Status
Not open for further replies.

thesecondstar

Jan 17, 2014
Florida
You'll be happy with April Moon...my other two are Twas Brilig and A Quiet Morning. I'm not big on the cakey ones (and ALOT of them have "cake") but the rest are wonderful! :) Plus she packages with charms and a personalized note with your name on it. I'm a huge sucker for things like that. As you can tell, I'm a huge Alice fan. Hope you love your experience!

I received my order in the mail yesterday. April Moon is very unique! I love it. Maybe not a ADV, but surely something I will order again and enjoy for a long time. I also got a smaller bottle of 15 Foot Falls. Wow, this is my new #1. ADV. Hands down amazing. They sent a free sample of 'Twas Brillig as well, I haven't had a chance to try yet. I'm very excited to finish the April Moon in my tank today so I can vape Brillig. Thank you so much for your help. I will surely order from AiV again. Next I want to try something's from the Oddity Room and White Rabbit!

jrenae4

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
ES, MD
I received my order in the mail yesterday. April Moon is very unique! I love it. Maybe not a ADV, but surely something I will order again and enjoy for a long time. I also got a smaller bottle of 15 Foot Falls. Wow, this is my new #1. ADV. Hands down amazing. They sent a free sample of 'Twas Brillig as well, I haven't had a chance to try yet. I'm very excited to finish the April Moon in my tank today so I can vape Brillig. Thank you so much for your help. I will surely order from AiV again. Next I want to try something's from the Oddity Room and White Rabbit!

I'm so glad you like it! April Moon, Twas Brillig, and A Quiet Morning are the 3 I cannot live without. I have a big bottle of April Moon but I will be ordering one of Twas Brillig when they open tonight. I really, really wanted to like 15 foot falls, but with the "toasty tobacco" all I tasted was burnt...something. Really disappointing :(

seashells

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
I'm so glad you like it! April Moon, Twas Brillig, and A Quiet Morning are the 3 I cannot live without. I have a big bottle of April Moon but I will be ordering one of Twas Brillig when they open tonight. I really, really wanted to like 15 foot falls, but with the "toasty tobacco" all I tasted was burnt...something. Really disappointing :(

What a shame about the 15' Falls- maybe a long steep? I think it's a comforting, sweet vape. The toastiness makes me want to start a fire (in a fireplace, not, you know, where I shouldn't).

Bosco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
San Antonio
This thread inspired me to order a sample pack from AiV. I got Zombie Apocalypse, White Rabbit, Lemon Loves Cake and B&W Cookie. They also threw in 2 small sample bottles - a quiet morning and orange frost. I'm probably not the target demo but I found the packaging . . uhm . .ok . .but I would be just as happy with a plain box and bottles without charm thingies. I felt kind of "Harry Potter-ish" which, if you're a 40 year old man, is probably not what you're going for.

Now to the important part . .the flavors! Major disappointment here. I was expecting to like most of my selections but, in fact, I like none of them so far. I tasted each one in a trident clone with cotton wick. The trident clone gives pretty decent flavor. Once they've steeped a bit I'll try them out in my kayfun which will give me an even better idea . . . .but, so far, I am really not digging these flavors at all. White Rabbit tastes like coconut/vanilla. I like it the best of the bunch but it's got a weird taste that sort of bothers me. Zombie Apocalypse has sort of a "washed out" strawberry cupcake flavor. Like if eating a real strawberry cupcake is oil paint, this is water color. It's my second favorite of the bunch but I don't love the strawberry flavor and it's kind of boring. B&W Cookie just tastes bad to me. The chocolate is very off-putting. Orange Frost tastes like minty tang or something - definitely blech at this point. Lemon Loves Cake tastes like absolutely nothing! I get nothing from this juice except the slightest little hint of lemon cake which is more of a smell than a flavor. I hope this one intensifies as it steeps because I do like this flavor.

The only one I haven't tried yet is Quiet Morning.

I mostly DIY but I've been trying different juices lately just to kind of calibrate my palate and, of course, for fun. My favorites of what I've tried lately are Ben Johnson's Cr3am and Good Life Vapor Deadly Sin and Blueberry Morning.

I'm interested to see how/if the AiV flavors improve with some steeping because, as it stands right now ... I want back out of the rabbit hole!

Last edited:

seashells

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
This thread inspired me to order a sample pack from AiV. I got Zombie Apocalypse, White Rabbit, Lemon Loves Cake and B&W Cookie. They also threw in 2 small sample bottles - a quiet morning and orange frost. I'm probably not the target demo but I found the packaging . . uhm . .ok . .but I would be just as happy with a plain box and bottles without charm thingies. I felt kind of "Harry Potter-ish" which, if you're a 40 year old man, is probably not what you're going for.

Now to the important part . .the flavors! Major disappointment here. I was expecting to like most of my selections but, in fact, I like none of them so far. I tasted each one in a trident clone with cotton wick. The trident clone gives pretty decent flavor. Once they've steeped a bit I'll try them out in my kayfun which will give me an even better idea . . . .but, so far, I am really not digging these flavors at all. White Rabbit tastes like coconut/vanilla. I like it the best of the bunch but it's got a weird taste that sort of bothers me. Zombie Apocalypse has sort of a "washed out" strawberry cupcake flavor. Like if eating a real strawberry cupcake is oil paint, this is water color. It's my second favorite of the bunch but I don't love the strawberry flavor and it's kind of boring. B&W Cookie just tastes bad to me. The chocolate is very off-putting. Orange Frost tastes like minty tang or something - definitely blech at this point. Lemon Loves Cake tastes like absolutely nothing! I get nothing from this juice except the slightest little hint of lemon cake which is more of a smell than a flavor. I hope this one intensifies as it steeps because I do like this flavor.

The only one I haven't tried yet is Quiet Morning.

I mostly DIY but I've been trying different juices lately just to kind of calibrate my palate and, of course, for fun. My favorites of what I've tried lately are Ben Johnson's Cr3am and Good Life Vapor Deadly Sin and Blueberry Morning.

I'm interested to see how/if the AiV flavors improve with some steeping because, as it stands right now ... I want back out of the rabbit hole!

Almost all of those need steeping. I don't know about Quite Morning and oops, Orange Frost. You might want to switch to something else while you wait....

Bosco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
San Antonio
Almost all of those need steeping. I don't know about Quite Morning and oops, Orange Frost. You might want to switch to something else while you wait....

Ya- I will definitely let them steep. My own philosophy about steeping, though, is that it's fine if a juice improves over time but it's still a bummer if it tastes like crap out of the mailbox. I would have to *LOVE* the flavor to buy a juice that required long steeping before it tasted good.

seashells

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
It's surprising how they change- Lemon Loves Cake is way stronger than it was when I received it. I didn't give Zombie Apocalypse a chance, I vaped 3ml too fast. B&W Cookie was also a sample and a friend really liked it but I'm not big on chocolate vapes. So she got it. And White Rabbit tasted like raw spice cake batter when I first got it. It's steeping in-tank, I smell it so often and it's definitely getting better.

My favorites are 15' Falls, Twas Brillig, Lemon Loves Cake, Lavender Ever After, Quiet Morning, Cherry Blossom (like honeysuckle), Punkin Tumble... not in that order. And I have a few that I'm not going to try until they've sat for some time. I have enough to occupy me in the meantime.

AmandaD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
So Cal
AIV is worth the wait - she's only open Tuesday for around 24 hours (or less). You really need, though, to steep their juice for quite a while, so plan on either sticking it in an ultrasonic or waiting for it to come to fruition! It's well worth it;) The first shipment I received seemed totally tasteless, so I stuck it in a drawer. A month later I couldn't believe the flavors that had come out!

BillyWJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
usa
AIV is worth the wait - she's only open Tuesday for around 24 hours (or less). You really need, though, to steep their juice for quite a while, so plan on either sticking it in an ultrasonic or waiting for it to come to fruition! It's well worth it;) The first shipment I received seemed totally tasteless, so I stuck it in a drawer. A month later I couldn't believe the flavors that had come out!

Some of them were very good right away - White Rabbit was EXCELLENT day one, and has only gotten better!

ph0kused

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Orange County, CA, USA
Hello Everyone, Im new to vaping and looking for some good juice. I don't mind paying top price for a high quality product. I've heard a lot of good things about Alice in Vapeland. Someone told me about April Moon and I can not wait to try. Any other suggestions from AiV? My current best juices are Halo's - Tribeca, Uncle Junk's - John Wayne, and Suicide Bunnies - Mother's Milk. I use a Protank 3 with a E-go twist batt. Also if there is any other high quality juices i should know about, feel free too let me in on your secret. Thank you for your input!

Currently 12 days without a cig and going strong.

I've bought all their juices as of 2/5/2014, so I'm pretty familiar with all their flavors. My recommendation is to buy their 12 sample pack. That's the best way to test AiVL.

But, here are some of my favorites, I make an order with AiVL every month. I'm getting close to a full deck of cards, AiVL customers know what I'm talking about ;-)

For me there is one standout flavor that is perfectly balanced. Zombie Apocalypse. Hard to put a flavor on it, but I'll call it a strawberry cupcake. It's a nice subtle flavor, not over powering flavor like some crappy q-liquid brands. To me you can always tell the good vs. the bad if the flavor is strong, and if you can chain vape it for DAYS.

Most new brands starting out are wayyyy to strong, even after 30 days of steeping.

Here's my list ... I use dual sub 1.0 ohm coils on my many RDA's I transition between normal silica and ekowool sometimes. I also own a kraken genesis, Kayfun 3.1, Aqua Footoon, Ithaka, and a bunch of others... I run these AiVL juices through all my devices.

1.) Zombie Apocalypse
2.) 15 Foot Falls
3.) Twas Brillig
4.) A Quiet Morning
5.) Lemon Loves Cake
6.) White Rabbit
7.) Afternoon Tea

The ones I don't really enjoy are pretty much the rest of their line, some really dont agree with me, others are totally vape-able and good enough to be some other brand's best selling juice. Examples of good flavors I just don't really like are B&W Cookie, Cupcake City, Cherry Blossom, Mystic Mandalime, and Punkin Trumble.

The other flavors I flat out just don't like..

BillyWJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
usa
1.) Zombie Apocalypse
2.) 15 Foot Falls
3.) Twas Brillig
4.) A Quiet Morning
5.) Lemon Loves Cake
6.) White Rabbit
7.) Afternoon Tea

These are pretty much the ones that get rave reviews - I liked them all except Lemon Loves Cake, but I want to go back to it soon after steeping over a month now.

I loved Cherry Blossom - I grew up surrounded by cherry trees, and it brought me right back to being a kid - it tastes exactly like a cherry blossom! (when we were kids, we'd occasionally chew a cherry blossom or two...)

When I get more, Twas Brillig and White Rabbit and April Moon are on the list. I was surprised by how much I like April Moon, because I'm not a fan of real apricots, but April Moon is fantastic.

seashells

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
I agree with the above - but two other favorites from the hidden rooms are Lavender Ever After, and Ginger by the Sea. I actually shed a tear last night when I used up the last drops of Lavender:p

I think the lavender is my favorite of all time. At least in the top 5 of all the juices I've tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread