A newbie's quest...long post but good...

Status
Not open for further replies.

oarias

Sep 25, 2008
So I've been lurking over the last few days here in the forum, doing research on this whole e-cig thing.

I didn't even know this sort of product existed before last week, till I met a guy selling mail order e-cigarettes out of a kiosk at the local mall. (He was selling "smoke51" brand e-cigs.)

At first I thought it was a somewhat cheesy quit smoking gimmick.:confused:

Then in the demo video he was showing, I saw the piles of smoke (vapor really) coming out of someones mouth, and it sort of pulled me in. :shock:

I paid a bit more attention to the presentation and when It dawned on me that the device was not necessarily intended for people to quit smoking.

Once I realized that full strength nicoteen capsules were available, my mind immediately went to the trip to Asia I had planned for next spring. I have yet found a suitable replacement for my full-flavor Camels during extended flights to Asia. I have tried EVERYTHING else in previous trips: Nic Gum, Nic Patches, chewing tobacco... no matter what, I would leave the airplane after 17 hours with a HUGE headache and moderate chest-ache that I KNOW was caused by insufficient nicoteen in smoke format. (Both would clear up 1 minute after lighting a cigarette.):evil:

I determined this device would be perfect. When I enquired about the price however, it seemed exceptionally steep. He was asking like $175 for a starter kit and the cartridges I remember were more expensive than real cigarettes. (Even using his flawed math that each cart was equivalent to two packs of regualr cigs.) :nah:

So I started doing some research online... started reading this forum.:thumb:

I found out that the "smoke51" cig was made by a company called "Loong Totem". I found their website and ordered some stuff. (Coincidentally ended up being $175 as well, but I bought a BUNCH more stuff and that was including shipping from China).

So I thought I was done. Wrong!!

The next day, I get a notification from PayPal that the money was in the process of being refunded! Followed by a terse one line message from Loong Totem stating: "Money refunded. US orders use smoke51 website". :-x

After reading in the forum that smoke51 apparently does not have the best customer service in the world. I decided to give it a pass and I looked for an alternative.

After reading piles of posts on atomizers/batteries dying I then started getting scared of the alternatives. :(

I read a long thread on here with piles of good reviews about PURESMOKE.
I checked out the website, I thought it was very professional. I liked his videos where he demonstrated his product line. So I went ahead and put in an order for one of the pen types. (Looked like a safe bet.)

Soon after I ordered, I discovered "RatInDaHat's" product review videos.

I watched all of them in one night. Even the long ones. 8-o

He got into my head and somehow using some sort of dastardly Internet Video Mind control device convinced me that I needed a black DSE901 with both the orange and blue led batteries. :cry:

I ended up ordering them from e-SmokeyTreats (for no really good reason other than that was the last video of his I saw.)

So, here I sit a week after discovery of e-cigarettes spending MORE money than I had intended initially; awaiting packages from two different suppliers for devices that I may not even like!

If there is a lesson to be learned here, its this:

Don't be me! :D

Thanks for reading!

Kimmiegrif

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2008
Maryland USA
I started out looking for a unit for my mom in law who is a very heavy smoker and me... an occassional smoker. I loved to smoke but hated the grief my hubby, fam, and friends gave me). Welp, i went on quest to find the best unit for myself and my mom in law. I have now bought 5 units. I really am loving these gadgets. They all have pros and cons. There is great info on this site too. I have not smoked a burning cig or cigar in one month! thanks to vaping.

DeviLFisH

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2008
:oops: sadly my intake of nictoine is getting higher after taking e cig

usually I smoked low tar low nicotine real cig....

now back to marbloro red ....on real cig.

for my case I only used at home to e puff.

ya there is pro and cos on e cig .

problem now , I not the office type workers..where u can whole day at office .sometime I got events outside so is kinda frustrated if cart run low and battery is weak...when u need it most.

so I back to real cig during my work.
when come back to home enjoy my e cig.

but sometimes I do take one or two sticks at home shame on me :oops:

Brian S

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2008
Don't feel bad. I was $400 into this habit before I knew it. Started out cheaply enough. Two pen style starter kits from e-cig.com $39 or so each (Hadn't discovered this website yet LOL) My wife's worked good but mine didn't smoke at all. Spent another $65 ordering carts from e-cig. Got cheap and used the cheapest shipping. Turned out they ship it by boat. Package finally turned up today, two months later. That wasn't the best $10 I ever saved. Found this web site and bought a Njoy $100+. Good product but the carts are outragious. Bought two Janty Kissboxes. The manual switch is the BOM you have to try it. There goes another $200 or so. Got a refund on the Njoy. That brought the cost down some except that I used the money to buy extra batteries and atomizers for my Jantys. All this is not counting the $300 or so I have spent on different e-juices. So rest assured you are not alone wondering when you are going to save money LOL

Brian

gashin

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2008
Southern California USA
www.ecigmall.com
Don't you know? Rat In Da Hat is hypnotizing you into becoming an ecig addict!
So I've been lurking over the last few days here in the forum, doing research on this whole e-cig thing.

I didn't even know this sort of product existed before last week, till I met a guy selling mail order e-cigarettes out of a kiosk at the local mall. (He was selling "smoke51" brand e-cigs.)

At first I thought it was a somewhat cheesy quit smoking gimmick.:confused:

Then in the demo video he was showing, I saw the piles of smoke (vapor really) coming out of someones mouth, and it sort of pulled me in. :shock:

I paid a bit more attention to the presentation and when It dawned on me that the device was not necessarily intended for people to quit smoking.

Once I realized that full strength nicoteen capsules were available, my mind immediately went to the trip to Asia I had planned for next spring. I have yet found a suitable replacement for my full-flavor Camels during extended flights to Asia. I have tried EVERYTHING else in previous trips: Nic Gum, Nic Patches, chewing tobacco... no matter what, I would leave the airplane after 17 hours with a HUGE headache and moderate chest-ache that I KNOW was caused by insufficient nicoteen in smoke format. (Both would clear up 1 minute after lighting a cigarette.):evil:

I determined this device would be perfect. When I enquired about the price however, it seemed exceptionally steep. He was asking like $175 for a starter kit and the cartridges I remember were more expensive than real cigarettes. (Even using his flawed math that each cart was equivalent to two packs of regualr cigs.) :nah:

So I started doing some research online... started reading this forum.:thumb:

I found out that the "smoke51" cig was made by a company called "Loong Totem". I found their website and ordered some stuff. (Coincidentally ended up being $175 as well, but I bought a BUNCH more stuff and that was including shipping from China).

So I thought I was done. Wrong!!

The next day, I get a notification from PayPal that the money was in the process of being refunded! Followed by a terse one line message from Loong Totem stating: "Money refunded. US orders use smoke51 website". :-x

After reading in the forum that smoke51 apparently does not have the best customer service in the world. I decided to give it a pass and I looked for an alternative.

After reading piles of posts on atomizers/batteries dying I then started getting scared of the alternatives. :(

I read a long thread on here with piles of good reviews about PURESMOKE.
I checked out the website, I thought it was very professional. I liked his videos where he demonstrated his product line. So I went ahead and put in an order for one of the pen types. (Looked like a safe bet.)

Soon after I ordered, I discovered "RatInDaHat's" product review videos.

I watched all of them in one night. Even the long ones. 8-o

He got into my head and somehow using some sort of dastardly Internet Video Mind control device convinced me that I needed a black DSE901 with both the orange and blue led batteries. :cry:

I ended up ordering them from e-SmokeyTreats (for no really good reason other than that was the last video of his I saw.)

So, here I sit a week after discovery of e-cigarettes spending MORE money than I had intended initially; awaiting packages from two different suppliers for devices that I may not even like!

If there is a lesson to be learned here, its this:

Don't be me! :D

Thanks for reading!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread