Am I lying on my insurance???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingsley1065

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
So my insurance renewal is up at work for my medical insurance. I certify that I am tobacco free. Saves me $10 week on my portion if the premium.

The questionnaire specifically lists cigs, smokeless tobacco products but nothing about e-cigs. I believe it does list cessation products. Are they gonna put e-cigs in this category??

I did go for my wellness checkup today. Blood work, bmi, weight..... Nicotine will def show up in my blood work if they check for it.

What do you guys think??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
I think insurance companies will do anything at all to avoid paying a claim.

On a more general theme, i also think that any legislation and regulation of e-cigs ought to be specifically about e-cigs, since they plainly do not fit neatly into either a tobacco or medicine category.

If you test positive for nicotine (more specifically cotinine) then unless you are on some approved (by the insurance company) smoking cessation treatment - then they will screw you for the extra money or refuse to pay.

T

Kingsley1065

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
You should probably ask someone at the insurance carrier. I hate that most consider any nicotine use to be tobacco use, but paying $10 more a month is better than potentially losing your insurance or having claims denied.

$10 a month I prob wouldn't bother but it's $10 per pay or $520 for the year.

That's a couple authentics!

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
$10 a month I prob wouldn't bother but it's $10 per pay or $520 for the year.

That's a couple authentics!

Well, $520 pre-tax for a premium, or potentially a $30,000 denied claim for an accident. By all means, do what feels right to you. I would ask for clarification, in writing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread