helps you resolve your issue.

jingo

Moved On
Aug 19, 2013
which part is the metal band??

is it the part on the drip tip where it screws in?
i've also noticed that there is a tiny rubber band on the drip tip that i suppose is meant to be a seal???
but it moves around, i.e i could roll it off the end with ease.

i'm pretty sure the issue is with the airway being off like you had..
what part did you press down on the counter?

cheers Kelevra :)

(i'm no longer in panic mode as i just set up my protank2 and am no longer freaking out about whether or not to go to the shop and buy ciggarettes... - as the pro tank; just worked out of the box; no leaks/gurgling... - big fan of the protank2)

just need to figure out what the heck is up with these iclear16's....

Take the bottom off and make sure the atomizer is tight on the base. If it is not it will act like a straw and force juice into the tube and out of the mouth piece..

Geeve

Edit: the part circled.....

The press fit metal bands directly above and below the amber tank. The bottom metal band on mine was not fit correctly from manufacturer it was off kilter by about .5mm on one side, causing a 10 degree lilt through the air shaft when it was all the way screwed in. Just how the (tank only, no drip tip or air shaft) is standing now, I pressed down with considerable force until the metal band moved into place. Check your top metal band to see if it is slightly off causing your drip tip to also show an angle when its screwed in.

I hope you can figure out the problem whatever it may be. I'm just glad your protank 2 is working, just recieved mine earlier this week and have been loving it so far.

Truncheon

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
this happens with the iclear 16 unfortunately. otherwise it's a nice clearo. most all of my iclears have become unseated in this way, so i figured out a fairly simple fix.

i take mine, fully assembled, and tighten it up with a vice. i open the vice so the full length of the iclear fits inside the jaws. i SLOWLY tighten the vice to force the plastic tank back into the press-fit ring, being careful to not over tighten.

i remove the iclear, hold it up to a light source to check if the center tube/head assembly is lining up with the drip tip. if not, i put it back into the vice and repeat, maybe slightly angling the iclear in the vice so the part of the ring/tank thats not quite properly aligned will have the pressure of the vice against it, and slowly and carefully tighten the vice again.

repeat until the full center assembly is in alignment with the drip tip.

it should stay seated for some time after this, but continued use will work it loose again, at least thats been my experience.

once it decides it doesn't want to stay seated any longer, i pitch it and move on. they are not that expensive considering the use you get from them.

i've seen where others will just place the iclear flat on a counter top and will gently bang it with a rubber mallet, but that to me seems to be rather uncontrolled and i would be worried i'd smash the tank like that.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
I think the problem may be the metal band that is press fit on the plastic. I have a few of these and one of mine was off on the bottom forcing the entire middle airway and head about 10 degrees off of vertical, it couldn't meet up with drip tip. I took just the tank part and pressed very firmly down on it on my counter until the metal band moved into place (this did take a lot of pressure). I hope this helps you resolve your issue.

I just had this happen with my iclears. Had the iclear16s for nearly 4 months now, and this is the first time that piece came askew. Easy enough to fix.

Also, the iclears are warm vapes, and create condensation that builds up. Just needs to be tipped into a napkin or tissue occasionally when they begin to gurgle to release the condensation. Still my favorite juice delivery device.

RubyRoo

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Colorado Springs, CO
This is all really good info. I have 2 iClear 16s and I do like them. Now I know what to do if mine starts doing this. I've too noticed that if I'm chain vaping at night, and I'm turning it to juice up the wicks, the next draw will be pretty gurgly and leaky. Just have to keep some paper towels handy for those condensation drips (however, I usually just use my shirt!) I just got some Mini ProTanks so I'm not constantly tipping and turning and fiddling with the juice and wicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread