Aromamizer RDTA by Steam Crave

Status
Not open for further replies.

alwayskashed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2012
wv
So I read parts of the thread and it seems like I am the only one with this problem. Picked up my aromamizer from longhorn a few weeks ago. I have tried a few different clapton builds and the problem doesn't go away. When I screw in the base/vdeck to the ohm reader or mod it will read ohms correctly until it gets screwed in all the way. At that point in time the ohms will go from .25 for the dual claptons down to .04. Also insulator looks fine as well.

Steve6181

Nov 24, 2015
Delaware - US
So I read parts of the thread and it seems like I am the only one with this problem. Picked up my aromamizer from longhorn a few weeks ago. I have tried a few different clapton builds and the problem doesn't go away. When I screw in the base/vdeck to the ohm reader or mod it will read ohms correctly until it gets screwed in all the way. At that point in time the ohms will go from .25 for the dual claptons down to .04. Also insulator looks fine as well.

Are you getting a short? if the coils are touching the side of the chimney, or one of them is, which is what it sounds like, that will happen.

alwayskashed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2012
wv
Is the 510 pin protruding past the threads? If not your short could be there and only appears when you have it tightened.
It does protrude a little bit, I have noticed though that if I unscrew it out some and then put it on the mod/ohm reader when I take it back off the pin has gone in some and is not where I left it.

Flaskmaster

Oct 27, 2015
Wisconsin
Maybe that is defective. Mine is tight and protrudes noticeably and effectively. It could be the insulator is bad or squished down allowing the 510 to be too far in and cause the positive pin in the mod to contact the threads and the positive. Make sure the deck is tight to the base too as the 510 positive pin is part of the deck.

If all is tight then maybe Longhorn will work with you. I do not see the insulator on the SC web site as a separate item, just the two deck styles as a complete assembly:

RDTA 2-post Deck,Aromamizer RDTA

http://shop.steamcrave.com/aromamizer-rdta-deck_p0871.html

alwayskashed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2012
wv
is the v deck screwed in tight to the base ? maybe it tilts the esembly a little to the side and shorts one of the coils to the chimney ?
Yea vdeck is screwed in tight into the base, then screwing it into ohm reader it read correct before it gets tightened in all the way. I did contact Longhorn I think it was wed of last week. They had me send them a video ( I did albeit potato quality) told them if I needed to do it again I would. So far no response, I am planning on giving them till Monday or Tuesday before I try and get back in touch with them.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
Does that happen on all builds? Have you tried a regular dual coil build on it?

alwayskashed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2012
wv
Does that happen on all builds? Have you tried a regular dual coil build on it?
I have not tried a regular build. I have used two sets of pre built claptons, and I have also wrapped another set of claptons. What would be the issue of clapton vs regular, as most of what I hear about in these things is people running claptons.

rolf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
spokane wa
can you duplicate the short with just the base screwed on the ohm meter ..without the chimney ?
maybe a fine wire from the Clapton not trimmed short and touching a post ? sometimes hard to see.
or the coil touching a post somewhere ?
can you try it on a different mod ?
or even try a simple coil ... if it still shorts look at a faulty unit ...just thinking out loud !

alwayskashed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2012
wv
can you duplicate the short with just the base screwed on the ohm meter ..without the chimney ?
maybe a fine wire from the Clapton not trimmed short and touching a post ? sometimes hard to see.
or the coil touching a post somewhere ?
can you try it on a different mod ?
or even try a simple coil ... if it still shorts look at a faulty unit ...just thinking out loud !
This is all just the base and vdeck not the rest of the tank. It does the same thing with the tank on it though.

Last edited:

duc916

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2012
Nor Cal
This is all just the base and vdeck not the rest of the tank. It does the same thing with the tank on it though.
Stick a layer of electrical tape inside the chimney (or around each coil), then screw it down. If the short goes away, you know it's the coil(s). I've never actually had to do this, because it's obvious enough with my eyes, as they are calibrated within .001". :D

Disclaimer: the tape is strictly for troubleshooting, not for vaping. That may seem obvious enough for everyone, but it's not. :blink:

Edit: it just occurred to me what you said, so forget that. Insulator broken?

Last edited:

alwayskashed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2012
wv
Stick a layer of electrical tape inside the chimney (or around each coil), then screw it down. If the short goes away, you know it's the coil(s). I've never actually had to do this, because it's obvious enough with my eyes, as they are calibrated within .001". :D

Disclaimer: the tape is strictly for troubleshooting, not for vaping. That may seem obvious enough for everyone, but it's not. :blink:

Edit: it just occurred to me what you said, so forget that. Insulator broken?
Insulator looks new. No cuts etc.. Its done this right out of the box.

ismokeinbinary

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
Kentucky
Hey everyone, any difference between the 3ml or 6 ml version aside from obviously holding more juice? This thing looks like exactly what I want.

Everyone says it's only the capacity that changes. The vapes are close to identical. But after having the 6ml for a few months I would not want the 3ml, I'd be refilling four or five times a day. Btw, the black version comes out around Dec 1st, so you might want to wait a few days if you're into black tanks.

Reactions: DanJiblets
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread