Any other super tasters out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK_Malik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
BK, I really know where you are coming from. This is the main reason I got hooked on dripping. I mostly used my same juice provider of years cause its was US made but cheap. The flavor was bearable, but with the equipment we were using why pay highend prices for better juice when the cartos were crap. With some of the rebuildables at there now you can really taste your juice. I had to go searching for better juice. Gotta give a shoutout to thevaporgirl.com if you haven't tried them you are missing out.

Thanx for the reply rob, I'm still using cartos they are high quality though, Ikenvape Platunum S so I know they're not the problem. I'm just getting into rebuldables. I have a Trident V2 and a Kayfun 3.1 on the way. So far I've had and sold Nimbus, Kraken, Kayfun Lite Plus, and Trident clones. None of the RBA/RDA's have had any effect on the bad tasting juices though, in fact it seemed to intensify them and make them even worse...

BK_Malik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
My taste abiliities were horrible until I started messing around with DIY. Once you "learn" some of the flavorings from the major manufacturers, you start to know what they taste like. You even get to the point where you can pretty much tell what flavor manufacturer certain vendors use. :)

You should pick up a few flavorings, put in some non nic PG, since that is what you vape, see what they taste like. Then you could "spike" your vendor juice a little with what might make it better for your taste buds.

I spike all my coffee vapes with Flavour Arts "Fresh Cream". I've tried all the other cream flavorings and this one tastes best to me. I also spike some of my fruit vapes with it. You could do the same with some minty or menthol flavoring. That might give you more things to vape, if you could add a little minty/menthol to vendor stuff you buy (because it willl often cover up or overwhelm a certain taste in a juice that you are not liking).

If you add a little VG to your juices, they will be a tad sweeter, and also bigger clouds.

I 'doctor' everything now that I don't DIY.

Great suggestions Racehorse.

BK_Malik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I saw on another old thread where someone was trying to compile a list of vendors that had NO liquids with perfume- or incense-y tastes. These are the vendors that I saw on the thread:
-Johnson Creek
-MyFreedomSmokes
-Mrs. T's Bakery
-ECSI.INC
-SaveASmoker
-Viking Vapor
-intellicig-usa.com
-Tasty Vapor

Anyone have any good liquid experience with any of these vendors? If so what flavors did you buy?

Last edited:

Fizzpop

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2013
United States
You might want to try doing DIY. I just recently started and I am having great success in making juices I love. I didn't have the problems you seem to be having finding good vendors, I am mainly doing it for the fun while enjoying the economic benefits.

One thing I have noticed, however, is that many people seem to like juices that are simply too strong for my tastes. Perhaps by mixing your own juice, you could use far less flavorings and thus make something that doesn't taste like soap/chemicals/perfume to you. Personally, I use very small amounts of flavor in the juices I mix as I find most recipes use too much.

BK_Malik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
You might want to try doing DIY. I just recently started and I am having great success in making juices I love. I didn't have the problems you seem to be having finding good vendors, I am mainly doing it for the fun while enjoying the economic benefits.

One thing I have noticed, however, is that many people seem to like juices that are simply too strong for my tastes. Perhaps by mixing your own juice, you could use far less flavorings and thus make something that doesn't taste like soap/chemicals/perfume to you. Personally, I use very small amounts of flavor in the juices I mix as I find most recipes use too much.

I know you're right Fizzpop, you're not the first person to tell me that. it just feels like I'm giving up after searching for the past 5 years for a vendor that doesn't sell perfumey liquid to start DIY'ing now and have to spend another year getting it right.

Just in case though, where do you get your flavorings?

Last edited:

Fizzpop

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2013
United States
I know you're right Fizzpop, you're not the first person to tell me that. it just feels like I'm giving up after searching for the past 5 years for a vendor that doesn't sell perfumey liquid to start DIY'ing now and have to spend another year getting it right.

Just in case though, where do you get your flavorings?

I order from Wizard Labs, but have heard good things about other vendors. You should check out the DIY forum, lots of very knowledgable folks there.

ncpatches

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
Wake Forest NC USA
Hey Everyone,

I have terrible luck with liquids. I've been vaping 100% PG menthol and peach menthol for the last 5 years because I can't find any liquids other that those that don't taste like perfume, incense, or soap (or combinations of the three). I've tried organics, 10 - 100% VG, and hundreds of fruit flavors, some premium like Jameson's and some not. I can't find a solution anywhere. I've been told a few times that I'm a super taster but none of the suggestions that I've gotten so far have helped. If anyone out there is like me and has found a company with liquids that work please share the info with me. I'm open to any and all suggestions.

Thanks!

I have just the opposite problem, I can taste very little, good or bad. :(
As I understand it though, if you have problems with perfumey or chemical smell/taste, leave the cap off the bottles for a couple days while they are steeping. This is supposed to help get rid of that.

BK, I really know where you are coming from. This is the main reason I got hooked on dripping. I mostly used my same juice provider of years cause its was US made but cheap. The flavor was bearable, but with the equipment we were using why pay highend prices for better juice when the cartos were crap. With some of the rebuildables at there now you can really taste your juice. I had to go searching for better juice. Gotta give a shoutout to thevaporgirl.com if you haven't tried them you are missing out.

^^^ Second that advice. TheVaporGirl has 'award winning' juices. They are about 40 miles from me and the only B&M store I have ever been to. Great juices!

I started DIY because I think I have a better chance of making a juice I CAN taste, with the low nic level that I want and save some $$ in the process.:thumbs:

I also order from Wizard Labs. Good prices, selection, fast shipping and great customer service, IMO. Best way to try new flavors. Now I have a couple that I will buy in larger bottles from TFA. :) Last thing I wanted to do was get big bottles and find out I don't like the flavor.:ohmy:

BK_Malik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

Hey rob33, any flavors from thevaporgirl that you would recommend?

BK_Malik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Halo's menthol liquids are pretty awesome. Never a "perfume" taste. Kringles Curse and Mailbu are amazing :)
Hi Lolli,
I do agree that Halo flavors are not perfumey but there's just something about all the ones' that I've tried that I can't put my finger on that just doesn't taste right to me.

BK_Malik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The Vapor Girl. Everything I tried at I would normally like is great. Vanilla Custard and French Vanilla Hazelnut Expresso are my all days. Kalooha Chocolate is habit forming, lol.

Thanks rob, I really don't like coffee but I will try the Vanilla Custard. I'm having a real problem trying to order though, whatever liquid I put in the cart it says that the options are not available:(

carrielsal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
I vape mainly coffee blends and vanilla custards. There are times when I can no longer taste them. I'll swap over to a cinnamon blend for a while (which I can always taste). When I go back to the coffee blends or vanilla, I can taste them again. I only assume that the loss of taste is the constant exposure to the same flavors. Unfortunately, I haven't found any other types of flavors that I like more than a few minutes.

BK_Malik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I vape mainly coffee blends and vanilla custards. There are times when I can no longer taste them. I'll swap over to a cinnamon blend for a while (which I can always taste). When I go back to the coffee blends or vanilla, I can taste them again. I only assume that the loss of taste is the constant exposure to the same flavors. Unfortunately, I haven't found any other types of flavors that I like more than a few minutes.

Thanks for the post carrielsal:)

carrielsal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Thanks for the post carrielsal:)
I've tried a lot of vanilla and vanilla custard blends. Most either taste like chemicals or the flavor is just lacking. The two that I think are really good are Bryce's Vanilla Creme Custard and Nicoticket's Custards Last Stand. Bryce's has a more intense flavor with maybe the nutmeg more pronounced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread