Status
Not open for further replies.

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
There are a lot of good arguments in this thread and I'm glad to see so many courteous people. On the subject of heart disease though we have to remember that there are a few treatments that have the medicine mixed into a pg nebulizer fluid and sometimes with some flavoring added as well and thats not much different than e-liquid other than the fact that its medicine instead of nicotine. We also have to consider the fact that a person using these nebulizer treatments are "nebulizing" on average 20-50 ml of fluid per treatment (average treatment is 15-20 min base on people I know doing them). Thats up to 75 times the amount a vaper "smokes" in the same time frame and there have been no noticable adverse affects from these treatments that are not side affects of the particular medicine. They are even making them in a vg base now for those sensitive to PG.

This is all based on first hand info having friends and customers using these nebulizer treatments so IMO if vaping up to 75 times the amount of PG and other ingrediants from a nebulizer is safe then vaping around your daughter should be considered just as safe if not safer given the amounts she is exposed to.

That being said I would still watch for ANY increase in her symptoms that occur when you vape near her. I would also talk to her doctor about the possible affects of nicotine on her type of heart disease. Some studies have hinted at nicotine having a benefit on muscle tremors and that could have an affect on heart arrhythmia's as well. I heard of a planned study a few years ago that was going to try nicotine regimens instead of nitroglycerine for heart patients but I can't find anything on it now.

RosaJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2012
The Woodlands, TX, USA

invisible

Mar 18, 2014
Spokane
I'm noticing a lot of blatant comments out there.. Where are the sources for these? This thread sounds just like the ones the nay-sayers are doing. Nicotine, just the alkaloid has been linked to heart issues before. I've heard new stuff saying differently since then, but then again, it appears everyone is just saying things these days to help cope with their own wishes.

There are cases of people being allergic to all three main components of the e-cig liquid. I don't need a quote for this, it should be easily googled. Check with a professional. There is not a single person on this forum that can say for complete certainty that your daughter will be unaffected by the vapor. The vapor is almost completely safe, but is that worth risking her life?

EDIT: Sorry, I meant to add, get her tested for allergies. Consult a real doctor. Take what you see on this forum with a grain of salt; we don't know your daughter or her condition.

http://www.casaa.org/ The front page article might help.

Last edited:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
If anyone wonders if vaping will be included in the smoking bans, this thread should remove any doubt. How will you convince the general public that there's no danger from vapor when the people who ought to know better are worried about it.

Because not everyone believes that politics and/or convincing the public of something is more important than decisions they make with regard to the ultimate well-being and health of their loved ones, and whatever approach they opt for towward ensuring that.

This is an individual decision of great purport, and one that each individual must make using their own research, thoughts, value system, and inner guidance.

Being "guilted" (by complete strangers on an internet forum) isn't going to change their mind. ;)

I respect the decisions that people make with regard to their own health and the health of their loved ones. If they choose to err on the side of caution, they have every right to do so.

Just as you wish others to respect your choice to vape.

I personally believe there is no harm in 2nd hand vapor. I also believe the problems to the vaper themselves, if any, "may" end up being artificial sweetners, dyes, and certain flavorings.

That said, I have to admit that I would not vape inside a newborn infant's nursery, with closed windows. Because in this instance, I prefer to err on the side of caution, regardless of the 1/2 dozen short term studies that have come out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread