Not open for further replies.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Again amazing info guys.

The reason i want the 100mg is purely less drop per bottle. I don't just mix for me but about 8 others with the nic. There for the way my mind works correct if wrong please it will help me if 100mg = less drops to a 10ml juice = longer supplie of nic no ?

Buying 100 mg is the cheapest way to go. Wear goggles and be completely focused when mixing- no music, conversation, etc. Notes help HUGELY. Store in glass bottles in the freezer (double zip locked) with as little air in the bottle as possible. I found PG based is easiest to work with. VG too thick esp if taken out of freezer...when taking out of freezer allow to warm to room temp and shake well. In the freezer should last at least 2 and maybe 3 yrs. I've got some from 2 yrs ago and it's still good.

gingersnaps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
everywhere
I've only ever used 100mg and always have gotten it from myfreedomsmokes I've never had any problems with it feeling like it was a different mg than labled like I've seen people talk about from other shops. Just be very carefull with it and wear gloves. A single drop is a whole 5 mg. after my first time dropping a drop on my leg and getting a big buzz i also keep a wet rag to ASAP whipe drips. I got the buzz even after rushing to change my pants and wash my leg.

I don't mean to terrify you but make sure you know 100mg is dangerous. If you have kids and pets keep it locked up with a real lock and make sure none are running around you that can knock it over.even if I didn't have kids and pets if probably keep it locked up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

How do you know if it is bad? That is one piece of info I have not ran across yet.

Buying 100 mg is the cheapest way to go. Wear goggles and be completely focused when mixing- no music, conversation, etc. Notes help HUGELY. Store in glass bottles in the freezer (double zip locked) with as little air in the bottle as possible. I found PG based is easiest to work with. VG too thick esp if taken out of freezer...when taking out of freezer allow to warm to room temp and shake well. In the freezer should last at least 2 and maybe 3 yrs. I've got some from 2 yrs ago and it's still good.

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
How do you know if it is bad? That is one piece of info I have not ran across yet.

It will smell skunky. Not sure about the taste however, since I don't think anyone has tried it once it's turned. ;) Nic base doesn't go bad per se for the most part. If you continually cross contaminate the base with water it can happen, though rare as far as I know. Flavored juices with a water addition or unstable flavoring can sometimes go "off" after a certain amount of time. We've had several members fall off the wagon for a year or so and then return, only to have to toss their collection of juices from the top shelf of the closet.

Don't confuse this however with oxidation. Nic base that has oxidized will turn dark or an orange color, smell a bit like lemon scented bug killer, and have somewhat of a tobacco taste. It doesn't just suddenly lose it's potency, but a small, gradual drop in percentage over time does happen. Some of us actually enjoy the taste of oxidized nic base and age it on purpose.

Shadowpanda

Oct 18, 2013
columbus ga
Guy's out standing info as always. Trust and believe i understand the dangers of high mg nic and safety to be used. Worked with high end pesticides and lawn care chemicals a guy i worked with got sick for 3 weeks cause he didn't where a mask mixing a batch. Normally i would have said he was lazy and didn't wanna work till i saw him my self. never had issue my self someone tells me to do it this way i dont ask questions on why when comes to chemicals. Specially since my skin is sensitive to even cleaning chemicails.

JulesXsmokr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2013
Hurricane Alley, FL. USA
Someone else posted Essential Depot for vg and pg - I bought some last week at 54 dollars for a gallon of each (2gals. total) shipped and with my state tax added in.
got to my door in 2 day by the ups (Moe, Larry, and Curley style) Nice and clear.. and into storage..
Same day I got 1 liter of 100mg. for 74 dollars shipped to my door... there are good buys out there if you look..

Spazzer

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2013
Upstate NY
I second Essential Depot for VG and PG - USP, Kosher, Food Grade at good price and fast shipping.

For nic I just got a liter of 100mg from Heartland. Clear, essentially odorless and tasteless and very well packed. Their 100mg liter is only $74.99 and free shipping at $75. Can't beat it! Their VG and PG is at a good price too. If I hadn't already got it from Essential Depot I would have got it here for one stop shopping!

I like to dilute the 100mg down to 60mg or 48mg for mixing. That way I'm not working with something quite so dangerous on a day to day basis.

Last edited:

DKP#

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2012
Missouri, USA
For nic I just got a liter of 100mg from Heartland. Clear, essentially odorless and tasteless and very well packed. Their 100mg liter is only $74.99 and free shipping at $75. Can't beat it! Their VG and PG is at a good price too. If I hadn't already got it from Essential Depot I would have got it here for one stop shopping!

WOW! thank you.

found this review:
My recent order of liquid nicotine from Heartland Vapes (one liter of 100mg/ml nic in a 50/50 PG/VG base) arrived in the mail yesterday. The large box contained a white plastic 1-liter jug with its cap taped inside a sealed clear plastic bag, which was surrounded by styrofoam peanuts. (All the nic I’ve ordered from major suppliers has been well-packed.) Included in the box were the print-outs of the two certificates----MSDS and COA.

Today I compared the HeartlandVapes liquid nic to the WizardLabs Regular liquid nic, also at 100mg/ml in 50/50 PG/VG, which is the nic I’ve been using for the past year. (I also have a liter of 100mg/ml RTS nic in VG and 500ml of MyFreedomSmokes 100mg/ml nic in PG---both purchased within the past three months---but those two bottles are unopened and in the freezer, and I wasn’t about to open and thaw them just for an ad hoc test).

Both Heartland and Wizard are nearly clear and almost transparent liquids. Each appears to have a very slight translucency. Neither liquid has any obvious color, but if hard-pressed, I’d say that the Wizard nic leans toward the yellow end of the spectrum, while the Heartland leans toward the orange-brown. For all intents and purposes, though, I’d call them both clear. My WizardLabs nic has remained almost clear for a year now. Time will tell about the HeartlandVapes nic, but it's clear now.

Nose of the two liquids is very similar. Again, neither has an obvious scent, but I pick up a trace of what I might call “earthiness” from both (like the fresh smell of good dirt), with the Heartland nic earthiness being a tad more present. I’m comfortable calling them both essentially odorless.

I mixed two small samples containing 1ml (20 drops) of unflavored PG to which I added 6 drops of each respective nic, for a concentration of 24mg/ml. I comparison-vaped these by dripping into identical 2.2 ohm Joyetech SR510 atties---both cleaned and dry-burned---powered by two VAMOs set to 7.5 watts RMS.

Neither nicotine imparted any easily identifiable flavor to the PG. I didn’t notice any pepper or sharpness from either. I don’t know yet how the Heartland nic will affect various flavor profiles in my DIY. I’ll discover that in the weeks ahead, since I’ll probably mix up two batch of each DIY juice I make for awhile, just to see if there’s a discernible difference.

Interestingly, throat-hit was a little more emphatic in the Heartland nic, though not enough to suggest that impact potency was measurably higher in the Heartland. If the throat-hit of Wizard Regular is given a benchmark of 100, then the Heartland nic I got would be about 104. Very close, with the Heartland having a tiny bit more intensity.

I’m quite pleased. WizardLabs Regular liquid nic has been my standby since WL went online. If the HeartlandVapes liquid nic proves over time to be as good as it seems in my informal comparison-test, that will be brilliant, given that the price for a full liter of 100/mg/ml ($75 shipped) is 40% cheaper than Wizard, which was the former reigning champ for least expensive high-quality nic, especially in less-than-industrial quantities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread