About to give up on mechs

Status
Not open for further replies.

javyn

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2010
houston
Thanks a lot Ninja, that actually seems like it may be a project I could do...I may give it a shot this weekend. My friend at work just brought me a sheet of 220 grit Norton sandpaper, and we filed down my switch's contact point a bit. This thing is actually working as it should now, with not washers under the nut even. Time will tell if it continues to work right, but so far so good this morning! Perhaps there were edges around the contact point on the switch that were a little elevated above the middle. Now that I think about it, probably what's been wrong all along since I notice a black ring on my batts forming after a while using this switch, which leads me to believe contact was only being made around the diameter.

Chelonian: Unfortunately no calipers. I am not sure if the FT brass Paps is actually a 1:1 clone, but....I'm assuming it is since you can replace any part of it with authentic replacement parts from Vapourart. I have the authentic brass Paps spring in here right now, and an authentic GPin spring in my Heron clone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread