Are these OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mstbleu

Nov 26, 2013
Tampa, FL
Hi all, I've been trying my hand at making my own juice after tumbling to these nifty little 5ml bottles from Fasttech. Oddly enough, these bottles are cheaper than their other bottles with the long plastic nose. They are perfect for DIY experiments (they're even graduated!) and for dispensing juice into your clearo, protank or whatever.

As I've now accumulated quite a store of TFA flavorings I was wondering if these bottles would be safe to store my flavorings in? They are hella convenient little drippers, and it wouldn't take much to figure out how many drops equal 1ml. Is anyone else using these bottles for storing their concentrates in?

fasttechbottle.JPG

lvm111

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Wylie, Texas
I am still a big proponent of using syringes for measuring out my diy liquids - it is too easy to get distra SQUIRREL!!!! and that is why you don't want to use batteries with fire in the name.

DJ, what's your thoughts on using a balance for making juice by weight, Vis à Vis using pipettes/syringes for making juice by volume? And lets say you were just starting now, with no equipment, and a really nice balance is only $106. So that all you would need to buy, for now and forever, is the balance and disposable transfer pipettes (which are cheap). Thanks.

best regards, larry mac

generic mutant

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
UK
Plastics can leech and O2 can also pass. So overall I would personally say "no go" on storing flavors and give the deference to glass. However, I like needle points bottles also and bought a ten-pack for short-term "on the go." Enjoy!

Particularly with concentrated flavouring, I'd be worried about it chemically attacking the plastic over long periods.

I'd prefer glass, given the option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread