Anybody give up on Kayfun style RBA's

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesfarrell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2013
If this pic is any indication of what the channels should look like, no wonder mine is not working. Found this in another thread.

303275d1391739930-kayfun-lite-plus-black-clone-edition-2014-02-06_20-23-20.jpg

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
If this pic is any indication of what the channels should look like, no wonder mine is not working. Found this in another thread.

303275d1391739930-kayfun-lite-plus-black-clone-edition-2014-02-06_20-23-20.jpg

if your thinking your kayfuns channel is not deep enough it could be possible and would definitely contribute to dry hits. although I don't have one of my kayfuns apart at the moment, I do believe the channel(flat channel, not vertical channel) is cut to the 3rd thread down. i have been in the kayfun thread for many months and cant tell you how many times i have heard people say that their device was machined to shallow for that's the only reason why its not working. in the end it wasn't so, i don't think there was one device that was defective, but then again most weren't clones either. you can take a drill bit and kind of deepen the channels a little bit to see if it helps, many have done this to gain further wicking for higher wattages.

YuckMan

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2010
Minnesota
The channels in your original pictures do look a bit misaligned, but not that badly. As long as they connect, and the liquid can move through them, they don't need to be all that big. I would be leery about making them bigger with a clone that was machined that poorly, who knows what type of metal is laying under the surface.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
The channels in your original pictures do look a bit misaligned, but not that badly. As long as they connect, and the liquid can move through them, they don't need to be all that big. I would be leery about making them bigger with a clone that was machined that poorly, who knows what type of metal is laying under the surface.

good point, mystery metal.

petemoss

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
Queens, NY
if your thinking your kayfuns channel is not deep enough it could be possible and would definitely contribute to dry hits. although I don't have one of my kayfuns apart at the moment, I do believe the channel(flat channel, not vertical channel) is cut to the 3rd thread down. i have been in the kayfun thread for many months and cant tell you how many times i have heard people say that their device was machined to shallow for that's the only reason why its not working. in the end it wasn't so, i don't think there was one device that was defective, but then again most weren't clones either. you can take a drill bit and kind of deepen the channels a little bit to see if it helps, many have done this to gain further wicking for higher wattages.

I can see how having a deeper channel would help for higher power wicking. But I'd leave the vertical channels alone. If you put a drop of juice where the chimney base meets the channel, you can see the juice get sucked into the inner chamber where it will climb up the vertical channel. That capillary action helps to get juice up to the deck where your wick sits. The thinner the capillary tube, the higher the fluid will climb. I'm no engineer, but I think that's part of the design of these vacuum fed Kayfuns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread