Aromamizer RDTA by Steam Crave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beeker

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2015
Oklahoma
Little late to the game, but i just got the Aromamizer the other day, with velocity deck, and so far so good... i think. This is my first venture beyond subtank minis. Just one question. Is it normal for there to be juice under the airflow band, or is this considered leaking? Whenever i think of my experiences with tanks leaking it's 'OH GOD ITS EVERYWHERE', and not 'is that juice under the airflow...?'
I just want to know if im doing something wrong, or if thats just how this tank is. Lol. Thanks in advance.
Mine does that too occasionally, especially with thinner store bought juices after it warms up a bit. With my thicker mixes it's extremely infrequent. My only other issue is an annoying 'pop', but I think it's because I use too much wick on top of the coil. Not a real problem just startling sometimes...:eek:

Reactions: Nikomas89

Landman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2015
Central AR
Little late to the game, but i just got the Aromamizer the other day, with velocity deck, and so far so good... i think. This is my first venture beyond subtank minis. Just one question. Is it normal for there to be juice under the airflow band, or is this considered leaking? Whenever i think of my experiences with tanks leaking it's 'OH GOD ITS EVERYWHERE', and not 'is that juice under the airflow...?'
I just want to know if im doing something wrong, or if thats just how this tank is. Lol. Thanks in advance.
Normally that's just condensation built up. When I was using the bands, every time I filled the tank, I'd take the band off and dry it. Also, clearing out the air holes and taking a cotton swab and drying out the chimney chamber will help keep it to a minimum.

Also Higher VG juice works well,I haven't had one leak on me,I Build Verticle and Horizontal but I got the best performance from a Verticle Build.
uploadfromtaptalk1457701488118.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1457701517395.jpg
[/IMG]

Paul

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
New York City
The black Supreme was just listed on Fasttech: $35.80. I would have ordered this one, instead of the silver yesterday, had I known... Damn! :grr:

Ooo, wait, I forgot... I can cancel the silver one from my order (without messing with the rest of the order) and get this one instead... Another reason why I dig FT! :banana:

Last edited:

Stringplucker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2014
Tarentum, PA, USA
Why go through FT for it? Spend a couple bucks more, and get it in 3 days from Subtank Supplies. They ship crazy fast.

Anyway, my red Trinity Copa came in today. It's supposed to be for the Supreme when it finally gets in, but I couldn't wait. I went to the parts house and matched up some touch up paint, then painted one of the two new RXs that came in this week.

pevinsghost

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2015
St Louis, MO
That's normal for the Aromamizer. If you've been vaping heavy and then goto refill you'll get a drop or two out the drip tip as well. It's condensed vapor.

A lot better than the atties that pour the whole tank full of juice in your lap though.

Edit: whoops, up to late, originally had wrong device name.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nikomas89
Thanks for the responses. You have all definitely put my mind at ease. Ive only tried vertical builds so far, going to try horizontal sometime this week when i get more wire. Ive been watching the tank like a hawk just waiting for a massive juice leakage, but nothing has happened, so it must just be condensation.
I was getting flashbacks to my second ever mod and tank. Lol.
I got an eleaf 50w, and a subtank mini. Decided to try building my own coils. Being a total noob, i failed. And it leaked EVERYWHERE. I watched almost a full tank of juice leak out in less then a minute before i realized what was happening. Tried to dry my mod off the best i could, and went back to it.
The next day i was vaping on the eleaf, and the damn firing button just kept on firing after i get go of the button. Freaked me right out, and burnt out my freshly wicked coil. By the next day, it was doing it every time i pushed the button, so i took it back to my local B&M. Thankfully they replaced it for me, (kinda hard to say no when i set it on the counter and it started firing all by itself) and ive had no problems since. Still have that 50w kicking around somewhere.
But now everytime i see juice near any airflow i panic. Better safe then sorry i guess.

Reactions: Phantom-vaper
Thanks for the responses. You have all definitely put my mind at ease. Ive only tried vertical builds so far, going to try horizontal sometime this week when i get more wire. Ive been watching the tank like a hawk just waiting for a massive juice leakage, but nothing has happened, so it must just be condensation.
I was getting flashbacks to my second ever mod and tank. Lol.
I got an eleaf 50w, and a subtank mini. Decided to try building my own coils. Being a total noob, i failed. And it leaked EVERYWHERE. I watched almost a full tank of juice leak out in less then a minute before i realized what was happening. Tried to dry my mod off the best i could, and went back to it.
The next day i was vaping on the eleaf, and the damn firing button just kept on firing after i get go of the button. Freaked me right out, and burnt out my freshly wicked coil. By the next day, it was doing it every time i pushed the button, so i took it back to my local B&M. Thankfully they replaced it for me, (kinda hard to say no when i set it on the counter and it started firing all by itself) and ive had no problems since. Still have that 50w kicking around somewhere.
But now everytime i see juice near any airflow i panic. Better safe then sorry i guess.
I can build coils but still can't get the subtank coils re-built spot on.does anyone suggest spaced coils when re-building ?

Paul

SlushPuppy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2014
Cincinnati, OH, USA
I love my aromamizer×trinity tank combo... Not once have i gotten burnt lips and the flavor is amazing. Ive actually had to get used to it a bit. Still a bit too airy for my taste but ive managed and its grown on me quite a bit :p i have some blackberry and blueberry juice.. Tastes like im drinking a cup of fresh berry juice :D my first build was 2 verticals with .26 gauge wire on like a 2.5 mil screwdriver. Came out to about .44. Threw it on my SX mini ml, set to 66 watts and it really hits the spot. Good throat hit without being overly hot. Thumbs up from me!

Piak

Verified Member
Sep 9, 2014
Saturn
huge fan of this tank! the first tank that had me neglecting my drippers.

My favourite build on it so far is a dual clapton SS 26 AWG core wrapped around 32awg kanthal, 6/7 wraps 2.5mm ID, horizontal. Running on TC with my RX200

I started off with a few vertical builds but found it a little troublesome to wick, somehow, with the vertical coils I had to block off the 2 air holes that do not hit the coils directly but with the horizontal coils, I could run it without the silly-con bands that would catch condensation. I am not sure why but perhaps with horizontal coils having more wick within the chamber adds a little restriction.

I must say my favourite thing about this tank is because I can remove the deck section any time I want without needing to drain the tank. And because I build mostly TC coils, having something where I can open up to check if I am doing something wrong with the coils in TC mode or if I need to make wick adjustments is just a thing of beauty. I might get a little more flavour out of some of my drippers, or there might be other tanks with bottom airflow that have better taste but the mere convenience of running this tank in TC mode is worth the slight compromise.

pevinsghost

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2015
St Louis, MO
Found something else I like on the tank. On the two hole band if the wicking can't keep up, you can block thetwo holes with your fingers to give it a prime by sucking on the drip tip.

You can do it on the four hole band too, but you have to actually twist the band to close it off.

Of course you can wick correctly instead, but it's nice to have the option.

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
I modded a clone deck to take larger singlecoil.
Post are cut so there are only 2 holes left in the posts.
Decks are pretty cheap at FT.

3.85mm ID 24g SS. Works perfectly.
20160326_170353-480x853.jpg

Good going, friend. I like that you're somebody who gets an idea and just does it. :thumb:

Reactions: Hanha

Vapin Dave

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2015
California
The reason you think they listen to that fan page on facebook, is that if someone posts anything even slightly critical of their products, the comment is removed, and usually the person posting is kicked out of the group. Notice how now the group speak is that coils not lining up with airholes is a good thing? 'it provides flexibility'...even after the designer himself said it's a mistake.
Yep that happened to me simply for mentioning they did not invent the velocity style of decks lol
A couple of guys in there that are mods are on power trips

jeenam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2011
nyc
Just ordered an Aromamizer v1 from the Steam Crave site and was wondering if the v2 base is less prone to leaking than the v1 base. I've read up on how to coil and wick the Velocity deck to minimize the chances of leaking and we'll see how things work out. Perhaps I'll just end up using the tank setup at home and take the Reo with me when I'm out on the road.

add44

Mar 29, 2016
Received my V2 upgrade parts today. So far, so good. The AFC is nice and tight; moves when you want it to, doesn't when you don't. I'm running a 2.5mm fused Clapton single horizontal coil between the posts. Took the build straight out of my V1 into the V2. Airflow feels different, somehow, although everything should be the same (right?). But in a good way nevertheless, almost slightly less airy, with better flavor. Could be placebo.

Just ordered an Aromamizer v1 from the Steam Crave site and was wondering if the v2 base is less prone to leaking than the v1 base.
The base is essentially the same, aside from the AFC. Wicking is key in my experience.

sos2001

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2014
South Carolina
I've never had a leaking problem with the Aromamizer. Condensation, yes, but very little. I've got 4 v1's and basically that's all I'm using.

Just got the Supreme in. Another great tank. Gonna play with the wicking a bit in that the vape is almost too saturated. Never have been a "wicking wizard".

Reactions: Vapin Dave
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread