After hours of researching and pricing products. Here's what I came up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragnok

Moved On
May 6, 2014
Wanted something affordable. vv/vw and glass bcc rebuildable. These are the 3 things I'm gonna order next chance I can.

Vamo V5 kit:
$42.49 Vamo V5 Variable Voltage/Wattage APV Starter Kit at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Mini Protank II V2:
$11.76 Authentic Mini Protank-II (V2) Glass Clearomizer (1.0-1.5mL) - 2.5ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Airflow control valve for Protank II:
$3.97 Authentic Airflow Control Valve for Protank 2 / Protank 3 / Aerotank - chromed brass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Thoughts and comments are welcome... I can't tell what brand batteries come with the kit but I figure I'm gonna upgrade those too later on with a better charger. I might also add some rebuild parts for the miniprotank as well just to have on hand in case of issues or breakage.

RichRod

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
South Lake Tahoe, CA
ide steer you away from buying that vamo starter kit, the vamo is great and ide suggest it but not in that kit. buy a vamo on ebay for around 30$ then a nitecore i4 charger and some aw imr batteries. i would never buy batteries or a charger from fasttech. and also for the tanks why do you want minis? they will look kinda awkward ontop of a vamo imo, get the full size i dont think you would regret it. and ide say just go for an original aerotank instead of a pt and af control. just my 2 cents, goodluck :)

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
Ditto buying the Vamo by it's self and NOT the kit
Ditto on the Nitecore ...or an Xtar
Ditto on NO chargers or batteries from FT (they suck, you'll be replacing them soon anyway)
Ditto on the regular size Protank for the Vamo.

I have Vamo's and Protanks.
The mini Protank is great on the Ego size batteries, ... but the Vamo needs the regular size.
The mini on a Vamo looks out of place....(to small.)

I use both sizes. I don't like taking my "good" stuff out of the house, so the ego's with a mini PT works great together for "on the go"
The larger equipment, Vamo's and reg PT stay at home along with the Provari's and other stuff I would not want to lose.
What you selected is almost a perfect "step-up", with just a few changes.

Also get 4 IMR batteries, (2-18350, and 2-18650) for the Vamo so you can use it in both sizes
That way you have a spare to use when the other one needs charging.

The Vamo is easy to operate, and works great.
Now you need to learn to re-wick, so you don't have to keep buying heads for it. :p
So make sure you save all the used ones, ... don't throw them away .... you'll need them in the future.
Re-wicking is super cheap, and super easy ...........
Enjoy your new "toys"

Oiisu

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2014
MO, USA, Earth
Are you planning on using the airflow control for the mini or do you already have another protank? I just tried putting my airflow on my mini or the first time, it hadn't even occurred to me that it might work.
It fits but it doesn't go down all the way, the oring is still exposed a bit, its not leaking flat out but not sure if the seal is as good as it should be or not. Heres a pic of the oring bit and my switched bottoms of the mini and airflow on protanks
LwZ0Nq6.jpg

eJhzgBc.jpg

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Wanted something affordable. vv/vw and glass bcc rebuildable. These are the 3 things I'm gonna order next chance I can.

Vamo V5 kit:
$42.49 Vamo V5 Variable Voltage/Wattage APV Starter Kit at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Mini Protank II V2:
$11.76 Authentic Mini Protank-II (V2) Glass Clearomizer (1.0-1.5mL) - 2.5ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Airflow control valve for Protank II:
$3.97 Authentic Airflow Control Valve for Protank 2 / Protank 3 / Aerotank - chromed brass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Thoughts and comments are welcome... I can't tell what brand batteries come with the kit but I figure I'm gonna upgrade those too later on with a better charger. I might also add some rebuild parts for the miniprotank as well just to have on hand in case of issues or breakage.

this one is the steel version vamo for $32
$32.43 Vamo V5 Variable Voltage/Wattage Mod / APV - stainless steel at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I do not think that airflow adapter will fit on the miniprotank2; the atomizer wont fit in the space.
I *think* it would fit on the miniprotank3 with the single coils but probably not the dual coils.
$6.92 Authentic Mini Protank 3 Dual Coil Clearomizer - translucent / 1.5ohm / 1.5ml at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Singaw

May 21, 2014
ComVal, Philippines
Sounds like a fun bit of kit but I would highly recommend not buying batteries from anybody who will ship it by air. Many postal services will refuse to ship lithium batteries, or anything that looks like a lithium battery by air. Some people manage to get batteries shipped by air but it's really hit and miss. Good luck with whatever you decide to purchase and be prepared to wait and then wait a little longer if buying from overseas.

Dragnok

Moved On
May 6, 2014
Sounds like a fun bit of kit but I would highly recommend not buying batteries from anybody who will ship it by air. Many postal services will refuse to ship lithium batteries, or anything that looks like a lithium battery by air. Some people manage to get batteries shipped by air but it's really hit and miss. Good luck with whatever you decide to purchase and be prepared to wait and then wait a little longer if buying from overseas.

I never buy from overseas due to customs taking so long to do their thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread