A Step-by-Step Video Guide to using Cartomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
:thumbs: Excellent demonstration of sound techniques, very thoroughly and well-explained with nice video quality. Props to you.

I use cartotanks almost exclusively. I prefer the top fill techique over the condom method of filling. A tip to pass on that I use is to plug the air hole with part of a wooden toothpick. This keeps e-liquid from getting in and eliminates the need to blow out the carto when finished. After adding fluid from the top, I then shake it like a thermometer. This acts like a centrifuge, forcing the juice toward the bottom of the carto. "Drip & Flip". I add more e-liquid, and again flip it like a thermometer. I repeat this until the filler is completely saturated and will accept no more. It will have the appearance of an icy or slushy drink. I find this method to be faster than the condom method, and takes less time to completely saturate the carto than the condom method.

If using a cartotank, I use one of the tank accessory tools, like the Slap Yo Moma from Big Daddy Vapor. This makes insertion of the carto into the tank much easier, protects the end cap o-rings from damage from the sharp edge of the cartomizer, and makes filling the tank with juice much easier and faster. I find these tools indespensable.

Delrin SYM.jpg A PBusardo Review - Slap Yo Mama Multi-Purpose Adapter - Big Daddy Vapor - YouTube

When refilling a cartotank, I remove the drip tip, add the tank tool, and push the cartomizer out the tank using the tank tool. Again, the tool prevents juice getting into the air hole of the cartomizer as you add juice to the tank.

If I may, I would like your permission to add a link to your video to my own blog guide: Baditude's Cartotank Setup Guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread