Am I understanding DIY E Juice correctly? ADVICE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kennebarton

Dec 28, 2014
Illinois, USA
Ok so I have done some research on making my own e juice. Here is what I have figured out. Purchasing e juice from a vape shop was costing me about $16 for a 30 ml bottle of mount baker vapor. Being that I recently stopped smoking it was a relief on my wallet. After a couple of months I decided to save even more money and buy 30 ml bottles of MBV on ebay for $6. Now I have done the math and realized I can make my own juice for about $1.50/30 ML and control the nicotine and flavor strength. This is great. I already bought the nicotine, pg, and vg from myfreedomsmokes.com. And will soon order Lorann's Oil flavors to complete my plan. This is how I have it worked out.

I vape 50\50 solution so I will obviously do
15 ml of pg
15 ml of vg
2 ml of 100 mcg strength nicotine (100% PG)
and roughly 1 ml of Lorann Super Concentrated Peach Flavoring.

The prices have come to $1.50 per bottle. Which is awesome.

Still learning the steeping aspect.

Here is what I think I should do:

1 After mixing the solution I let it breath uncovered for a few hours

2 thoroughly shake the solution and mix it up

3 run the bottle under warm (hot) water ( I heard the pg vg nic and flavorings bond better under warmer temperatures)

4 letting the solution then sit for a couple weeks ( to the let the flavor "cure?")

5 THEN POWER VAPE!!!

DOES ALL OF THIS SOUND LEGIT AND CORRECT, AND DO YOU EXPERIENCED VAPORS HAVE ANY ADVICE FOR A NEW DIY MAKER

THANKS

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
The basic concept is correct. Most fruit flavors you can shake and vape right away not really any need to steep them, breather them, or let them sit for weeks. .9% saline solution reportedly makes fruits pop. Along with some things like citric acid. I don't do a lot of fruits so someone else will have to chime in with percentages. I have not heard a lot of good things about the Loranns flavors. But I haven't tried them. Well I tried some from the store and they were horrible. but that could have been operator error. However inevitably when someone comes on here asking questions about a harsh vape they are mixing loranns. Probably not every time is this true. But often enough to make me wonder.

The percentages you list are a question mark as you don't explain what nic level you are going for. Based on what you list you will get 33ml of 6mg per ml juice. 6.06 to be exact. Finally the PG/VG will be off a little. to the PG side. None of these are a big deal unless you scale up a bigger batch incorrectly. check out ejuice me up calculator. it will give you exact ratios.

Warming the final mix under water will certainly help to get it blended better more quickly.

Edit - where did you come up with 1ml of flavoring?

williebb123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2010
Mount Shasta California
i use just a few of the natural line of loranns and every one i use is 15% or 4.5mls but you may like your flavors weak everybody is different but i will say there will be very few you like in the lorann line , you might want to check out some other vendors like flavor art , inawera ,hangsen ,capella , flavor west and my fav vapingzone supercon.,most fruits are mix and vape , i have tried saline and it does give a slight boost but not needed and never tried the citric acid however capellas watermelon and vz sc watermelon needs to steep for 2wks along with vz sc peach but are well worth the wait the peach makes your mouth water a must try for sure , as for guidelines for mixing Danny has a few blogs that are a good read and Hosier is a must also they will pop up in your reading DIY just click under their avatar on blogs hope this helps

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
1 ml of 33 ml is more than 1%. Lol. With the highly concentrated flavors, you really need to watch your percentages. I highly recommend using an ejuice calculator of some sort. Ejuicemeup (as indicated previously) is a good one. Also, I don't leave my juices uncapped unless after steeping they are still really perfumey/alcohol tasting or smelling. Aerating juices unnecessarily can result in a loss of flavor and/or nicotine.
the 1% was what i heard from Lorann's "super" concentrates

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
DYI is trial and error so don't expect to get it right your first time out. As mentioned earlier loranne is not the best flavoring to start out with. TFA is good but takes a lot of work to get right so I don't recommend TFA to start out with either. Hangsen,Flavorart, flavor west, Capalla and inawere are better choices to start with. Much easier to get right without to much effort.

A lot of research is the key to really understanding the process. Start here.

My blogs will give insight into all aspects of DYI, from steeping to what supplies to have on hand to a basic walk through mixing your first E-juice.

E-Cigarette Forum - dannyv45 - Blogs

Then read hoosier's blogs. These blogs concentrate on fine tuning your mix and give insight on additives.

E-Cigarette Forum - Hoosier - Blogs

Then read Boletus's blog's. These blogs concentrate on formulation of nicotine baces regarding proper calculations methods for figuring Nicotine concentration as well as safety.

E-Cigarette Forum - Boletus - Blogs

Then read Ginger's book "E-Cigarettes 102: DIY E-Liquid". It is a book which I've contributed to that delivers an in depth easy to follow guide in the art of DYI.

E-Cigarettes 102: DIY E-Liquid

I recommend viewing VPLive Vape Team Episode #82: DIY Safety and bookmark it for future reference. It explains safety in all aspects of DYI.

VPLive Vape Team Episode #82: DIY Safety

then read the stickies at the top of the page.

this will explain a lot of the how's and why's.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread