60 days...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnurledNut

Moved On
Aug 15, 2013
Marineland
I posted this at work. Thought ya'll would enjoy it too.

Day 60 of no tobacco. For many years I tried, without success, many different quit smoking items. Patches, gum, pills, lozenges, hypnosis, and cold turkey. Hell, I even let some Chinese dude stick needles behind my ears. Nothing worked.

I know there are quite a few detractors concerning the e-cigarette. But it's nothing more than a water vapor w/ nicotine. The same nicotine that's in the gum, lozenges, and patches is in my 'juice'. Just a different delivery method. Would you rather I smoke a cigarette next to you or vape some tasty Key Lime juice?

I realize that to a non-smoker 60 days is not a long time, but to a 37 year smoker it's like a lifetime. No more getting up in the morning and running out to the porch in my undies. No more ashtray smell. Please don't be offended when I walk up wanting you to sniff me. I'm proud that I don't smell any longer.

My blood pressure has dropped. I no longer wheeze when I sleep, or have hacking fits in the middle of the night. My sense of taste is tremendous. Although there are some foods that I thought I liked before that now remind me of cat .... Please don't ask how I know what cat ... tastes like.

I'm not so sure I like my renewed sense of smell. Don't get me wrong, the smell of fresh baked cookies is absolutely amazing. But as you know, I work in a hospital. Now I smell everything. I can be 50 feet away and smell toe cheese, flatus, staph, strep, and melena...all in the same breath. Luckily, because I don't smoke, I'm a better mouth breather. And I chew a lot more gum. A lot more. I should buy stock in Wrigley's.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
thumbsup.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread