Status
Not open for further replies.

laurieok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2009
Ohio
I received one of the 801 LR attys with my new green XSXhaler and all I can say is WOW!!! It brought my V3 that I had put away in a drawer back to life! I love it. I have been using it for 2 days now, so can't tell how long it will last, but then, who knows about any atty! It is definitely worth trying! Drew...ya gotta get these up for sale and let everyone try them! They are awesome! :)

cos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2009
St Petersburg Florida
I received one of the 801 LR attys with my new green XSXhaler and all I can say is WOW!!! It brought my V3 that I had put away in a drawer back to life! I love it. I have been using it for 2 days now, so can't tell how long it will last, but then, who knows about any atty! It is definitely worth trying! Drew...ya gotta get these up for sale and let everyone try them! They are awesome! :)

thanks for posting. so are they that better than the 510 LR attys. what i dont like about the 801 atty is that its a long way to hit the wick when dipping isnt it. never dipped with the 801 but used a cartridge and got that burning taste. so that was it for me. but tell me Laurieok how do you do it?

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Laurie,

Same here - brought the V3 back to life for the 801 - thanks Drew for including it.... I was using a 510 with adapter in it but I like the capacity of the 801 cart - I don't drip with the 801 for that reason. I've blown out a few LR 510's now but the 801 LR runs a bit cooler it seems - no burning on the top of the cart so far. I like it and will be ordering more. Highly suggest the straw mod so the cart can keep up with the atty here.

The LR 510's are bomb but the eat carts I have Vs on both sides of a few before I went to the drip tips. I'd like to see a 1.7, 1.8, and 1.9 ohm attys for the 510 to see if the carts would hold up but still get the good vapor and a bit more longevity.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Hey Kent!
Thanks for the tip on using the straw mod with the 801. I have always used it with the 901 and the 510, but never tried it with the 801. That would help having to refill as much! I am on day 5 with the 801 LR and it is still going strong. :)

Hi Laurie,

Welcome! I should say that I use the straw mod - with the Johnson&Johnson safety swap shaft - a bit bigger than the coffee stirrers and with a blue foam plug rather than the full filler to the bottom of the cart. The plug is about 1/8 to 1/4" deep and I cut it oversized on the width and length so it acts as a 'spring' against the walls of the cart so it isn't pushed down/or drops down, to the bottom. The bridge will determine the actual depth. You can use polyfil that was as well but the texture of the foam tends to keep any metal mesh barbs on the bridge from grabbing it like it will the finer polyfil hairs. Just ordered a few more of the 801LR's. Going to revives some Janty Stick V2's now - likely including yours ;-) but it and my very first one still are the best performing JS's even with the regular ohmed 801's. ...except I'm using a BE112 on my original now.

But this LR 801 is a significant addition to those who have Janty/Joye Sticks. Word should get around on that. Esp. for those that have them in drawers and have gone to a mod or tornado for more vapor.

PriestSLC

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2010
Spanish Fork, UT
I just put them up on the site...Thanks

I just got 2 of them!!!

THANK YOU!

I am now a total fan of your LR atty's, I got the other brand's ones... after comparing the 2, I gave the other brand to my GF and kept the nHaler LR 510's for myself :D

If these are half as good as the 510's you sell I am going to be in heaven!

Valhalla1

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2009
USA
bitvapes.com
cool to see these available. I don't use 801 myself (but I do use the LR 510s) but its nice to see some old gear being brought out and given new life with these LR attys

any plans for a LR 901 ? I have a 901 lasermod I like to dust off and use once in a while but 3.7v 901 doesn't quite cut it for me anymore, spoiled by 5v and now LR 510s

PriestSLC

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2010
Spanish Fork, UT
Most LR atty's need a 450 mAh battery to maintain a consistent power release, I believe that the stick is a 350 mAh battery, it should work, but you will notice shorter battery life.

It may be significantly lower battery life... pick up another spare battery or 2, look for protected battery replacements also, AW makes some awesome batteries, they are double protected. that just may be your ticket right there.

PriestSLC

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2010
Spanish Fork, UT
Ok I just got them, put a fresh battery in my Provape and blew so much vapor that I could not see my window, the throat hit, which is the thing these attys really seem to be missing is back!!!

It kicked me in the throat like a freight train.

I have found my atty!!!

Thank you Drew!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread