Status
Not open for further replies.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Using an Aspire BDC on either my VTR or 134 I can vape up to and above 12 watts without getting that burned taste. Not exactly sure what the difference is, but compared to my Vamo V3, Innokin SVD, and LVT these two seem to provide a much smoother cleaner vape. The VTR goes to 15 watts. I didn't think I would ever like a box mod, but the VTR is a killer I love it.

The difference is that BDC (Bottom Dual Coils) run at roughly twice the power of single coils.

Miata GT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Largo, FL
Any recommendations for a regulated variable wattage device? Price not a concern really, just want quality.

Yes I do. I have the 134 and 134 Mini and like them both. I have used the Mini as an out and about device but the 134 stays at home or goes to vape meets...not a practical device but you would love using it.

My advice is to get an MVP2.0 from 101Vape. $42 shipped, lasts for days, and both vv and vw. I highly recommend the EHPRO KFL+ clones but until you're ready for building coils I would recommend the Nautilus Aspire, or the new Kanger Aero Mini or Maxi (these 2 only based on reviews, not personal experience).

livinlarge

Apr 25, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Yes I do. I have the 134 and 134 Mini and like them both. I have used the Mini as an out and about device but the 134 stays at home or goes to vape meets...not a practical device but you would love using it.

My advice is to get an MVP2.0 from 101Vape. $42 shipped, lasts for days, and both vv and vw. I highly recommend the EHPRO KFL+ clones but until you're ready for building coils I would recommend the Nautilus Aspire, or the new Kanger Aero Mini or Maxi (these 2 only based on reviews, not personal experience).

Thanks for the advice, in my original post lists off the mods i own already and yes I already own the MVP 2.0 (its awesome) also own the Kanger Aerotank. I'm quite interested in the KFL or the Russian.
I just love the looks of the both of the 134 models... Pretty cool.

livinlarge

Apr 25, 2014
Toronto, Canada
134 mini. I also get a burnt taste with clearos/cartos/PTs above 9 watts. I use my KF clone on it and it looks great and vapes fine up to 12.5 watts. IMO it is the coils/silica wicks in the tanks (specifically their wicking abilities) that cause the bad taste. I really don't see much advantage as you already own quality Innokin/Itaste products. A different mod at a higher wattage will give you the same results as your current mods at higher wattage. If it looks good and you want it, then do it. If you are trying to vape at a higher wattage without the bad taste you might need to consider different tanks/rba/rda and not a different mod.

After reading your advice on tanks I see how easy it is to do builds on RBA's like the Kayfun lite +. I will pick up a Kayfun lite+ ASAP and try it out... Looks awesome
Thanks

livinlarge

Apr 25, 2014
Toronto, Canada
I found a PBusardo Review that look at the differences between the Kayfun Lite, the Kayfun Lite+, and the Russian 98
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIAlr5dRohI

After looking into the Kayfun lite +, I will pick one up right away. I didn't realize how easy it was to do your own builds and making coils etc.
Thanks for the input. These look awesome...

livinlarge

Apr 25, 2014
Toronto, Canada
that may be a good decision. as long as you have a meter to check the resistance of your builds you'll be fine. I hope you enjoy your new toys.

Yes for sure, need the correct materials and testing equipment but after watching the "How To" videos on making these builds it is very straight forward ...
Thanks

Rey72

May 6, 2014
United States
I've had my Innokin 134 mini for a few days. A 18350 lasts me 5-6 hours ish a 18490 (few shops I checked around town didn't have a 18500) I get maybe another hour or two. I'm using the tank it came with a iClear x.l- not a fan it leaks, it floods, it's a pain in the ..., an Aspire Nautilus, or a Eleaf BCC. I hardly notice any difference in my battery life with either tanks. My battery AW 18490 3.7V 1100mAh (4.1WH) or a Efest IMR 18350 3.7V 800mAh. Are there better, longer lasting batteries I could be using? I use the lowest setting generally on the vap and still my Itaste vv prolly lasts an hour or two longer than anything I'm using now in my 134 mini. Any suggestions are welcome. I'm fairly new at this and I'm learning as I go.

Sent from my HTC One SV using Tapatalk

GPC2012

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Reedley Ca
I have to agree.... I like the iTaste VTR also. Pretty cool box mod, that is on my list of mods to pick up
get a set of dumbbells first, you will need to build up your arm strength, it weighs a ton. I think that's part of the reason I like it, it just seems so substantial in your hand.

GPC2012

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Reedley Ca
I have to agree.... I like the iTaste VTR also. Pretty cool box mod, that is on my list of mods to pick up

On a whim the other day I put the I 30s that comes with the VTR on it and WOW, I wish I had been using this all along. I can vape it up to 13.5 watts and it makes the other two tanks seem like nothing. I had caramel cream in it the other day and half way across the room my dog starts sniffing the air and is up and looking for whoever has the goodie. It was hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread