are you trying many new flavors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

txgrin

Dec 11, 2012
Kerrville Texas
I wish I could enjoy different flavors. After reading reviews, I tried virgin vapors, Carolina vapors, the cape dudes and I think one for totally wicked capes. I found that I only like Malibu menthol from halo. It seems like it would be easier to not be dependent on one vendor. Does anyone else have such a narrow flavor window?

Sent from my LG-C800 using Tapatalk 2

Brattain

Verified Member
Sep 30, 2012
San Joaquin Valley
Well, to tell you the truth, I'm sort of the opposite... I tend to like just about everything (though there have been a few that I really didn't take to). Maybe the thing for you would be to find a vendor with samples or low prices to try a wide variety of flavors. I haven't found anyone to beat Mt. Baker Vapor for price, but I tend to get the 50ml bottles because I just can't seem to pass up the better value. Also, keep an eye out for discount codes and sales.

Brattain

Verified Member
Sep 30, 2012
San Joaquin Valley
I ordered 8x 30 ml bottles and a sample pack (7x 6 ml) for a grand total of 282 mls. At the rate I vape, I figure I have about a 6 month's supply. Is that too much?

I don't think it's too much. Many people allow their juice to "steep" with the expectation that the flavor will mature over time and exposure to air. I don't recall the vendor, but one of them posted on another forum recently that they believe their juice is good for at least a year. I doubt there has been any definitive study on the subject. Unless you notice something off about it, I wouldn't worry.

mastahvic

Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
So Cal
Past 2 months I managed to purchase 21 different bottles of 10-30ml and a couple 60ml bottles from different vendors online. I only managed to enjoy a couple flavors so far, will put the other flavors aside to see if steeping will make them better. It's all hit or miss with buying juices online. Everyone has their own taste buds and preferences, so what I hate, others may enjoy.

Strigoi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2010
Martinez, CA
I've tried a bunch of vendors and stick with Mt. Baker Vapor now. Like previously mentioned, their price for a 50ml bottle is great. I always try to order a 15ml of something new when I put in an order with them. They also throw in random sampler if you buy a few bottles. I found one of my daily vapes (Extreme Ice) thanks to them doing that.

jimmyh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
Niagara Falls NY
Between black friday and now I have received 45 flavors to try. They range from 3ml to 6ml. I may like 10 out of the batch, 3 I really love. I have tried them with and without nic, varied the pg/vg. Well on the bright side my step daughter will be home for xmas so I will let her have the ones I didn't care for. Now I have a couple of places to order from the ones I like, Mrvape and Mt. Baker Vapor.

bearyhot

Jul 16, 2011
Scottsdale, Arizona
I've had really good luck with DFW Vapor. In fact, since trying about 10 different vendors, I've settled on them since I don't do DIY. I think that they have great juices and although the price is $14.00 for 30ml, it's worth it. $6.00 for 10 mls and that's how I try new flavors. I got a wild hair and decided to get 30mls of a juice that I had never tried before because it was only $8.00 for 30mls and I love it so much, it may be one of my faves. It's called Sour Grape and it tastes exactly like a grape Jolly Rancher. The watermelon is also amazing. If you like dessert, candy and fruit juices, you'd really love this company. I don't even have to steep their product, although letting them steep, DOES make them taste even better. They have one tobacco flavor that I like called Broadstreet. It's supposed to be like Marlboro, but it doesn't taste like that to me....just a sweet, mellow tobacco-y flavor. If you have any questions about other flavors, I'm happy to tell you about my experiences with them. I try to write a review about every flavor that I get from them, to help other potential buyers. The reviews really helped me :) And no, I have no affiliation with them, I just love their juices....

DrApex

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
Raleigh NC
This really is a great forum.

As far as liquids, I tend to try a new liquid by buying the biggest bottle they sell. The devil on my shoulder says "its only a couple dollars more, it'll be a good deal!"

This is always a bad idea, by the way. I have hundreds of mls of eliquid I don't like now.

I guess I get suckered in to the descriptions and swipe the credit card. Maybe there is a 12 step program for people like me.

Do you have a local store? Usually, they have flavors out for tasting. This is a way better idea than randomly ordering from online stores.

burnmatoaka

Verified Member
Dec 8, 2012
Montana
I have spent so much money on large volumes of black friday juice I've never tried. I'm still waiting on most of the orders, but I can say that the 4 30ml bottles from Mt. Baker were all winners; Blue Ice, Butterscotch, EctoCooler, and Chocolate Tobacco... the sample of Black Tea they threw in was... interesting. The few from ecigexpress were mostly meh, but they were stupid cheap and got here first so they did the trick.

jimmyh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
Niagara Falls NY
The problem is that taste is so subjective, what I like others may not. Not a bad idea about trying out a local store as long as their pricing is line with the competition. I know my one local store charges about 1 1/2 time what I can get it for online. The other problem is that from one place to the next the taste can be different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread