Are you prepared for a higher end device?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarvelMyxer

Jan 8, 2015
Franklin, IN
Yesterday I learned a valuable lesson that I hope I can pass on to other that are not pros but plan to make future purchases to avoid the situation I foun d myself in.

Here is what I have picked up thus far...I started with a Kanger EVOD ego pen, it was compact, fit in a pen pocket on an army uniform and got me off analogs. But something was missing for me (my wife is still perfectly content with this device.) I wanted more vapor...I went into the local shop and they sold me a VV EVOD twist II which I came to find out is a knock off of something apparently nicer...but it was ok. The VV made it so I could turn up the heat a little and get a little more vapor, it was ok. I still wanted more. So I went back and they sold me a Kanger Protank 2. bigger, better, a little more airflow, same coil, a little more vapor....it was ok. I then added the air flow control to my PT2 and it made a big difference, lots more airflow, good vapor production, it was seriously OK!

All the while through this whole process I was making my own juice and cooking it up to the tune of 12% nic, and a 60/40 vg heavy blend.

NOW comes the lesson...when you get out of the OK stuff and into the GOOD stuff you need to be ready, or you will be heading back to the shop or back to the internet to make emergency purchases. Or like me you will be setting there at your desk going through recipes trying to find one that doesn't require a steep so you can have something to put in your tank.

I purchased an Eleaf Istick 30w, and an Aspire Atlantis. Got them from the mailbox, took them in, took everything apart (practice) put it all back together, dumped in some of my favorite DIY juice, started to take this monster drag so I could fill the living room with beautiful vapor like I saw on youtube...........got about 1.5 seconds into this monster hit and coughed up a lung becaused i didnt know that those monster hits take some getting used to and realized that my once favorite Incredible Hulk juice was now a disgusting mint explosion that I would shun others for recommending to me...(Hope you guys didn't have the same experience with my recipes...if so I am sorry) I took a couple more hits to try and see if maybe something was wrong and realized I had another issue...3 draws and only one of which was a good one and I was getting my ... kicked by some gradeschool nicotine kids....

I was at the desk all night trying different things, mixing different juice and I realized that I could literally cut my flavors and nic content IN HALF....AND GET THE SAME FLAVOR AND NICOTINE SATISFACTION i WAS BEFORE...but with the beautiful puffy rain clouds of vapor I wanted.

So, in closing. If you are going to jump from a Protank, ego, (even aerotank as I hear)...be ready, research and dont make the same mistake I did.:facepalm:

vapero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
monterrey,mexico
most vapers tend to cut their nic when getting an upgrade... but not me I've always been "the more the better" type I started with 24mg on evods and egos, went to 18mg as it was a bit hard to get the flavor I wanted at 24. then I progresed to mech mods, drippers and sub ohm tanks and still using my 18mg and love it. every one in a while when a "experienced vaper" takes a vape from my setup tends to cough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread