ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2011
Northwest Ohio
Just opened it up, and took a few shots:
20130111_093652.jpg 20130111_095453.jpg 20130111_095536.jpg 20130111_095818.jpg

1st: It comes all apart.
2nd: Next to a ProVari.
3rd: AnyVape CVI
4th: Inside control unit with top cap removed. (bottom looks similar)

1st impression, its light, but you see my other PV. I put a mostly dead battery in it and tested it out. Menu is pretty much self explanatory, keep pressing until (4 times?) you see setting, press more until you get to what you want to change. Wait, then it switches to the item and you can change it.
1: power/voltage up
2: power/voltage down
3: lock atomize (??)
4: Battery voltage (displays current battery voltage)
5: LCD display (choices are Battery, voltage/power, and res(istance)) you see this every time you press the fire button.
6: LCD on/off
7: VP& Model (Choices are power, and voltage)

So far so good, but there are 2 things i noticed that are weird. When taking a hit, you let off and it keeps firing for about 1/2 a second. The other is that on my carto, I can hear it pulsing when its firing. Also it comes with no instructions, but I didn't need them. Now for the good part, when set to the same voltage as my ProVari on the same carto, the hit feels the same. I would also like to note that this is on a partially changed battery. I couldn't wait to test it!

Last edited:

Adam the Aussie

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2011
Australia
So far so good, but there are 2 things i noticed that are weird. When taking a hit, you let off and it keeps firing for about 1/2 a second. The other is that on my carto, I can hear it pulsing when its firing. Also it comes with no instructions, but I didn't need them. Now for the good part, when set to the same voltage as my ProVari on the same carto, the hit feels the same. I would also like to note that this is on a partially changed battery. I couldn't wait to test it!
The Vamo does the same thing, keeps firing for half a second after button release, and makes a stuttering sound rather than a hissing sound when firing a carto. It's not an issue for me, I got used to it pretty quick. The menu looks to be like a ProVari set up? Not sure I'm overly keen on that, especially after using the vamo. Everything else looks the goods! I might hold out for the 18350 tube though.

wseternmd

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2012
westernport, md
The sound you hear from your cardo is perfectly normal. The difference or the reason for the sound is the frequency that it fires (the pulse) The Zmax VAMO and the AnyVape CVI all appear to fire in the 30 - 40 mhz, very low which is why you hear it. While the ProVari eGo Twist and many others fire in the 800 mhz range. It does not hurt a thing just takes a while to get used to the new sound.

Glad to hear all you guys like your new UNITS lol.

vape Hard Life is Short.

Josh

Scott2Quit

Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Springfield, Mo
I'm having a problem with mine.

I put a Vivi Nova on it, and it was fine for awhile. Now when I try to hit it it keeps displaying ohms going up and down, won't pull at all.

It works fine with other atty's. I realize that this is a new device, but anyone experience anything similar with similar devices? It's like it's trying to detect the resistance and not firing because it can't figure it out.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
People sometimes have problems with vivi novas on other devices. I'm assuming this is a genuine Vision vivi nova. Firstly check that the vivi head is tightly screwed on to the vivi centre post - they sometimes may become a bit loose if you've removed the top cap for a refill, because they have been unscrewed a little by accident. or they weren't screwed on tightly enough to start with. This goives a no ohms or off ohms reading.

WolfieNuke

Jan 16, 2012
New York
I'm having a problem with mine.

I put a Vivi Nova on it, and it was fine for awhile. Now when I try to hit it it keeps displaying ohms going up and down, won't pull at all.

It works fine with other atty's. I realize that this is a new device, but anyone experience anything similar with similar devices? It's like it's trying to detect the resistance and not firing because it can't figure it out.

I received my CVI last weekend (probably one of the first few to be delivered since I live a few towns away from their location), and have used it with two Vivi Nova 2.5's, carto-tanks, DID Genesis, a Smoktech R-Tank (with stainless steel mesh and silica hybrid wick), and regular carts. I have had no issues with any of them at all. I have been using it extensively between the Vivi Nova and R-Tank and there have been no post connection issues.

I have had some problems with the Anyvape CVI.

The devices all sit slightly uneven with the top of the mod, but it is barely noticeable and does not affect it's operation.

The LCD has stopped responding (stays blank) randomly, but the device continues to work. Removing and replacing the battery cap resolves this issue, which happens to me a couple of times each day.

Most settings are saved when replacing the battery, except LCD Display setting. It defaults back to Output Voltage.
Also, when switching between voltage and power modes, only power setting is retained. Voltage setting reverts back to 3.0V. This appears to be a safety feature.

There is the rattlesnake sound which is due to the slow (33Hz) duty cycle from the PWM circuitry. It is barely noticeable on my R-Tank when inhaling. It would have been nice to adjust this to a higher frequency, but I believe the circuitry is probably exactly the same as the VAMO, with an upgraded display.

While ICR batteries seem to be discouraged with APV's, I have used them with the CVI for a short time with no issues, but with low voltage settings (<4.5v) and only down to 3.7v battery voltage. IMR batteries work fantastic with no noticeable decrease in VTF. I have not verified the low voltage cutoff yet.

Overall, I absolutely love the CVI. I have been using a mechnical mod for quite some time before coincide ring an APV, and I am not disappointed with my decision to buy the CVI. There are always issued with a first generation mod, but the $50 price tag more than reasonable for an APV with these features

Hope you resolve your issue...

Last edited:

Fiamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
So Calif
I got 2 CVI's last week. Both are using AW IMR button tops, but will use flat tops, I just don't have many flat tops. I've used a carto tank on them and dripped on them so far. Nice deep well. I have a 510 to 901 adapter on them now and use a drip shield with a 901p.

I'm pretty impressed, and I own Provaris. They are lighter than I'm used to for a mod this size but that's not a detriment. I love the colors ( I got red and hot pink), the fact that you can swap tubes between large and small and that they come totally apart for cleaning. I like the fact they they are totally RMS and I got them to use on the variable wattage side. I like the one button menu, used to that from the Provaris, I like the fact that they don't lose their settings using vw when you change batteries. These are very nice devices and dirt cheap too boot.

A definite bonus is that if you own Ego MOD tubes the control head will screw into them and fire just fine as well ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread