**510 throat burn - any advice?**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
I'm trying my 1st E-cigarette as soon as it arrives. I'm excited about possibly being able to quit smoking. However, this one costs $100.00!! Any cheaper ones out there? This one is a 'trial offer'.

Yeah... it sounds like maybe you bit on the SmokingEverywhere offer. My wife did the same thing and frankly she was unimpressed with the unit. She now has a 901, which I got her for about 1/3 the price of her SE kit.

I personally got the $35 starter kit from Cignot and am thrilled with it. I often catch the wife reaching for my spare 510 when she wants a bit of a stronger hit...

vapn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
UK
I had the same problem until I STOPPED using those darn carts. I direct drip only now and very happy with it. I drop two drops directly on the atomizer and take puff until I get the slightest bit of that taste. Then drip two more. I noticed myself doing this to top off the cart anyway so I just did away with the cart. Very happy since doing that. Plus you will get the hang of knowing when it is time to add more liquid in a few weeks. Just don't keep any cigs in the house. You DON"T NEED THEM ANYMORE> vaping is your main source of nic now. Just keep telling yourself that.
Take my word for it, those carts are the weak link and direct dripping is the way to go. Watch this video and take note of why you do it.
After I watched this I stopped using and messing with carts all together. And I stopped getting that burnt throat hit also.!!>>
Dripping Technique.....

cameron

Sep 22, 2009
Get some smoke juice from Vermont Vapor - its amazing, tons of vapor and since its vg it has less of a throat hit. Also, about the burnt smell, it could be your cartridge running low on juice, or it could be the contact between the filler and the atomizer. What i did was to cut off about 1/8th inch of the cotton part off of a cotton swab, and put it down below the filler to boost it up. It makes great contact with the atomizer, and theres absolutely no burnt taste or smell, and there's even more vapor. :) good luck

siap

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2009
KY, USA
Finally: Sounds like the cart filler is dry, but it's not, right?? I've had the same problem. I thought my atty was burned up. Just as an experiment, I ditched the filler and went straight to dripping directly on the atty. Problem solved. I can't explain it. The filler was soaked and looked completely fine. But, when I took it out, the taste was gone. A couple drops on the atty and I'm good for almost as long as it would last before I topped off the filler anyway. I figure it's some sort of noob mistake that I'm making with the carts, but dripping is MUCH easier for me. I know I asked the same question in the forums and got really frustrated with the "your cart is dry" response because it wasn't! It was soaked! But, getting rid of that did the trick. Just pull the filler out, drip on the atty and stick the EMPTY cart back on there and see how that does.

Vapinator

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2009
Rowlett, TX
i just got a 510 after a 901 and 801...and i got the same burning hits. after 3 days i still get them every once in a while, but not as often. my one big problem i have with it is that once put in a new cart, i get about 3-5 good hits off of it, and then it stops producing vapor and gives me those really hot hits. its really frustrating and ive wasted so much juice trying to figure this out! so any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!! Im tired of dripping and thats the only way im able to smoke my 510 now!

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
If you don't want the fuss of constantly cleaning your atty, or dripping on the atty, or topping off the cart, you might want to look into the VaporKing from Vapor4Life. For consistant taste, consistant throat hit and ease of use, you can't top it. The manual batteries really put out the vapor, but the autos are very good also! Screw on the cartomizer and puff - that is about it. And the carts can be refilled up to 10 times. This is my 3rd and last ecig - I am in love! Vapor4Life - e-cigarette-forum.com • The place for electronic cigarette reviews, news and chat Steve at V4L is awesome and always throws in goodies to make us smile!

Good luck with whatever you purchase, anything that gets us off the cigs is a good thing!

Fr0st8it3

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2009
Portland OR
i just got a 510 after a 901 and 801...and i got the same burning hits. after 3 days i still get them every once in a while, but not as often. my one big problem i have with it is that once put in a new cart, i get about 3-5 good hits off of it, and then it stops producing vapor and gives me those really hot hits. its really frustrating and ive wasted so much juice trying to figure this out! so any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!! Im tired of dripping and thats the only way im able to smoke my 510 now!

Have you tried modding the carts with tear bags so they hold the liquid longer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread