An experts advice would be great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platemail

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2013
Vamo, Florida
Hello everyone, thank you all for the warm welcome and I am finally in need of a little advice and guidance. I am still using my basic 3.7v battery and crappy Kanger-style tank. (screw off mouthpiece. About 5$ in a local shop)

I have a 100$ budget and would love to upgrade. I am not getting enough vapor, and the liquids aren't tasting as good as a 10$ bottle should (www.aliceinvapeland.com) Can anoyone suggest some step-up upgrades? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks in advanced :)

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Hi Platemail - just noticed you live in Vamo.
Which reminds me of the Vamo. :D eGo Variable Volt/Watt APV V2 - thta's the Vamo, which is also called the Ego-APV, even though its not an ego.
You can get 40% off at that site, Exhale vapors, with this discount code: 40PercentOffECF

Variable wattage, variable voltage, ohms check, battery voltage check, can be used with an 18650 or an 18350 for shorty mode.

You'll need decent batteries (IMR) and a decent charger. A lot of people get them from RTD Vapor.
I'd recommend this charger:
Battery Chargers : Xtar WP2 II

Any of these batteries - two of whichever brand:
18605s
AW IMR 18650 2000 mAh
or
Batteries : Efest IMR 18650 Button Top
or
Batteries : Panasonic Hybrid/ IMR CGR18650CH Button Top

18350s:
Batteries : AW IMR 18350 3.7V 700mAh
or
Batteries : Efest IMR 18350 Button Top

So there's a suggestion for starters. With 40% off on the mod you should easily come in under budget with everything you need:
1 mod
2x 18650 batteries
2x 18350 batteries
1 charger

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
For $100 you can step up quite a bit.

Vapor production is a product of atomizer resistance vs voltage and also the composition of your juice. 100% PG liquids will provide the best flavor, but vapor levels may suffer, depending on the hardware you use. 100% VG liquids will provide clouds of vapor, but less flavor. VG will also clog up atomizer filler materials and coils. A mix is best and most people like 80pg/20vg or 70pg/30vg.

You can buy a variable voltage ecig for under $100. The VMax at around $79 is one that is popular and there are many out there in competition. VMax uses a replaceable 18650 battery (about $5). The eGo Twist is also popular and it costs about $25. It's a non replaceable battery in a case that contains the variable voltage circuitry and uses standard 510 thread atomizers and tanks. You use it until the internal battery won't hold a charge anymore and then buy another one.

Here's a good ecig mod database that is updated frequently. Click "Browse by Features" and select the features you are interested in to narrow the search list of possible mods.

Best e-Cig Mod List | e-Cig Mods Database

Until you buy, you might try the SmokTech DCT dual coil carto tank or the Vivi Nova v2.5. They are both around $13. YouTube is full of video demos on those.

Last edited:

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Hi Dave,
I don't think he updates that site anymore - its good for a general idea. But so many mods have come out since, like the accurate variable wattage/variable voltage devices - and he doesn't have them listed.
The Vmax is ok, but it doesn't have RMS, so what you set for volts isn't what you get on output - it hits harder.
The Zmax on the other hand does have RMS, and as well as having variable voltage it also has variable wattage. It can be picked up for around the same price as a Vmax but has more features, and is accurate. May take the OP over budget with a charger and batteries though.
The Sigelei Zmax is considerd the better of the Zmaxs for the extra sturdiness and OLED menu. I have a Smoktech Zmax which is pretty good. The advantage with the Vamo is being able to use it in two sizes though, and it costs less.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
For $100 you have a TON of options. If you want to go to VV(variable voltage) I would suggest the Zmax. After batteries and a charger you will be slightly over $100.

You get variable voltage and variable wattage.

If you can spend a little more get a provari.

SMOKTech ZMAX Ecig MOD Variable Volt & Watt

Unfortunately that says it is a version 1 Zmax - which doesn't have RMS and isn't accurate. I have one but I would recommend one as a first mod - the version 2 is the better. it has RMS and AVG - so can be used like a version 1 or accurately with RMS. The Sigelei Zmax is also a version 2.
Here's a review if Platemail is interested:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa5jYlV4mF8

Last edited:

SunRam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2012
South Africa
MOD - Sigelei ZMax, Anyvape CVI, Vamo or Evic - you really can't go wrong with any of these - they are the latest and greatest mods out there, with latest technologies. Research each of these, and make your preferred choice! - from $50 to $80

Carto's - Easiest and simplest to use remains the vivi nova, you wont be disappointed - around $12. You can also try smoketeck single coil cartos in DCT setups (it remains my favourite delivery system!) - Smoketech cartos in a tank lasts me about 10 days each - DCT around $10, cartos about $1.20 each

Charger - Nothing else but XTar WP2 for your budget! - around $20 (don't EVER budget on the charger and batteries - EVER!)

Batteries - 2 X Panasonic CHR18650CH FLAT TOPS - the flat tops will just work in a wider range of mods - around $12 each

Thats just my personal opinion ;)

You should get away with everything you need for about $110 - $150. There is just no way to get all the components you need for under $100 :p

Good luck, and vape on!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread