Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottes

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Boston, MA
scottesrum.com
Last weekend my wife and I decided to give e-cigs a chance to help us quit analogs. After tons of research here, I figured we needed 510s with plenty of spares and charging devices.

By the time I listed all the gear and necessary devices, I found that I had to get things from different places. Most of the stuff - 510s, chargers, attys, batts, pass-thrus, juice, etc, etc - came from one place. But they didn't have PCCs, so they were ordered from another place, and I tossed in some 24mg juice since the strongest I had ordered from the first place was 16mg.

Then I started reading about the possible side-effects of PG, I decided to order some VG, just in case PG had adverse affects. More e-store searching ensued, and I found a place that had VG and a 510 kit with a *purple* PCC. My wife is nuts about purple, so I ordered it along with some VG.

Yesterday, we received 2 of the three packages we ordered. Guess which package didn't arrive? Yep, the big one with all the 510 gear.

Luckily, that 510 purple PCC kit did come. But the only chargers we had were USB, and that one battery seemed to take forever to charge off USB, even though the PCCs charged quickly.

I searched here, trying to figure out how long a new battery took to charge on USB. I didn't find anything definitive. But I knew that battery had to fully charge to properly condition it.

Two hours later I remembered that we had 6 more batts on the way, and I could afford to "lose" one due to improper conditioning.

We fired up the solitary 510 with some 24mg Marl - we're both Red smokers - and got through the metallic taste of a new atty. Interesting. Not bad at all. We passed that single 510 between us for a while.

We then tried out the almond VG juice. Even better! Tasty!

After an hour and a half, it was time for me to hit the sack, so we had a "real" cigarette as my wife called it.

Um, kinda, well, not so good.

After 1.5 hours sharing a PV, the analog didn't taste as good as it once did. It was quite a change between almond vapor and burnt leaf chemical Marlboros.

But here I am in the AM, getting ready to go to work, and I'm puffing an analog and chain-hacking the morning cough. My wife will get to use the 510 for the day, and I'll make my workday with analogs.

Hopefully the other package will arrive today. And hopefully the batteries will be fully charged by the time I get home.

Wish me luck.

Good luck, and congrats on finding a liquid that so quickly changed your palate for analogs! Lol. Also, where on earth did you find a purple PCC? I ordered a red one with my kit, because my only other option was silver or straight blue. [Black was out of stock.] I would kill for adore a dark green or purple PCC! *kicks self in pants*

laurieok

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2009
Ohio
Good luck, and congrats on finding a liquid that so quickly changed your palate for analogs! Lol. Also, where on earth did you find a purple PCC? I ordered a red one with my kit, because my only other option was silver or straight blue. [Black was out of stock.] I would kill for adore a dark green or purple PCC! *kicks self in pants*

The widow has purple pcc's

Scottes

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Boston, MA
scottesrum.com
good luck..............and li-ion batteries have no memory. I've conditioned and not conditioned several sets over the last 3 mos. No difference
That's what I read on a battery site, so that's what finally made me stop waiting. Thanks for the confirmation.

Also, where on earth did you find a purple PCC? I ordered a red one with my kit, because my only other option was silver or straight blue. [Black was out of stock.] I would kill for adore a dark green or purple PCC! *kicks self in pants*

libertyelectroniccigarettes - dot- com (can't post a URL yet)

Blue, red, purple, gray - oops, looks like we got the last purple one. Sorry!
Good price, too - PCC, batt, atty, 3 empty carts for $37. And *very* fast shipping.

OMG...the next morning I hacked and hacked like I used to.
I won't miss this morning ritual!

libertyelectroniccigarettes - dot- com (can't post a URL yet)

Blue, red, purple, gray - oops, looks like we got the last purple one. Sorry!
Good price, too - PCC, batt, atty, 3 empty carts for $37. And *very* fast shipping.

Well, damn. Lol. But, thank you for the info! And, thank you as well, Laurieok. :) Either way, I'm stuck with the red one for now, but I like red too, so it's okay. I'll be more investigative of options the next time I find myself ordering one, though.

Twisted

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2009
Hagerstown, MD
You'll be good to go soon enough! I quit the day my (1) 510 kit showed up in the mail and all I had was a bottle of 16mg strawberry for a week! it was all heaven gifts had in stock at the time.

Your already 100% more organized than I was/am, so you guys will be fine.

Get your self some VG and cut that PG stuff you have, that's one of the best thing that I found and now I can enjoy all the flavors PG base stuff have to offer.

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
I got my first PV yesterday at 10am, and had 3 cigs before then and bedtime at 11pm. I haven't had a cig today, and I've been up for 5 hours. Don't even have a craving for one. My Janty Stick is working well (after some trial and error on my part), and my 510 should be in my mailbox within an hour or two. I'm hoping my shipment from Healthcabin arrives today, too... that way I'll have some flavored juice other than tobacco.

It's going a lot easier than I thought it would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread