Are there any stores you can buy USP Grade VG from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just curious, I have looked and looked and looked, and there are places all over the internet I can buy USP Grade Vegetable Glycerin from, which is great, but I was wondering is there any USP Grade VG in a local store that anyone knows of? Like Wal Mart Wal Greens etc. Personally I would like to buy probably a Gallon. But prefer not to pay shipping. I have seen some threads of ppl using Humco glycerin from walmart, some say its ok, some say it makes them sick. I would prefer it to be USP Grade VG so that I can know that its safe. I may have to buy it online, but I really hope not. Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thank ya'll so much! God Bless and Keep you! :)) ~Katie~

UntamedRose

PV Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
Homeish now
You *might* be able to find some at a health food store around you...lot of folks use this in making soaps and lotions. But I'd call before going to the store.

Other wise..it's available online I'm using the NOW brand..
Vegetable Glycerine 100% Pure Versatile Skin Care from NOW on sale. Find information about NOW
USP Grade Vegetable Glycerin - Google Search

Thank ya! I will try to call around I again. I have called a couple of places, and they didnt have any. If they did, it wasnt USP grade, but I will try again! Thanks so much for your info hun! God Bless and keep you! :)) ~Katie~

Okie dokie thank you all for the info! I am gonna try to find some, my mom works at wal mart , so I am gonna see if she can pick me up some of the HUmco, if it makes me sick, well then I will know not to use it anymore, lol. Then i will try the kind from Micheals or go online and get it! Thanks again everyone! God Bless and have a great weekend! :)) ~Katie~

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan
Yes, you can get Glycerin at Walmart. You can find it on the shelf above the rubbing alcohol products (usually). It comes in a 6 ounce bottle (177mL) for $3.00. It's a clear bottle, with a white label, navy blue text, and red on the label. If it's not on the shelf above the rubbing alcohol in the pharmacy section, look in the Band-Aid/Calamine Lotion aisle. That's what I've been using for VG. Works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread