510 Mega Battery vs Ego/ 510 vs Ego??

Status
Not open for further replies.

magz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2010
Reno, NV
I've seen on here that people are getting a whole days use out of the Joye 510 Mega battery, but also that a lot of people switch from the Joye 510 to the Ego because of the battery life issue.

Other than battery life, what's the difference between the 510 and the Ego? They use the same atty's right? Except the Ego's in a cone?

I'm so confused! I currently have a Joye 510, and the battery life is becoming a problem. I'm considering getting a whole new model, but there's things about the 510 I really like, so I'm not going to retire it. I was thinking I'd either buy an ego battery for my 510, or a 510 Mega battery, and also buy another model (maybe a penstyle, or maybe a hybrid like the Vapre 51), OR I'd just start by buying just a Ego Kit.

I do like my 510, but it often seems hit and miss. Sometimes it's great, I get great vapor, lots of flavor and a good throat hit, but it doesn't take long before the vapor production drops off, the throat hit is nonexistent and the flavor starts lacking. I'm sure this is due to the battery, but sometimes it'll be like with a fully charged battery as well.

I ordered some new atty's and hopefully this will help, but I would like to try something different. Like many other vaper's out there, I have found a new hobby and am in search of the holy grail of pv's, but it's hard when I don't understand the hardware, so any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

Tracey081

Jun 26, 2010
Virginia
Good thread!

I don't know -- I've just got the 510, too. But I just got a mega-battery because they sent me the wrong colored attys (black), and I wanted a batt to match, and opted for a mega-batt. I'm excited to try it!

3 wks, my 510's performed well and evenly overall, but I *do* have the battery dying issue a LOT. More than once, I went to swap batteries and the charging battery wasn't charged yet.

tiempo

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
WISCONSIN
I would definitely go with an ego. Puresmoker has the kits for $49.95 and Tasty Vapor has a NON Joye kit for $49.00. I am fairly sure they are both rated around 650 mah. When I got my ego, I just bought the batteries and the charger, was not interested in the cone. I just purchased a Hello16 with no cone as it is rated at 1300 mah, so I am assuming that it will probably last me all day with no hassle. (Egos are @650 mah)

H16 Express Starter Kit [H16EXP] - $34.99 : Digitalciggz :: Changing the way you smoke one volt at a time!

Product Details and the charger to go with it
Product Details

I guess it depends on whether or not you are interested in the cone. The cone for the Hello16 has an atomizer built in, but I have heard they are PITA and dont work too well.

Either way you go, you will definitely be set as far as battery life (ESPECIALLY compared to the stock 510)

Good Luck!

matda2

Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
DFW-Texas
OK im a little confused here too. I have a 510, but isn't the battery the 510? I mean I have a mega battery but that just screws onto the cartomisers so is really just another 510. I have 2 small 510's and a mega 510. Am I missing something here?
The cartomizer or atomizer is the 510 I believe.

Sent from my MB200 using Tapatalk

Laddsy

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2010
Sydney, Australia
The cartomizer or atomizer is the 510 I believe.

Sent from my MB200 using Tapatalk

Really??? So the 5 packs of cartomisers I have are the 510? I thought it was the battery part with the switch. So every time I order cartomizers I am ordering 510's? What is the EGO then? I mean if you use 510 cartomizers with that also. Really confused lol

magz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2010
Reno, NV
I would definitely go with an ego. Puresmoker has the kits for $49.95 and Tasty Vapor has a NON Joye kit for $49.00. I am fairly sure they are both rated around 650 mah. When I got my ego, I just bought the batteries and the charger, was not interested in the cone. I just purchased a Hello16 with no cone as it is rated at 1300 mah, so I am assuming that it will probably last me all day with no hassle. (Egos are @650 mah)

H16 Express Starter Kit [H16EXP] - $34.99 : Digitalciggz :: Changing the way you smoke one volt at a time!

Product Details and the charger to go with it
Product Details

I guess it depends on whether or not you are interested in the cone. The cone for the Hello16 has an atomizer built in, but I have heard they are PITA and dont work too well.

Either way you go, you will definitely be set as far as battery life (ESPECIALLY compared to the stock 510)

Good Luck!

Cool, thanks! Couple questions though...
What does PITA mean?
What is the point of the cone? Do you have to use it, or can you just use a regular 510 atty?
Does that H16 cone with built in atty come with the H16 kit?
This whole cone thing has me so confused! lol

tiempo

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
WISCONSIN
The Ego is a 510 compatible battery. A regular 510 battery is 180 mah. Depending on usage it will last betwee 1-3 hours without a charge. An Ego battery is @650 mah, it should last about 4-8 hours without a charge, again depending on usage. The Hello16 is @1300 mah, so, technically you should get twice as much usage time than the Ego battery.

Cartomizers will work on any of these batteries, as long as they are 510 cartomizers. You can also use the KR808 cartos if you have an adapter. (also the Riva, Tornado, etc.)

All 510 parts will work on stock 510, Ego and Hello16 batteries.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I've seen on here that people are getting a whole days use out of the Joye 510 Mega battery, but also that a lot of people switch from the Joye 510 to the Ego because of the battery life issue.
It depends on how much you use it, so you'll get different opinions.

Other than battery life, what's the difference between the 510 and the Ego? They use the same atty's right? Except the Ego's in a cone?
A more powerful battery will give better vapor and last longer.
So it should be expected to get better vapor with an Ego battery.

It's all about the mAh of the battery.

I do like my 510, but it often seems hit and miss. Sometimes it's great, I get great vapor, lots of flavor and a good throat hit, but it doesn't take long before the vapor production drops off, the throat hit is nonexistent and the flavor starts lacking. I'm sure this is due to the battery, but sometimes it'll be like with a fully charged battery as well.
Sounds like wicking issues to me, not a battery issue...

Dry atomizers, flooded atomizers, and wicking
Basically, you want to keep your atomizer happy with plenty of juice, but not too much as to flood it.

A good sign that it's flooded is that it gets a little harder to draw on and you get little or no vapor.
Flooding it, however, won't hurt it at all, and you can just blow out the extra juice.

Letting it get too dry, on the other hand, is not good for the atomizer supposedly.
But regardless of whether it is bad for the atomizer or not, you still don't want to do it.

You can tell it is too dry when it starts to taste like crap.
A nasty sort of burnt plastic type of taste.

One reason it might get too dry is if you burn through the juice faster than it can wick up more.
That is why people experiment with different kinds of filler materials to use in their cartridges.

If you take only a drag or two every now and then, you should be fine.
But if you use these like a cigarette, the wicking process will have trouble keeping up.
There are ways to deal with this, and people have different methods that work better for them.

And of course, when the cartridge is running low on juice, it needs topping off for this reason.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
OK im a little confused here too. I have a 510, but isn't the battery the 510? I mean I have a mega battery but that just screws onto the cartomisers so is really just another 510. I have 2 small 510's and a mega 510. Am I missing something here?
The basic models are 510, 901, 801, 401, KR808D-1, 302, RN4081, etc.
There are many, many basic models.

And really, the model just means which atomizer/cartomizer are you using.

But it gets even more complicated than that.
Because there are different kinds of 510 atomizers now, for instance.

So really, it is simply a question of which kind of threading does you device use.
My device is threaded for 510 atomizers and cartomizers.

Hope that helps, and didn't essplode your head.
But at least now you understand why you may feel so confused.

tiempo

ECF Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
WISCONSIN
What does PITA mean? Pain in the a...

What is the point of the cone? It is supposed to warm the vapor draw

Do you have to use it, or can you just use a regular 510 atty? No. I dont. Some do, its a personal preference.

Does that H16 cone with built in atty come with the H16 kit? Not with either of the two that I have posted. The first link comes with a regular 510 atty, and if you already own some regular 510 atties, you can use those also. I prefer using a LR510 (low resistence atomizer), as it brings the whole set up closer to a 5v. Dont worry about that right now... you are looking for better battery performance first!

gb_ibmguy

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2010
NW NJ

Yes, the eGo style battery's will fit your 510 Attys and give much longer life than the 510 mega battery's. You can just order the batterys from anyplace, I bought mine from Cignot. The cone is optional (I like it it, but, others don't). It also sounds like you are using cartridges which can be a hassle until you do a modification on them.Cartridge Mods - E-Cigarette Forum You might want to check out using catomizers. They will fit an eGo type device. They replace your Atty and cartridge.

magz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2010
Reno, NV
Well, I went ahead and placed my order for my new Ego with Puresmokers, yea! I can't wait to get my kit. I have a feeling I'm going to wish I just would have went with the ego to begin with (especially since I was sitting there debating between the two of them for a long minute before ordering my 510), but I'd just read more about the 510 at the time and couldn't figure out the difference. I had to order SOMETHING quick, because I'd started vaping with a Red Dragon that crapped out and got sent back, and at that point I'd fallen in love with vaping and had no pv! and it was back to analogs till I got something. Yuck! Anyway, can't wait to get my kit, and I'm so excited to try out the LR atty!

Man, there's so much to learn about all this, and not enough time in the day to learn it, lol. Seriously, somebody should really teach an class, lol. I want to learn everything and try it all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread