• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

A chance for your input!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanadiankat

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2010
Alberta, Canada
www.electrovapors.com
Thanks Switched! I had a read through some of the letters on that site - and wow - what an overall statement. My dad, whose not computer savvy, smoked for 55 years. He started back in the days when it was cool and popular for young teen guys to have a cigarette dangling from their mouths. He transitioned to a PV in a matter of hours and has never gone back. I think I'm going to sit with him tomorrow and have him type his experience out on that forum. I don't know if it they will appreciate Canadians adding their 2 cents - but it's not a "national" question - it's a human one.

One quote from the lead up on the forum made me wonder what people with brains are doing with their brains....

“There really are a lot of unknowns with respect to health,” said Prue Talbot, a toxicologist at the University California, Riverside. “I don’t know of any studies in the literature which are peer-reviewed. Almost all of the studies have been paid for by the e-cigarette companies.“E-cigarettes are often sold as safe, which is probably not true,” Talbot added. “They may not be as dangerous as real cigarettes, but on the other hand, they could be. We just don’t know.”

... they know. The studies are done, published and available. No ecig company sponsored Dr. Carl Phillips study via the University of Alberta. Other similar studies were also not sponsored by ecig companies.

The other concerns raised all scream "unregulated" - but if the FDA refuses to set regulation standards - they won't exist. If they don't exist - no one will follow them.

It's a crazy circle.

Thanks for the info though.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Thanks Switched! I had a read through some of the letters on that site - and wow - what an overall statement. My dad, whose not computer savvy, smoked for 55 years. He started back in the days when it was cool and popular for young teen guys to have a cigarette dangling from their mouths. He transitioned to a PV in a matter of hours and has never gone back. I think I'm going to sit with him tomorrow and have him type his experience out on that forum. I don't know if it they will appreciate Canadians adding their 2 cents - but it's not a "national" question - it's a human one.

One quote from the lead up on the forum made me wonder what people with brains are doing with their brains....

“There really are a lot of unknowns with respect to health,” said Prue Talbot, a toxicologist at the University California, Riverside. “I don’t know of any studies in the literature which are peer-reviewed. Almost all of the studies have been paid for by the e-cigarette companies.“E-cigarettes are often sold as safe, which is probably not true,” Talbot added. “They may not be as dangerous as real cigarettes, but on the other hand, they could be. We just don’t know.”

... they know. The studies are done, published and available. No ecig company sponsored Dr. Carl Phillips study via the University of Alberta. Other similar studies were also not sponsored by ecig companies.

The other concerns raised all scream "unregulated" - but if the FDA refuses to set regulation standards - they won't exist. If they don't exist - no one will follow them.

It's a crazy circle.

Thanks for the info though.

When God invented brains, they thought he said trains and they ordered 2 locomotives.

I am not sure what good this will do if any to be honest as you know my beliefs concerning this whole mess. The Q is are they upfront and serious? I doubt it. That is the problem. I have been busy of late but I will offer a reply when things are a little quieter, like during morning coffee and a vape :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread