A hello, & ramblings for newbs from a newb. ('Tis verbose, apologies.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianishiwa

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Greetings everyone. First off, may I say that this forum is amazing. There is a seemingly limitless supply of useful information here, & I look forward to participating and contributing fruitfully.

I was a half pack-a-day smoker for 20+ years, & I'm happy to say that it has been 2 weeks and 3 days since my last, as you all so eloquently put it, "analog". This is quite literally the 2nd longest I've gone without a real cigarette, the first being my one & only stint in the joint. But I digress...

I was skeptical at first, & thus started with a *gasp* njoy nPro I saw at a Chevron gas station. A friend of mine uses a few PV's, the Joye 510, eGo, & his personal favorite the 901, and my own common sense dictated that an e-cig from a gas station was definitely junk compared to the beatiful PV's he used. But hey, I was there to buy a pack of smokes & thought that a $20 'investment' wouldn't be the worse thing if an e-cig didn't work for me. I bought the 2N1 starter pack and my pack of analogs.

Day one passes, & holy $#!tballs. No cravings. Day two, same. Unbelievable. Day three comes, & my nJoy cart starts tasting like a burned stamp, so off I trot to Chevron to purchase an overpriced 5-pack of refills. It was because of this that I decide to Google a more economical option, & found this amazing forum.

Long story short (I know, a bit too late :laugh:) I have found what works for me. I purchased some decent 4081's (3.7ohm) from VaporsEtc.com & had no idea the disparity between these and the plasticky, burned-taste of the nJoy stock carts. I'm using a variety of juices, mostly also from VaporsEtc (70/30 PG/VG, 1.8mg to 2.4mg) and the quality/quantity of vapor/throat hit/taste is lightyears better. I also purchased a Joye eGo, but have come to find that I mostly use the eGo battery with an adapter & my 4081's. It's just something about the 4081's, I can't quite put my finger on it, that I love. I have clouds of vapor, so much so that I have to crack a window while driving or it becomes a hazard. The throat hit is decently noticeable & warm, almost like an analog. The taste, I find, works best with tobacco-family juices (Vanilla Tobacco, Captain Jack, Cherry Jack, RY4, Menthol Full, etc.) as the 4081's seem to impart a "smokiness" to me. I prefer to smoke the non-tobacco juices (Vanilla Caramel, Blueberry, Chocolate, etc.) with my eGo stock, both carts or the tanks, as the taste is more 'pure'; I'm too new to know if this is a characteristic of each cart's technology & design, but that's what I taste. Either way, I'm thankful for this forum & finally feel I can kick my analog habit for good.

For all my fellow newbs, I recommend you search this forum & absorb as much priceless information & feedback as you can, then bunker down & try something. Everyone's tastes differ, so what works for most may not work for you, but use your best judgment and start with something because you'll never know unless you try it yourself. For me, I came to find that while I bought a sub-par brand initially, it opened the door to help me find what works, because if it weren't for that nJoy, I would have probably never tried a 4081 cart.

Happy vaping everyone.

TL;DR - Skeptically tried a cheap e-cig to see what the hype was about, pleasantly surprised, found this forum, found a solution. Analog pack of cigarettes are still in drawer unopened. Hooray.

P.S. - 4081's rock. Thanks for reading.

-brianishiwa
NJOY NPRO stock auto battery | eGo-T 900mAh stainless | A whole lotta 3.7ohm 4081's

nofferman

Verified Member
Sep 21, 2011
Milwaukee WI USA
Congratulations!!!

If i could offer a suggestion - think up a creative way to say goodbye to those last analogs (Weber grill funeral pyre, a burial at sea, etc) and be free of them entirely. I had 2/3 of a pack left once I got going on vaping; a few days later I took one last good whiff, then broke them all and scattered the leaf in the yard. Same goes for lighters; I picked one lighter to keep around for pyromaniacal needs and pitched the rest of them. It makes going back a little bit harder and more expensive, and picking up the PV a little bit easier.

Then again, my willpower was best described by Morphine: "I propose a toast to my self control, You see it crawling helpless on the floor" ;)

Welcome and congrats again!

brianishiwa

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
nofferman Thanks for the congrats! Great ideas by the way, thanks for that as well. I may do something similarly symbolic, but for the time being, there's something gratifying about knowing that despite having analogs within arms reach, I have no desire for them. I went fishing on Saturday & a fellow angler smoked analogs all day. Maybe it's because I'm getting my sense of smell back a little, but they sure smelled unpleasant. I was not inclined to even ask him for a "hit". Pretty cool. I may just compost them in my wife's yard or something.

36tinybells, SirMikeyLikesIt, Fathomrock, Boodle, morgan69 Thanks for the kind words, you are all too kind, seriously! And I'm glad you like chapter 1, I proofread prior to posting & thought it was a long, boring read. =)

I have a feeling this is going to be an extremely fun endeavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread