After 2 yrs of vapeing, i finally tried a cartomizer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

K-Woodz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Huntington Beach CA
I started with unfilled drop-o-mizers, because my vapeing mentor used those.

Then, i went straight to gennys, then rebuildables. All mechs except my first ego batts.

I started looking for something for a hassle free vape for casual use, so i got my first VV mod, the MVP.
I tried the iclear 30, some cheapy clearos, and a kanger protank. They were "ok" but weren't really doin it for me flavor wise. (the iclear 30 was the best, but the draw was too tight)

Yesterday, i tried a 510 cartomizer in a cirrus tank and was blown away by how much more flavor it made than the clearos.

Does anyone else agree that cartos are MUCH better than clearos? I really cant get over it!

Amish Ed

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2010
Lake Forest, CA
amished.wordpress.com
I love my carto tanks. Pretty much hate cartos outside of a tank though. In a tank they blow away any clearo I've had. I keep some t3's around for when I'm fishing, and I have a Protank that gets infrequent use. I'm waiting on an iGo-L that's in the mail. My first rebuildable, so we'll see how that compares to my carto tanks.

Levitys

Unregistered Supplier
Jun 23, 2013
Grandville, MI
www.veganvape.com
When I first started I had an ego and a Evod. I loved it but wanted to try something new so I bought a cartotank. Primed it, filled her up and gave her a vape. I couldn't believe how strong the flavor was! It was a fruity flavor and it almost tasted Menthol. BUT the flavors in a cartomizer slowly fade away in my opinion and after the initial prime the carto get's bland tasting where as an eVod gives you consistant great tasting flavor. I never liked clearos though. I change flavors way to much

K-Woodz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Huntington Beach CA
I love my carto tanks. Pretty much hate cartos outside of a tank though. In a tank they blow away any clearo I've had. I keep some t3's around for when I'm fishing, and I have a Protank that gets infrequent use. I'm waiting on an iGo-L that's in the mail. My first rebuildable, so we'll see how that compares to my carto tanks.

Thats my area for sure, the rebuildables. IMO nothing beats the flavor, that is, as soon as you get the hang of building a good coil. Having to drip every so often can become annoying, but if you build a good wick, you can easily hold 10 drops of juice and maybe get 10-20 vapes before you have to re-drip.

K-Woodz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Huntington Beach CA
When I first started I had an ego and a Evod. I loved it but wanted to try something new so I bought a cartotank. Primed it, filled her up and gave her a vape. I couldn't believe how strong the flavor was! It was a fruity flavor and it almost tasted Menthol. BUT the flavors in a cartomizer slowly fade away in my opinion and after the initial prime the carto get's bland tasting where as an eVod gives you consistant great tasting flavor. I never liked clearos though. I change flavors way to much

I only have about 5 mil of juice through my first ever carto and it still is kicking ..... I will post back with my findings on the flavor drop.

Worzel

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Lakeland, Florida
I have a couple of K100's that I drip directly into the carto filling. I use Smoktech cartos for those, I have a Smoktech e pipe with a High Desert Vapes glass tank on it that I use for my higher nic tobacco flavorings, but I use the Smoktech nickel mesh cartos for those. I have a love/ hate relationship with those cartos. When they work, they are clean, and the flavor is just fantastic! When they don't work, they either dry out or flood. But like I said, they are new. They are trying to work out the kinks, and I want to love those cartos.

yaypudding

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
North of NYC
i strictly use clearos, as a noob vaper it was the only method I really understood. I get pretty good flavor but can't compare it to anything else. I got curious and have an igo-l and some cartos coming in mail. Since I mostly vape at home a dripping atomizer looked like the best way to go, and the cartos for out and about. i'll pick up a carto tank soon if I like the carto's and give that a shot. I hear nothing beats dripping in terms of flavor and vapor though. i wrap my own coils for my protanks, so i hope that skill will transfer to the igo-l.

Rodeorat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2013
Guthrie, OK
The hunt for true flavor and juice capacity brought me to Carto tanks as well. The EVODs are still a staple round here as well. I find the flavor mutes quicker in some cartos than others, but at least they dont impart their own flavor like most clearos do. The Boges and Smoks seem to hold on for a while. As I type this there's a Carto tank on a mech, and an evod on a spinner at my side, my typical rotation.

volume control

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
Mass
I was using clearos FOREVER. Evods were my favorite. Then i got a mech and figured id just use the Protank. Wasnt that happy with it so figured id just go for a carto tank. I got boge LRs laser drilled from litecig and an ibtanked 22mm standard. SOOO much better. I have a hard time using anything else, such as when i need to stealth and use the evod, just no comparison

K-Woodz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Huntington Beach CA
i strictly use clearos, as a noob vaper it was the only method I really understood. I get pretty good flavor but can't compare it to anything else. I got curious and have an igo-l and some cartos coming in mail. Since I mostly vape at home a dripping atomizer looked like the best way to go, and the cartos for out and about. i'll pick up a carto tank soon if I like the carto's and give that a shot. I hear nothing beats dripping in terms of flavor and vapor though. i wrap my own coils for my protanks, so i hope that skill will transfer to the igo-l.

I am using carto tanks from here on out at the house, i actually use my mechs when out and about because they are smaller. The only downside is people always think im smoking something else because of the huge clouds my rebuildables make. Just look at my avatar.

Tatsel_Morte

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Man... I've been loyally vaping bottom fed clearos, but you guys make me question my loyalties...
If I'm wrong about this then what else am I wrong about?
Is Jar-Jar a good addition to Star Wars?
Did Lando do the right thing in betraying Han?
Should I join the dark side?
Is Picard the superior officer?
IS Canadian bacon really bacon?
Did Greedo shoot first? NO! Greedo certainly did not...But the rest of those are up for debate...Except Jar-Jar...He still sucks.

yaypudding

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
North of NYC
I am using carto tanks from here on out at the house, i actually use my mechs when out and about because they are smaller. The only downside is people always think im smoking something else because of the huge clouds my rebuildables make. Just look at my avatar.

you're avatar looks like you're sucking in someone's soul lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread