Adaptever Review/ Switch Removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crash

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Karachi, Pakistan
Alright well I kept this one really brief. I'm also attaching some information I got off AdapteveR Home of the ORIGINAL USA built PV : Home

"Features

-Machined and designed in the USA for durability and easy user maintenance...

-All parts are made from the highest quality materials, including T-6061 aluminum(aircraft quality), brass, and non-porous acetal***,

-The AdapteveR is ROHS compliant

-NEVER an ounce of solder, only solid electrical connections throughout... never worry about a soldered wire coming loose or breaking, because the AdapteveR doesn't use solder or wires...

-Did you know? The same model atomizer from different manufacturers can fit differently in some PV adapters... This can result in less power or not working at all... The AdapteveR has you covered with a unique double spring mechanism that always insures full power with whatever atomizer you choose

-User replaceable switch, (1 extra included)

batteries

The AdapteveR supports CR123 batteries with lengths from 1.300" ~ 1.420" or 33mm ~ 36mm....

recommended protected battery****

recommended battery charger****

Whats Included

Included with purchase:
(1)AdapteveR assy
(2)push button switch**
(2)battery spring*
(2)set screws*
(1)switch removal tool
(batteries and atomizers -not included)

Technical

*supplied in the event the part is lost or damaged
**switch life is rated @ 50,000 mechanical/100,000 electrical presses
***Acetron® GP is Quadrant™s general purpose copolymer acetal and is the only porosity-free acetal product available today. Acetron® GP is FDA, USDA, NSF, Canada AG and 3A-Dairy compliant.

**** for safety protected CR123 batteries are recommended for use with the AdapteveR..."

YouTube - Adaptever Review

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKBha28dHio

YouTube - Adaptever Switch removal

(sorry guys if the video quality is poor i think i forgot to record this one in HD)

Last edited:

blackbug

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2009
Berkshire, UK
www.eciggypedia.com
You look really bummed!

I've been looking at all the mods. Almost got a screwdriver earlier. But my torchmod batteries came this morning, so I'll stick with that.

I've got an hour of moderate use (sitting at home desk) and now the battery is getting weaker. This is with the batteries straight out the packet. Not charged yet.

What sort of life are you getting?

Crash

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Karachi, Pakistan
You look really bummed!

I've been looking at all the mods. Almost got a screwdriver earlier. But my torchmod batteries came this morning, so I'll stick with that.

I've got an hour of moderate use (sitting at home desk) and now the battery is getting weaker. This is with the batteries straight out the packet. Not charged yet.

What sort of life are you getting?

On the torch mod with a full battery around 4-5 hours of good vaping
Didn't bother with this just put it back for now, bit let down, but since its using the same batteries as the SD should get the same amount of power/battery life around 6-7 hours is the norm for me.

Zofryer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
Near DC
zofryer.com
The point you made about the vapor production not really differing is dead on. In the end of the day, it's a matter of factoring everything else in my opinion:

*Look
*Form Factor
*Button Feel
*Construction
*Durability
*Ease of repair
*Features
*Value

How this particlar mod stacks up in those areas are the exact reasons I picked this over other mods for a dedicated 510 battery supply. From a vapor production standpoint, it should be identical to the SD, Nano, Protege, etc with the same atomizer. One caveat, the Protege is not released yet, or I'd have strongly considered it based upon my positive experience with the Prodigy. Also, I have not tried the Nano yet but do have a GGT and 510 adapter coming.

Crash

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Karachi, Pakistan
The point you made about the vapor production not really differing is dead on. In the end of the day, it's a matter of factoring everything else in my opinion:

*Look
*Form Factor
*Button Feel
*Construction
*Durability
*Ease of repair
*Features
*Value

How this particlar mod stacks up in those areas are the exact reasons I picked this over other mods for a dedicated 510 battery supply. From a vapor production standpoint, it should be identical to the SD, Nano, Protege, etc with the same atomizer. One caveat, the Protege is not released yet, or I'd have strongly considered it based upon my positive experience with the Prodigy. Also, I have not tried the Nano yet but do have a GGT and 510 adapter coming.

I man whats up?? I'm glad we agree on something, I didn't want people to thinking I was just hating on this ecig, so I kept it brief, and thats why I also got some information from the site. It is value for money though, and i love the fact that its all mechanical, so in theory it should last for ever if the switch is replaced and regular maintenance is performed. I think I was just really disappointed because I had my hopes set really high. There is an extension sleeve for this coming out soon from what I'm told, but then once again It's going to be just another 6v mod. The performance will no doubt be the same, so I think from now on to judge mods I'll do it on looks, how much I paid for it and if it was worth it, what features it offers, okay well pretty much all things you said in your list. I think the form factor is what killed it on this one for me, I like things that stand out and are different.

Zofryer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2009
Near DC
zofryer.com
I think the form factor is what killed it on this one for me, I like things that stand out and are different.

You just made another important distinction. Form factor is subjective. To you, this design was boring because it did not stand out. I completely understand that. However, to me this design rocked because it didn't needlessly stand out. : ) I like less is more. Neither of us are right, it's a preference.

Crash

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Karachi, Pakistan
You just made another important distinction. Form factor is subjective. To you, this design was boring because it did not stand out. I completely understand that. However, to me this design rocked because it didn't needlessly stand out. : ) I like less is more. Neither of us are right, it's a preference.

Exactly so everyone find something that you think is value for money and appeals to your eyes, the performance on all the mods is just about the same (since they're pushing the same amount of volts to the atty.) The adaptever is very reasonably priced in my opinion, and all mechanical. Those two points are a winner for, but I guess my bling bling side kicked in and well yea. But I'll cherish it just as much as my other mods :p gota respect the work that went into making it, and the design of the switch, and atomizers area. Honestly love the fact that you can take the whole thing apart yourself and put it back together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread