Are DeKang liquids getting re-branded or is it just the bottles???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombenhagel

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2010
Nowhere
Yeah, they are both 24mg; 10ml DeKang "Black DJ Clove" and 30ml "Clove Black" from Revolver!

I even wrote a lengthy review for Revolver... Son of a .....!

I don't know which direction I'm supposed to take the thread in now as had been commented upon, but I read through to here, and sure enough, the 30ml Revolver e-liquids Clove Black bottle cap has the letters YNDK right on there...

It's almost imperceptible but if you hold it just right...

I checked any similar-style bottles I have, which aren't many. I did notice that 10ml Heaven Gifts branded bottles do NOT have the DKNY (!) stamped into the caps, but rather the caps are smooth all the way around.

I started this thread just because I knew as soon as I got a 10ml ampule of Black DJ Clove with my last shipment from HG to try it out that I was puffing the exact same juice as I purchased 3 weeks earlier from Revolver.

No one told me it was original. I have tried out most clove juices after vaping a month. It's not like I was dipsy-doodled, it's just that I hate buying from a middleman. I thought someone at Revolver made a valiant effort to please my taste. No, dude. It was a team of Chinese scientists. This guy is just taking his cut. That's what's getting to me.

Thread closed. I got the info I wanted. Thanks to all who contributed clues.

CONCLUSIONS:

1. The letters "YNDK" stamped on the childproof caps occurring on known DeKang nicotine concentrations and bottle styles is a compelling enough body of evidence to consider any liquid sold by a third party to be simply re-branded DeKang. I understand this may not be the law in all cases.

2. In any event, Revolver Clove Black e-liquid is 100% Chinese made, and there's a lot more where that came from...

3. TastyVapor Kretek is the best clove juice I've had so far, and it appears to be an original concoction. Points.

RevolverRep

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Toledo, OH
www.revolvercig.com
We actually never claimed to make our own liquid, although we have had flavors custom made for us and asked that they fix a few flavors here and there. But also we have never been asked by customers either. Of course we also don't make claims to have better liquid than anyone else. And I feel that our prices are fair. It is impossible to trust USA liquid 100% right now and therefore we will not be selling it. With no FDA guidelines set, that means no health inspected and approved facilities for mixing... at least that is something that Dekang had. I'm sure there are some suspicious Chinese vendors out there but until now Dekang has always done their best to be safe. The reason I say until now is that since the company broke up, the new people running it let the quality go down the crapper. We are officially done with Dekang and have found a new supplier. We will post their certificates and ingredients on our site when we start selling their liquid. But just because we sell Dekang eLiquid doesn't necessarily make us a "middleman" unless customers can buy from Dekang directly. But if you do look at it that way, then nearly every single US supplier(minus the guys who build mods) is a middle man. They buy their kits or liquid from China, then resell it to the buyer. Usually the only way to buy direct, is to buy minimum quantities that total in the thousand dollar range. If you are able to buy 1 kit from China, you are dealing with a middle man. So us, the supplier, buy the large quantities for you, and resell them so that you can afford them and buy as many as you want. Of course some suppliers out there feel the need to jack up the prices extremely high, but we do our best to keep prices down. I promise you I have not made a single penny yet from this and it has almost been a year. But the reason is because every penny gets reinvested back into the business so we can grow. The more we grow the better we can do for you. I have to work a real job for half the day, then do Revolver work for the other half, every day of the week. I also have to pay people to keep orders moving while I am at work. So it can get kinda depressing that other people are making money and I am not, but my heart is in it hoping that I can make this full time one day. Since we took the brand name approach to this, of course we are going to make nice labels for the products that we sell. It shouldn't seem like anyone was taken because we have never claimed that it was homemade. Only USA liquids are homemade and if the site you buy from does not say USA liquid, then it is made by a Chinese scientist. It is very easy to feel like you are buying from a middleman because ecigs are the only manufactured products I can think of in which the customers are so well informed on the actual Chinese manufacturers, to the point where they almost feel like the manufacturers are really the suppliers. However if you bought a Revolver eLiquid from a different site other than our own, THEN you would be dealing with a middleman.

RevolverRep

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Toledo, OH
www.revolvercig.com
LOL. You can maybe change the cap but you won't be able to hide the taste of the new Dekang liquid. The reason the company split is because half of the owners wanted to save money by cutting corners and the other half didn't agree with that. So they left and Dekang brought in the rest of their family to help keep the place running. Family as in untrained there's going to be alot of mistakes. We couldn't have dropped them fast enough. We still have some Old School Dekang liquids to sell off before will celebrate the new stuff.

ab357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Chgo., IL.
As soon as I saw you had posted while I was writing mine, I just knew you'd think it was directed to you. ;) However it wasn't. I've checked the bottles I figured I was DK to check for the stamping and sure enough there it is. Except for that one clever company that recaps their bottles and are currently selling juice stamped produced **/**/2009; expires **/**/2011.

I don't "think" I've actually visited your site as of yet.

juicefreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2009
Oklahoma
i agree Revolver. something has definitely changed with Dekang and i won't buy a dekang label again. they screwed their ry4 recipe so bad, it's nothing like the original.

you should have no problem selling off your old stock if you advertise it as original dekang good stuff! i swear to gawd, some of that was great. the new stuff? eww.

sorry you're not making the profits you hoped for. i've never bought from you, but i wish you well. Rob at goodprophets is one of the best models for success. he runs sales, has decent shipping prices, contests, and gets a LOT of repeat business.

in my book, you're a stand up guy for coming on the thread and explaining to the OP about the juice. most of us know the fancy labels are just rebranded. as you said, very few custom blends. I agree with you on the USA juices. I prefer a chinese lab for the same reasons.

Last edited by a moderator:

RevolverRep

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Toledo, OH
www.revolvercig.com
sorry you're not making the profits you hoped for. i've never bought from you, but i wish you well. Rob at goodprophets is one of the best models for success. he runs sales, has decent shipping prices, contests, and gets a LOT of repeat business.

No worries though man, i might not be making any profit, but the company is doing very good. I am just not paying myself yet.

Last edited:

RevolverRep

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Toledo, OH
www.revolvercig.com
As soon as I saw you had posted while I was writing mine, I just knew you'd think it was directed to you. ;) However it wasn't. I've checked the bottles I figured I was DK to check for the stamping and sure enough there it is. Except for that one clever company that recaps their bottles and are currently selling juice stamped produced **/**/2009; expires **/**/2011.

I don't "think" I've actually visited your site as of yet.

No worries on that either. I didn't think you meant me. I thought it was funny because you really won't be able to trick anyone, the taste sucks now. We have enough integrity not to try anything that stupid. Therefore it doesn't even cross my mind of being accused of that. To me, it just seems like it would take too much effort to do all that, especially if they are ordering as many bottles as us.

Vaporologist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2010
Epic Journey
Based on my personal experience, I don't understand how anyone could be disappointed and/or feel mislead after doing business with Revolver. You are a phone call or an email away from getting honest answers to your questions.

While some companies try to profit by marking-up shipping costs, Revolver ships any order over $20 for free. That means that I can get two 30ml bottles for under $28 delivered! IMO, $0.47 per ml with free shipping is pretty good deal.

Even though Revolver's hardware is not suited for my vaping needs, I have purchased their 555 and Mrlbro liquids a few times.I was curious where the liquid comes from and getting the answer was very simple. I called and spoke with a real person who informed me that the liquid is made by Dekang. Personally, I was happy to hear that since I prefer using liquids made in a clean, sterile, controlled "laboratory" environment rather than thinking that I'm getting liquid made in someone's kitchen somewhere in Michigan.

Great looking website, great quality products, great customer service, great prices... What's there to complain about, seriously.

mini_art

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2010
Florida USA
I see nothing to complain about, however I do think that the companies selling Dekang liquid under thier own brand names should state clearly and in a comspicouse place that the liquids are made by Dekang.
This would eliminate confusion when companies relable liquids that they are not producing them selves.
I personally do not like Dekang in any form. It is major annoying to look for liquids and never know if the vender is simply relabeling Dekang or not.

IVapus

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2010
atlanta
I see nothing to complain about, however I do think that the companies selling Dekang liquid under thier own brand names should state clearly and in a comspicouse place that the liquids are made by Dekang.
This would eliminate confusion when companies relable liquids that they are not producing them selves.
I personally do not like Dekang in any form. It is major annoying to look for liquids and never know if the vender is simply relabeling Dekang or not.

LOL. I'm not sure how much you've thought this through, but the way you word this it makes sound like there needs to be a "Scarlet D" on every bottle of Dekang sold or resold. What about vendors re-selling e-liquid from other Chinese sources? What about those re-selling e-liquid from other US suppliers? What if a portion of the supplies that go into their USA mixes come from China? I'm all for disclosure, but I can't see a policy that in effect only requires vendors to clearly label products they resell from sources that I don't personally like. It would need to be a little more coherent and unbiased than that in my opinion.

RevolverRep

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Toledo, OH
www.revolvercig.com
I guess the thought never crossed my mind to say that it is Dekang, seeing that 90% of our customers don't even know what Dekang is. Secondly being that I have never heard of a company listing their manufacturer on their products when they don't make them on their own. An example would be bottled water. The companies that make the bottled water are like the Chinese manufacturers of ecig products. Then a company like walmart will come along and buy x amount of bottles but put their labels on them. Walmart is the supplier. But also Meijer can come along and also buy x amount. They are also a supplier. And many other places do the same thing. So all of these places are selling the same water, and nobody really cares who made the water. But customers know they can also get Dasani water, who makes their own, but also focus specifically on bottle water. That is their product. Meijer doesn't focus on selling just bottle water so it doesn't matter if they make it themselves. And they call it Meijer brand water, even though it is made by another company. Same with the ecig industry. MsT is like the Dasani because they specialize in eLiquid that they make themselves. We are the Meijer. We only sell eLiquid to compliment our kits. But that doesn't mean that we don't care about the quality. We do want to have the best that we can get. Like I mentioned we quit Dekang because they dropped their quality. But we certainly don't have a Revolver factory somewhere making the stuff. Unfortunately the hardest crowd to please are the forum crowds. It is because they have access to all levels of information regarding this industry. It isn't a bad thing it just is the modern way of new business. All of these new ways will take some time to get used to, but in the meantime there will be people who still feel like the manufacturers are actually suppliers, and that we are just middlemen. If this were the old ways, nobody would know who Dekang was except the actual suppliers. The one thing that does surprise me however is that the people who do have access to all of this information on these forums, would think there were many non US eliquid manufacturers out there to choose from. Even ecig manufacturers like Smoore use Dekang liquid. But they don't tell you that. They tell you it is theirs. You have Dekang. Then maybe 2 other good ones. Anything else is suspicious and wouldn't make you feel safe about using their products. Dekang might not be the best tasting liquid, but you can trust them.

qwertylesh

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2010
Australia
for Americans, such a distribution channel is very beneficial, as you've stated, your business serves a purpose, pretty much a stock buffer, where you can stock in large quantities of ejuice, allowing your customers to buy from a closer source or benefit on overall lower prices due to bulk ordering without them actually having to buy bulk, things like that, and also the fact that as a distributor you can feedback to the manufacturer on the most prevalent issues regarding juice flavoring and what not.

For me on the other hand, not living in the states, I have really no desire of buying dekang outside of china, its just more time for juice to stagnate, higher cost for shipping, and the layer of quality control may be of benefit but not for the difference of price compared to me buying right from china.

I suppose there are pros and cons, if i were in such a country where I could buy ejuice with nic from somewhere locally, I would due to many reasons much as whats listed at the start of this post. What I guess im getting at is theres a place for us juice companies not actually doing any manufacturing, and even for these businesses only rebranding/QC'ing juice acting as part a distribution channel, theres still a demand there and an opportunity to establish a good business :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread