Advice on choosing between to similar kits

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasVet

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2013
The Republic of ... TEXAS
As you might know, I prefer Joye batteries and Kanger clearos. I haven't owned a Kanger evod battery. For me, the button position would be a problem but the bigger factor is the quality that I've experienced with Joye products and esp. the short and charge protection in the eGo-c upgrade batts. I've had several that have lasted over a year and some over a year and a half. There is no reason for me to change when you figure the money factor involved in that longevity.

I do have some Joye eGo-c Twists but for my flavors (and this is an important factor) I can get the wattage I need from the regulated mode of the eGo-c upgrade batt (3.4V) and either a 1.8 or 2.2 ohm coils from the Tabac BCC's. IF I need more wattage, which happens rarely, I can put the upgrade battery in the unregulated mode. But that can burn most of my flavors over time.

I haven't had really good luck with the evod clearos. I don't like the cosmetic metal skin on the MT3/MT3S (or the evods). I don't like the extra weight. I don't like the limiting window and I like the 3ml capacity of the Tabac BCC's and the replaceable coils factor.

You've seen my posts on the airy draw from protanks and mini-protanks which I liked at first ('liked at first' is a common phenomena around here) but the ones that have lasted long, are fuss and leak free _for me_ have been the Tabacs. The only other clearo I use is the Joye eGo-cc clearo - very good performer but the capacity is at @1.6ml.

I have every other Kanger clearo they make except the new unitank. And all but the Tabacs are sitting in drawers. I have some new in box that will be going to classifieds when I get around to it. lol.

First Kent C, thanks for this personal response.
Also, I realize that anyone who has been vaping multiple time longer than myself has probably gone through the /failure/success mode with equipment. I come in late and the newer stuff has improved and I don't have to nor want to re-invent the tortueous path of vaping.

So thanks for the feedback on the eGo-C upgrade as an option instead of EVODs. As far as Clearos/tanks go I will probably make some errors in judgement over time, even with this forum and youtube telling me to TRY THIS ONE - From (latest rev.) LOL
Seriously, I just connected your use of Tabac BCC to Kangertech, soo smarter already.

I'm going to my local shop on Wednesday and discuss their equipment for my desire to upgrade from Halo G6. I don't know what they have or how much of it is clones so I'll be as careful as I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread