Action regarding FDA: No banter here, please

Status
Not open for further replies.

zero7starz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 10, 2009
    I say we find a complete list, of every chemical the FDA has against whats in our liquid, and find every product that has the same chemical in it, and shove it in their face. Scare everyone into not wanting to use ANYTHING... and just keep doing it until they can come clean.

I mean what about all those TRUTH commercials that they used to do against tobacco? (Lately they're big thing is above the influence but its the same thing) lets shed some light on what the FDA is trying to do.

frankie1

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 7, 2009
    Florida
    Here is a site where the government is actually ASKING for input into the FDA's implementation of its authority. Pay particular attention to Ira Huff's comment. This person addresses the e cig question. I will try to post the link. Then once there, you can view other people's comments from a link at the bottom right side of the page and you can post your comment. Maybe we all should express our opinion.

I thought the dissertation about the positioning of Phillip Morris (Marlboro) was spot on!

Here is the link (hopefully...)

fda dot gov front slash tobacco products front slash ucm171216 dot htm

UrbanCowboy

ECF Veteran
    Jul 29, 2009
    Edmonton AB
    Here is a site where the government is actually ASKING for input into the FDA's implementation of its authority. Pay particular attention to Ira Huff's comment. This person addresses the e cig question. I will try to post the link. Then once there, you can view other people's comments from a link at the bottom right side of the page and you can post your comment. Maybe we all should express our opinion.

I thought the dissertation about the positioning of Phillip Morris (Marlboro) was spot on!

Here is the link (hopefully...)

fda dot gov front slash tobacco products front slash ucm171216 dot htm

fda.gov./tabaccoproducts/ucm1771216.htm

if thats the url then it goes no where.

UrbanCowboy

ECF Veteran
    Jul 29, 2009
    Edmonton AB

CattMurry

Aug 2, 2009
    I'm not sure we should post there.....
    The E-cig is NOT A TOBACCO PRUDUCT and in no way, shape or form should it be part of the FDA's "implementation of its historic new authority overseeing tobacco products in the United States"

The more we can distance ourselves from tobacco the better right?

My fear is that when the PVs (e-cigs) are taxed, they will try and put the same type of "sin/public health risk taxes" on them as they do with analogs. Then I couldn't afford to vap as well.
    Just my 2 cents worth (and that might be all it's worth)

sherid

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 25, 2008
    USA
    I'm not sure we should post there.....
    The E-cig is NOT A TOBACCO PRUDUCT and in no way, shape or form should it be part of the FDA's "implementation of its historic new authority overseeing tobacco products in the United States"

The more we can distance ourselves from tobacco the better right?

My fear is that when the PVs (e-cigs) are taxed, they will try and put the same type of "sin/public health risk taxes" on them as they do with analogs. Then I couldn't afford to vap as well.
    Just my 2 cents worth (and that might be all it's worth)
    Think very carefully about that. If you distance from tobacco, you align with drug companies. Do you want a product that requires doctor's visits, prescriptions, and tastes like crap with no vapor? That is what you will get if BP gets control. Most of us could never afford or want such products. Cost of doctor visit each month: $125, cost of prescription $100-200

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread