Airlines and vaping gear

Status
Not open for further replies.

lc12

Account closed on request
Oct 31, 2014
When I opened the Miami Herald newspaper today-1/29, I read about a person who ended up at the hospital due to a battery explosion, has a lawyer and is suing. Of course, I feel sorry for this person. But in the report it says that due to these type of reports the dept. of transportation has banned e-cig gear from checked baggages. I'm not a youngster and vaping gear bought from reputable vendors has saved my life for the past 4 yrs., allowed me travel again & have had no problems whatsoever with any name brand batteries. The media here all they do is give "doomsday" reports & it's affecting this choice of this miraculous life saving invention. I'm worried cause what about the tons of retired seniors,, here in FL that have positive stories and are super happy, healthy now; plus, our families are happy as we don't stink, are taking tons of less meds, being able to walk, run, breathe again? Why aren't these POSITIVE reports being reported that outweigh the rare unfortunate negative reports that apparently are cheapos from China? Now we can't travel either? What are we older folks supposed to do? No smoking, no vaping, no traveling now, no this, no that...
Thanks for reading

lc12

Oct 31, 2014
You can't put your batteries in checked baggage, however you can
still carry it on the airplane. E-juice and other parts can still be in
checked baggage...they just don't want batteries down in the luggage
area in case there's a problem.
Thanks so much for replying, this makes me feel a bit better...my heart sank when I read the newspaper. Lately, 2-3 rare reports makes one feel that our world is closing/against us. My mother loves to travel, too- she's in her late 70's(smoked for 50+yrs) & also vapes & it will literally kill her if vaping is shut down from her world - she was heartbroken when she read the paper. Lately, we go to places with signs of "no smoking, no vaping allowed" we feel like we live in a dictatorship and not allowed to live even w/our healthy option/choice. I've written our politians, etc. cause the media, is so unbalanced.

Reactions: mcol

mcol

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2013
Missouri
Thanks so much for replying, this makes me feel a bit better...my heart sank when I read the newspaper. Lately, 2-3 rare reports makes one feel that our world is closing/against us. My mother loves to travel, too- she's in her late 70's(smoked for 50+yrs) & also vapes & it will literally kill her if vaping is shut down from her world - she was heartbroken when she read the paper. Lately, we go to places with signs of "no smoking, no vaping allowed" we feel like we live in a dictatorship and not allowed to live even w/our healthy option/choice. I've written our politians, etc. cause the media, is so unbalanced.

We live in a nanny world for sure.

Reactions: lc12

lc12

Oct 31, 2014
Lion batteries haven't been allowed in checked luggage for quite some time now.
You can carry on your gear/ batteries with no problems.

The TSA website & airlines websites I'm familiar with have the guidelines that cover batteries.
Thanks for the tip/info. I could just see myself going somewhere and everything taken/thrown away in front of me, having a panic attack and hauled away in an ambulance or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread