A found, a question , and a concern

Status
Not open for further replies.

bikerboy

May 7, 2012
USA
Hi all
First of all, allow me to say that I am happily vaping for the past 8 days without 1 analog cig .
Finally found my perfect vaping device mix , ego one mega battery and a delta 2 tank , my question is that the delta 2 warms up after few drags , is that normal ?
My concern is I am vaping like crazy at times, I used to smoke inside and now I am vaping inside as well, smoked 1.5 packs of 100s marlboros light .
I try to mix 3/4 18mg nic and 1/4 no nic
Is it normal to run thro 10 mg bottle in less than a day ? Considering that I use the delta 2 which obviously uses a lot of juice as it is cloudy puffing, and that I am not hurting my self more than analogs ?
Thanks

bussdriver

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
Yeah, it's normal for the tank/atty to warm as it's used. Several watts of heat are being dissipated down inside so warmth is normal.

Congratulations on making it smoke free! To cut down on juice use (not that it's bad) you may wish to use a higher nic juice to start with if you decide to cut it down, or just don't cut it down. When first beginning vaping and giving up the cigarettes it is normal to feel the anxiety that quitting smoking causes. There's a number of substances in cig smoke that simply aren't found in vapor, and your body is hooked on these. Anytime you stop the cigs, even for vaping, some anxiety is going to be normal. Is 10 ml a day safe? As far as we know, it is definitely safer than the cigs. Stick with it and you will soon find that your vaping habits become more normal and more similar to your cig habit. Good luck!

EverPresentNoob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2015
DC Metro area
Only 10ml a day? I wish. I use a TFV4 tank and go through 25-30 ml a day. thankfully I diy my juice or I coudnt afford this tank!

Congrats of getting off the stinkies. Im wondering why you are cutting your 18mg nic with 0 nic? is it to mix the flavors or is the 18mg just to strong for you? Not trying to judge by any means, just curious. If you feel that using 10ml of juice in a day is to much, then you can always vape a higher mg nic juice (ie, maybe not cut your 18mg so much) so that you get the nic hit you need quicker.

I have a number of drippers and tanks and I mix my own juice. Normally I vape around the 2-4mg level, but sometimes if Im having a rather bad day I will bump it up to get a stronger nic hit from it. I have one dripper set up for this, and I normally use 10mg in it. couple tokes on that normally knocks my socks off and resets my headspace and timing so that I can get back to a normal life.

Reactions: Hans Wermhat

Spencer87

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jakarta- Indonesia
the higher the watts, the higher the millileters you are likely to vape.

as a rough estimate:
5 watts - 5 ml
10 watts - 10 ml
20 watts - 20 ml

etc

This is actually quite off. If that were the case, Id be going through 60-75 Ml per day.
But no I dont. I go through maybe 15 ml a day.
Actually closer to probably 10.

But in a tank, I probably wouldnt go through that much. Im running dual Claptons.
Id say this is more about the amount you vape.
Chain Vaping. But as I said, I go through about 10 ML a day as well.
If its keeping you off the cigs. If you are worried about the amount of juice you are vaping in terms of financially, You could DIY or get a higher MG of Nic, so you dont feel you need it as much... and thereby dont sit there vaping all day. But on my few days I vaped a lot too, until the novelty wore off. Its cool. Vaping rocks man...and tastes delicious.

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
Remember to vaping has a slower absorption rate compared to a cig, takes longer to get the fix, lol.

I wish I knew where the article was but cigs do not contain an exact amount of nic. One could have 4mg in the whole thing, the next on could be 18. That's why if you think about it when you smoked, sometimes one after another and then sometimes half way you wanted to put one out.

It's not uncommon to feel like you're vaping more than smoking. I vaped like crazy when I first started but I also smoked and used dip. I went through a lot of liquid, some times I still do, lol - it just tastes sooo good.

jdrewry

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2011
New Jersey
To the OP:
congrats on the switch to vaping. Most tanks warm up after usage, especially if you're chain vaping. And I wouldn't worry too much about how much juice you're going through right now; your usage might be all over the place this early in vaping, as your body is kicking out a lot of bad stuff you took in when you were smoking (you might also be fighting off cravings, as well). Find the right nic level for yourself, and you should be fine.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
Remember to vaping has a slower absorption rate compared to a cig, takes longer to get the fix, lol.

I wish I knew where the article was but cigs do not contain an exact amount of nic. One could have 4mg in the whole thing, the next on could be 18. That's why if you think about it when you smoked, sometimes one after another and then sometimes half way you wanted to put one out.

It's not uncommon to feel like you're vaping more than smoking. I vaped like crazy when I first started but I also smoked and used dip. I went through a lot of liquid, some times I still do, lol - it just tastes sooo good.
1 cigarette = 1 mg of absorbed nicotine.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
Hi all
First of all, allow me to say that I am happily vaping for the past 8 days without 1 analog cig .
Finally found my perfect vaping device mix , ego one mega battery and a delta 2 tank , my question is that the delta 2 warms up after few drags , is that normal ?
My concern is I am vaping like crazy at times, I used to smoke inside and now I am vaping inside as well, smoked 1.5 packs of 100s marlboros light .
I try to mix 3/4 18mg nic and 1/4 no nic
Is it normal to run thro 10 mg bottle in less than a day ? Considering that I use the delta 2 which obviously uses a lot of juice as it is cloudy puffing, and that I am not hurting my self more than analogs ?
Thanks
You are getting more nicotine than you were getting from smoking (I suppose your bottle is 10 ml, not 10 mg).

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
1 cigarette = 1 mg of absorbed nicotine.

That's not right, 1 cigarette can have more than that in it. Cigarettes do not have a uniform amount of nicotine. Nicotine occurs naturally in tobacco and is also added to increase addictiveness.

Also there is no way to say how much a person can or will absord from a cigarette due to the amount actually smoked and/or how it is smoked.

A person that lung hits a cigarette will absorb more than a person who goes mouth to lung. Cigarettes are designed for maximum absorption in the lung, cigars and pipes are for mouth absorption. It all has to do with acidity of the tobacco.

Dry tobacco absorbs better aerosolized in the lung. Moist tobacco absorbs better through mucous membranes.

If I can find the write up I'll post it, let me get to digging.

Reactions: Coldrake

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
That's not right, 1 cigarette can have more than that in it. Cigarettes do not have a uniform amount of nicotine. Nicotine occurs naturally in tobacco and is also added to increase addictiveness.

Also there is no way to say how much a person can or will absord from a cigarette due to the amount actually smoked and/or how it is smoked.

A person that lung hits a cigarette will absorb more than a person who goes mouth to lung. Cigarettes are designed for maximum absorption in the lung, cigars and pipes are for mouth absorption. It all has to do with acidity of the tobacco.

Dry tobacco absorbs better aerosolized in the lung. Moist tobacco absorbs better through mucous membranes.

If I can find the write up I'll post it, let me get to digging.
All of it does not matter. It is some average amount absorbed. We do not need precise numbers up to hundredths. I saw this (1 mg from one cigarette) in different papers on vaping/smoking. So, I believe, it is widely accepted value.

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
The problem is it is outdated, they have found that the content is now higher but I agree it doesn't have to be precise. Truth is it really doesn't matter I guess, since the bigger concern with cigs is the quantity smoked and not really the nic per smoke.

I do remember that a smoker gets a craving below 30 ng per ml. Vaping is supposed to work as it gets the body used to lower amounts easier.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
The problem is it is outdated, they have found that the content is now higher but I agree it doesn't have to be precise. Truth is it really doesn't matter I guess, since the bigger concern with cigs is the quantity smoked and not really the nic per smoke.

I do remember that a smoker gets a craving below 30 ng per ml. Vaping is supposed to work as it gets the body used to lower amounts easier.
For some it works other way - it allowing them to get more nicotine than from smoking.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
Cigarette smoke analysis is my job and depending on the cigarette and smoking behaviour (puff volume and intervalls) the ammount of nic off one cig varies from 0,1 (ultra lights, gentle puffs) up to 3.
You cant really pinpoint a number on it.
We can. Average amount for an average smoker.

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
the higher the watts, the higher the millileters you are likely to vape.

as a rough estimate:
5 watts - 5 ml
10 watts - 10 ml
20 watts - 20 ml

etc

I vape somewhere in the range of 15-20 watts and go through roughly 3-5ml of 16-18 mg/ml a day.

I need some kind of feeling of a beginning and an end. I vape when I want a nic fix. I stop vaping when I get it. If I was to chain vape these liquids on my setups, I'd get nic sic within minutes.

Otherwise I consider vaping almost like eating candy. I'm not constantly stuffing my face just because it tastes nice. So, I use nic at a level where I get the vaping equivalent of "mommy, my tummy huurts" if I overdo it.

Reactions: edyle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread