Almost all Jumbo RDAs sold out. So Horney/Goliath sell yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vapesmooth123

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2016
I realize I'm about 2 years late to the party of these jumbo 30mm+ RDAs but what's strange is that they seem to be so popular that they're all sold out almost everywhere on the web, but manufacturers didn't replenish production.
Basically I just want a huge RDA to mess around with huge clouds now and then, not a regular vape.

I asked for suggestions on forum and did my own search and after a few days, find that almost all are sold out, or aren't really meant for 4 or more coils.

What I really want is the so Horney 6-coil RDA but can't find it anywhere even authentic. (Edited)

I realty want the Goliath also but can't find it in stock anywhere to ship to USA.

-I found 30mm Mason available but not sure if the posts can fit dual fused Clapton in each hole to make it a quad coil. Anyone know about that? Or maybe I can just drill out the holes larger?

-30mm Temple dual velocity can't find anywhere for sale, can stack quad long fused claptons for huge vapor but can't find for sale.

-Found the authentic Obese Buddha 36mm for like $75 but not crazy about the build deck as quad coil (have to angle 2 coils on each side to allow wicks to drop down, otherwise would have to fish wick through 36mm total of 2 coils which is not fun or easy)

-Did find 28.5mm Zephyr Buddha V2 Styled RDA for $8, but not crazy about that build deck and not sure if I can fit 2 fused Claptons in each post (maybe can drill out holes though bigger).
https://www.fasttech.com/products/3028/10013161/2893800

-30mm prophet triple coil can't find anywhere.
-30mm Buddha z v4 triple coil cant find anywhere

-30mm Buddha V3 RDA velocity DID find authentic but not crazy about the plastic (or delrin or whatever it is) top section.

There were a bunch others in the Jumbo RDA category but I really didn't like the decks or they just weren't meant for 4+ coils.

--------
EDITED : Rules

I did search 27mm RDA, 28mm RDA, 29mm RDA, 30mm RDA - 40mm RDA, but I might find some by adding .5 to the end.
If I can get at least a 26mm velocity, I can stack quad Claptons in it and should be plenty of vapor. I'm only using a 250W DNA250 BTW with triple vtc6s so I can't power much for long but I just want to try huge vapor RDA now and then.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

vapesmooth123

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2016
I just realized I can actually put 8 coils in the Buddha. the mason 30mm though, can't fit that much wire in the small post holes (would be 4 wire tails per hole and I'm questioning if it'll even fit two for a Quad build)

Would be tricky with the obese Buddha but basically can stack coils (4 on each side, and bend the ends of the wire on the upper coils so they are raised up).

but I dunno, maybe just a quad Clapton build in a velocity 25mm (which should be able to find), would max out my DNA250 mod anyway.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Ummm, you might want to go back and edit your first post. You can't offer to buy or sell something in regular threads, but if you'll get verified...you can post a Want ad in the Classified Ads section. Might be able to get one that way.

ETA: Wanted to clarify how and where you could ask if anyone might have 1 to sell.

Last edited:

vapesmooth123

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2016
Again thank you so much for mentioning the Mask and Norris. I ended up getting those, for cheap too ($36 Norris, $19.99 Mask) and I actually preferred these to the $55+ ones.

They're basically the same but the Norris I think has a wider build deck because it doesn't have a second screw at the outer edge of the clamp like the Mask one does therefore can fit longer coils. I got the mask though just because it was cheap and I can sell it later if I only use the Norris, plus the Mask has bottom air flow. With my regular 23mm RDA it has adjustable side air flow and that's good enough (Has a bottom air flow in the past but it would leak sometimes), but this big RDA I'll be checking the coils more often instead of accidentally over-dripping causing leaks, and I want to see if the bottom air flow work better for these huge builds.

I probably won't even make the wick tails reach the well (I'll just cut them short to use the whole width of the deck and make sure they're always saturated with dripping instead of relying on wicking up the well).

I realized the So Horney RDA I wanted yes is 6-coils but only 23mm, so in theory 6x23mm = 138mm of coil can fit. Is not much difference that just putting quad coils in a 30mm RDA which is 120mm total of coils. The real numbers are smaller than that because post-to-post is less than outer diameter of RDA, but you get the idea.
I do wonder though if it'll have less ramp up and/or better vapor to use 6 smaller coils vs 4 longer coils but I asked this on 2 forums and no one had an answer so it's probably no a common knowledge thing.

I did find a 30mm velocity authentic for $55 but I think the Norris in quad mode will be just as good and no need to get the velocity also (for quad). Other than that, I didn't want any of the other build decks for huge quad coils, or they are just all Sold Out.
Anyway thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread